Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:44:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227795 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Agile Guitars
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Agile Guitars  (Read 2837 times)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« on: August 18, 2004, 09:47:50 AM »

Hi,

I read some reviews on Agile guitars and was very impressed... Are they available outside the US?

Do I need to change the pickups on these as well?

Fuck 'Em All.
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2004, 05:41:14 PM »

I think you can get them shipped, but it'll probably cost about $100 or so.  E-mail the guy at Rondo, and he'll tell you whatever you need to know.

The pickups are as good as anything Epiphone will give you, and the ones with all the pretty binding have Wilkinsons which are supposed to be pretty nice.

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2004, 09:37:58 AM »

did anyone try Midland les paul custom ?

it was my first guitar and it's really comfortable !

pewing33ny
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2004, 01:16:50 PM »

I think you can get them shipped, but it'll probably cost about $100 or so.? E-mail the guy at Rondo, and he'll tell you whatever you need to know.

The pickups are as good as anything Epiphone will give you, and the ones with all the pretty binding have Wilkinsons which are supposed to be pretty nice.

about $30 shipped...i know this even though i live half hour from rondo. Shocked

i bought a les paul 2500 last week because i had a big gig last night and needed a decent backup. i got the last old style agile left which was pretty sweet but since we're recording for september I might return it cause i used it a few times just to see if it works.

they're a much better value then epiphone, the $350 agile is better then the $600 epiphone LP standard or whatever the epi's in that price range are.  the epi elites and japanese tokais are better. get a tokai, about $700 new shipped from japan and absolutely blows away regular epi and agiles. 

with the agile unless you get the 2800 or 3000 prestige you'll need to replace pickups (may want to replace those also, i like alnico II magnets much better then alnico V's, less harsh)  also a setup and probably a new nut and case which will be about $550-600 so might as well go for the tokai.

but then again if your a beginner and just want to spend $300 and don't really care about upgrades until later an agile isn't bad. 

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: