Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:39:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Guns N' Roses vs. Def Leppard
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N' Roses vs. Def Leppard  (Read 23960 times)
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2004, 05:15:18 PM »

WOW! What a thread! This is like when VH1 said "The ABC of Rock:Axl,Britney and Christina"

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2004, 11:41:47 AM »

I don't mean to be an asshole but I wasn't trying to compare G'NR with Def Leppard, I was comparing Guns N' Roses Appetite for Destruction with Def Leppard Hysteria.

I like both, just depends on the mood but I prefer AFD.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2004, 03:44:34 PM »

2 totally different bands. GNR wew more harder edged and less about image.

Def Leppard were more pop oriented metal. They are also a great band, but for different reasons.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Jaded
Rocker

Going 'straight' will get you nowhere

« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2004, 05:21:26 PM »

WOW! What a thread! This is like when VH1 said "The ABC of Rock:Axl,Britney and Christina"

lol  hihi
did VH1 really say that??

It's evolution, baby!
Leah_RocketQueen
Headliner

Wanna be Mrs.Duff!

« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2004, 03:36:44 PM »

This thread is pointless man...think about it urself...you are at a guns n' roses fan forum and ur asking if we like def leppard better? come on! its kinda easy to figure out that gnr is gonna win at this forum!!!!!  Roll Eyes

Don't You Cry Tonight
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2004, 04:45:17 PM »

This thread is pointless man...think about it urself...you are at a guns n' roses fan forum and ur asking if we like def leppard better? come on! its kinda easy to figure out that gnr is gonna win at this forum!!!!!? Roll Eyes

Lol - check the VR section - there are a huge number of people on the board who despise the band. Don't ever fool urself into thinking ur dealing with rationale people here hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #46 on: September 20, 2004, 12:13:21 AM »

Lol - check the VR section - there are a huge number of people on the board who despise the band. Don't ever fool urself into thinking ur dealing with rationale people here hihi

By "this band", do you mean people who hate Velvet Revolver or people who hate the new GN'R?  Either way, you're probably right.

One thing I always wondered about their drummer, wouldn't it have been easier to get some sort of drumming prosthetic than to learn how to play one handed? Hear me out, think like a real long drum stick attached to where the remainder of his arm ends. like half a broom stick long, and then file the end like a drum stick. I think that sounds easier than learning how to play one handed. Altho I don't know how much of his arm was left because I am not a fan so that may determine whether or not this was feasible.

Ya know, I read in Maxim magazine's "25 Greatest Moments In Metal" or something like that that the drummer, Rick Allen, was arrested in like 1992 for beating his wife.  Wow, talk about the setting the standard - not only for crippled musicians, but also for crippled assholes too!

I was dismayed to read that.  I've always admired Rick as a symbol of perseverence in the face of hardship, and then I found out he beat his wife.  That sucks.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: