Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 01:02:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227828 Posts in 43249 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Steven Adler interview: discusses touring, his new CD, musical history, his wife
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Steven Adler interview: discusses touring, his new CD, musical history, his wife  (Read 4187 times)
Dizzy
« on: August 24, 2004, 07:38:55 PM »

SOURCE: http://www.glam-metal.com/stevenadler.html

Interview with Steven Adler
By Debbie Rao
Aug 18, 2004

It?s hard not to root for Steven Adler.? His drumming was the driving force behind the original line-up of Guns n' Roses, which even today is considered one of the greatest bands of all time.? But, unfortunately for Adler, his time in the band didn?t last long.? He was relieved from his duties as drummer in GNR during 1990, after struggling with a serious drug addiction.? After being ousted from the band, Adler disappeared from the music scene for a few years to concentrate on fighting his addiction.? During this time he suffered a drug induced stroke.? But now with his demons behind him, a healthy Adler has returned.? He is currently on the Bad Boys of Metal Tour, which also features Kevin DuBrow and Bang Tango.? In addition, Adler is getting ready to enter the recording studio with his band, ?Adler's Appetite.? The band plans on commencing recording in three weeks for a CD scheduled for release early next year on Metal Blade Records.? In this brief interview, Adler gives his fans some insight to the Bad Boys Tour and discusses his new CD.

Hey Steven, how is the Bad Boys tour going so far?

It?s been going great. We had a couple of shows that were cancelled for some reason, I don?t know why. But, we are having a good time.

What tunes have you been playing?

Seven or eight GNR songs plus ?Mama Kin,?? ?Knockin? on Heaven's Door.?? Just in case you don?t already know, I?m not playing with my band Adler's Appetite on this tour.? My band mates are currently involved in other things.? Robbie Crane and Jizzy Pearl are doing a few weekend shows.? My guitar player Kerri Kelly is doing shows with Vince Neil.? So not until I?m done and they?re done, which will be at the same time, we will start working on our new record.? And I?m excited about working on that.

Now what will your new album sound like? Will it be more modern or will it be like classic Guns?

No, I am a hippie rock and roller.? It?s going to be like the 60's and 70's rock that I grew up with.? That?s the type of music that all the boys in the band grew up with.? It will also be like GNR, straight head rock and roll.? It will be released on Metal Blade Records.

Will it be out by the end of the year?

No, we will be working on it in three weeks.? It would be nice if it would be out by my birthday Jan 22, but probably more like Feb or March.

Will you be touring soon with Adler's Appetite?

[No] I will be going back to Europe in Nov or Dec with the Bad Boys.

You played in Springfield, MA recently.  I see Alex Grossi perform in Worcester at the Lucky Dog all the time.

Yeah, you are from Alex's hometown right?

Yeah.  Where are you from originally?  Are you from LA?

No, I am from Cleveland, Ohio.? I moved to LA when I was 7 with my family.? I live in Vegas now.

I heard you just renewed your nuptial vows recently.

Yeah, with my wife.? I am married to a great girl.? I am happy with her, she is happy with me.

Tell me about your musical history.  How long have you been playing drums?

I am 39 now.? It?s been awhile.? My first band was with Slash.? We had Road Crew, then Hollywood Rose, and then Guns n' Roses.? We have been around for awhile.? I started playing drums at 6 or 7.

How has the music scene changed since you first started playing on the Hollywood Sunset Strip Club scene?

It was so much fun going out to shows then.  All the local bands would go out to see everyone else's band.  If they thought they were good.  It was just a different time.  We use to go to the Rainbow on Sunset and we would be having the greatest time, but then two years ago, Bruce Kulick from Kiss got shot in the foot at the Rainbow.  When we were growing up and playing around, you had fist fights, but nobody pulled out a gun or knife.  It was a different scene back then.  But it was a different scene in the 60's too, when Sunset Strip first started really.

Do you like the music scene today?

I love the Foo Fighters.? That's sort of a new band that I really like.? I love Dave Grohl, who went from playing drums in a huge band to playing guitar and singing, and I think that?s so great.

Thanks Steven for doing this interview for glam-metal.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2004, 07:41:24 PM by Dizzy » Logged
O'Reily
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 10:22:40 PM »

Good interview. I am really glad that Steven is getting out there and doing his thing these days. Hopefully Adler's Appetite does tour and come to the Kansas City area
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2004, 10:32:11 PM »

Great interview, Steven is great. Good luck to him.

Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2004, 04:24:15 AM »

SOURCE: http://www.glam-metal.com/stevenadler.html
Tell me about your musical history.? How long have you been playing drums?

I am 39 now.? It?s been awhile.? My first band was with Slash.? We had Road Crew, then Hollywood Rose, and then Guns n' Roses.? We have been around for awhile.? I started playing drums at 6 or 7.
Sorry if i am missing something here but i did not think either one of them was in Hollywood Rose, because if they had been it would of been original GN'R minus Duff.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2004, 02:38:41 PM »

I think he is explaining the process of how GNR came to be, he stated "we have" not "I was" so I dont think he meant he was in Hollywood Rose. ok
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2004, 12:22:27 PM »

I think he is explaining the process of how GNR came to be, he stated "we have" not "I was" so I dont think he meant he was in Hollywood Rose. ok

yeah, thanks for clearing that up, was kinda wondering about that one myself! ok

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
sergejg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2004, 06:02:07 PM »

I have never liked much Steven I prefer a lot Matt Drums, however I hope Steven does good album and haves fun using guns and roses to promote himself, hehe.
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2004, 06:36:11 AM »

Hey Steven, how is the Bad Boys tour going so far?

It?s been going great. We had a couple of shows that were cancelled for some reason, I don?t know why. But, we are having a good time.

[b

hihi yeah it's great to have a few nights off.

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: