Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:55:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Is Bucket really out?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Bucket really out?  (Read 8073 times)
BucketvsSlash
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: August 29, 2004, 07:54:32 PM »

Ok..So all the members presumably have contracts..Mysteron has said that management says that Bucket is under contract..If he is under contract how could he be out of the band? I was under the impression that being that Brain And Bucket have a history that they were in the band as a two for one..Maybe someone can dig up a quote on the idea That if one left so would the other. The whole thing is crazy..Bucket of bernie brains was put on hold because of GNR and it now seems that Bucket has more stuff coming out than ever..When I saw Bucket solo in April at the merch counter they had a cobra strike cd with a black corssout on the label sticker..I asked if Guns N roses was crossed off and the guy said yes..I ordered the cd months later and it wasnt crossed off..If Bucket left because there isnt an album release in sight or a tour..what would happen if an album did come out and they toured? Why wouldnt Bucket want to play Rio 4?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 07:59:50 PM »

Regardless of whether he is under contract or not if he doesn't want to be in the band, he's not going to be in the band. And beside, who would want to have someone in the band who doesn't want to be there?
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2004, 08:01:58 PM »

what  does it mean "crossed of"?
i don't understand.

could someone explain?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2004, 08:06:07 PM »

Unless somebody in the band or Herbie ( Wink) says he's back, I consider him an ex-member.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2004, 08:06:38 PM »

Who knows if Bucket will return sometimes I think it might have been Buckets fault about the 2002 tour but I dont know what goes on in the world of GN'R but Bucket is out but could still return.

EEEERRRR Little boy
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2004, 08:08:43 PM »

crossed of??
BucketvsSlash
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2004, 09:22:58 PM »

caligula..normally on cds..there will be a little sticker that says..featuring the hit single-----...When I checked out the album at the show..it said. Featuring Buckethead ----(marker crossed off)--------------- and the rest was crossed off..I asked the guy if guns n roses was crossed off and he said yes..Later on when I ordered it..it came to me with the sticker..Featuring Guns N roses guitarist Buckethead...Why do people think Bucket might have caused the 2002 tour cancellation?
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2004, 03:57:59 PM »

crossed out

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2004, 11:49:22 AM »

somethin' weirds going on thats for sure, i beleive that he's an ex-member but when members are asked about he's departure they work there way around and dont know how to answer, obviously 'caus they cant give shit away but it all seems really weird to me... Undecided

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
BucketvsSlash
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2004, 01:29:17 AM »

another question..axl reportedly worshipped the ground bucket walked on..if thats the case then how come bucket didnt do more solo's and provided more riffs?
darkmonth
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2004, 03:15:22 AM »

How do you know he didnt?

I actually hope he didn't coz buckets riff making standards are not up to scratch.  His records contain very little in the way of riffmeistering that is any good.

His slower more mellow stuff is better.
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2004, 08:28:54 AM »

How do you know he didnt?

I actually hope he didn't coz buckets riff making standards are not up to scratch.  His records contain very little in the way of riffmeistering that is any good.

His slower more mellow stuff is better.

totally false. his mellow stuff is rather boring.
there are nice riff attacs on "Cuckoo", "Land of lost Minds" and even "Monsters and Robots".
BucketvsSlash
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2004, 05:40:08 PM »

more gas for the fire...today in a parade magazine question, Someone asked if it was true that Viggo Mortensen makes music. The article states that he has recorded with GUNS N ROSES guitarist buckethead..not former guitarist..that is all
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2004, 06:19:43 AM »

more gas for the fire...today in a parade magazine question, Someone asked if it was true that Viggo Mortensen makes music. The article states that he has recorded with GUNS N ROSES guitarist buckethead..not former guitarist..that is all

it's just that the writers are not well informed...
BucketvsSlash
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2004, 06:59:37 PM »

oh and these writers just pull out info on a new Viggo cd out of the air?!
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2004, 12:56:09 AM »

oh and these writers just pull out info on a new Viggo cd out of the air?!

well, not from the air but maybe just from www.tdrsmusic.com. it's rather easy to get that info.
BucketvsSlash
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2004, 04:32:46 PM »

another point..during the chinese democracy tour shows Buckethead would do the nunchucks to the synth melody played by Chris Pittman,he still played that at the solo shows after he left
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2004, 06:56:06 AM »

another point..during the chinese democracy tour shows Buckethead would do the nunchucks to the synth melody played by Chris Pittman,he still played that at the solo shows after he left

the synth melody was used by Buckethead before his GNR time so why not use it also after that?
BucketvsSlash
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2004, 04:16:13 PM »

when was it used??? i have friends who have played a majority of Buckethead's pre-GNR solo shows and I have never heard that
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2004, 05:47:31 PM »

It'll be a shame if he made the albums amazing and then they don't have the sound anymore. Buckethead was a huge asset'.. I had heard alot he didn't fit the image of gnr, but with teh new band there really isn't an image..

I remeber seeing robin the first time and though he was goth or like a robert palmer chick, another guy looked like lance bass, then axl looked like a rapper, what a group of guys, each was an individual.. Shame bucket is gone, wonder if he hung around how things would have went?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: