Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:18:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  watchin the vma's im confident axl will be an even bigger star than his prime!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: watchin the vma's im confident axl will be an even bigger star than his prime!  (Read 49441 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2004, 09:24:35 PM »

The reason GNR closed the 2002 VMA's is because they were a novelty act at the point. Nothing more, nothing less. They would not have been lusting after them had they not disappeared. They came back, nothing happend after, and all is back to normal.

yeah that is why mtv tried to get axl to play the VMAs in 2003 too right  Roll Eyes
Axl said no because he knew the album was not ready yet

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2004, 09:26:42 PM »

The reason GNR closed the 2002 VMA's is because they were a novelty act at the point. Nothing more, nothing less. They would not have been lusting after them had they not disappeared. They came back, nothing happend after, and all is back to normal.
MTV has asked GN'R/Axl to perform at the VMAs every year since 1993, but GN'R/Axl have turned the offer down, so your statement is completely false. Axl has the upper leverage in this case.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2004, 09:27:01 PM »

Kurt Loder seemed bored, and unimpressed. You could really see it in his eyes that he wished he was in the 1992 VMAs.
Rock n' Roll is his passion. Now there is no Rock n' Roll anymore, he looses his passion like all of us. I remember seeing a Rockumentary by him, speaking about the Guns n' Roses/Nirvana "competition" (even if Guns sold 3 times more albums than nirvana that made the competition totally idiotic but well at least there was something) and his eyes were shinning! I perfectly remember that. He knew he was speacking about History, about Rock-legends. That guy is great but he works in a shitty company now.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 09:30:35 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2004, 09:27:59 PM »

I have no doubt musicaly CD will be fantastic, I just don't see where everyone thinks all of the airplay is going to come from. MTV itself will not play GNR because they don't play music from rock bands, let alone ones fronted by a 43 year old man. Also, the major radio stations with the Kiss FM format which allows acts to sell huge amounts of records will not play them. Certain alternative formats may or may not play them depending on how the music sounds and the namesake GNR. VR are battling this very problem right now. I know plenty of people here argue about VR vs. GNR and whatnot, but VR is better than the rest of the current rock scene. Problem is there is no where to get air play in which the younger audiences will here it on a consistent basis. No matter how good the music, I see GNR having the exact same problems.

And unless CD sells minimum 5 million copies, the record comany will see that album as a failure. They could easily get another band to sell a couple of million for less than the 13 million dollars and aggravation created by GNR, so this album HAS to sell for this project to be a success regardless of how good the music is. Album don't dictate quality, but the label could care less how good the music is, they want to see profit coming in the door. I just don't see where their going to get the exposure given the way the music industry is set up.
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2004, 09:28:16 PM »

All I can say is that if anyone thinks the VMA's are hosting more talent right now than W. Axl Rose and GN'R than you need to wake the fuck up and see reality.

Music needs a complete 360 degree turnaround to rock n' roll.? No more rap/hip hop shit.?? beer

Axl will blow any group away hands down.? ok
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 09:33:22 PM by insupportofaxl » Logged
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2004, 09:29:35 PM »

I have the same exact feeling. I was fucking cringing when I was listening to Hoobastank, I was eating Chunky soup and I started choking on my fuckin sirloin steak pieces when I heard that guy sing.

God Axl, we need u to release this album really bad and kill all this shitty ass noise that these people call music.

dude.. if axl made another surprise comeback right now and screamed out "NOVEMBER MOTHER FUCKERS" wouldnt that make you choke on your steak too?? hihi

and everything said IS very very true.. my head hurts and my stomach is queasy listening to and watching all this crap.. Jet has to be the best thing on so far..? ?confused

Yeah but if Axl yelled "November Motherfuckers" right now and I choked on my steak it would be because of a really really really great thing, Chinese Democracy. That Hoobastank guy made me choke because he sucked so bad, but you already knew that. hihi
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2004, 09:31:37 PM »

To Naupis: Name value will get it going. "Van Halen" just put out a shitty second greatest hits album with most of the songs from their FIRST greatest hits, which came out eight years ago, and three new songs which are utter trash, and it charted. The GNR greatest hits nearly hit #1. Once the mindless drones that buy albums today see that it goes to #1 in its first week, the same reason Metallica does, the same reason the GNR greatest hits went to #3, they'll figure "Woah this must kick ass!" or "Woah, this must be a rap album!" and it'll fly off the shelves.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 09:35:49 PM by SOH » Logged
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2004, 09:32:27 PM »

D........... peace ok to your post.

I agree totally.
IndiannaRose
VIP

« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2004, 09:33:25 PM »

Oh man the ass he would kick....*dreams*
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2004, 09:34:35 PM »

don't loose hope: Norah Jones sold 18 million copies of her 1st album in 2002...without a lot of promotion, she didn't need MTV. Just good music. Good music still sells a lot. don't worry. Good music isn't on MTV nowadays...
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 09:36:38 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2004, 09:37:07 PM »

Norah Jones also had the advantage of being played relentlessly on every adult contemporary station in the country....which just happens to be the demographic of people who still actually buy albums. That is not a luxury GNR is going to have.
gnrfan1797
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2004, 09:37:38 PM »

I refused to watch anymore of that crap. Axl we need you more then ever man. Smiley
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2004, 09:40:48 PM »

Oh man the ass he would kick....*dreams*

smoking  thanks for posting these pictures.

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2004, 09:45:41 PM »

don't loose hope: Norah Jones sold 18 million copies of her 1st album in 2002...without a lot of promotion, she didn't need MTV. Just good music. Good music still sells a lot. don't worry. Good music isn't on MTV nowadays...

18 million
where did u get that number from?
she didnt sell that many
or is that world wide?

I think you mean 1.8 million
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 09:47:21 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
IndiannaRose
VIP

« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2004, 09:46:59 PM »

18 million
where did u get that number from?
she didnt sell that many
or is that world wide?
That's the correct figure actually. 18 million copies sold worldwide.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2004, 09:47:41 PM »

oh god please make the bad channel stop.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2004, 09:48:02 PM »

ah world wide that is different
gotcha  ok

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2004, 09:49:02 PM »

yep, that depressing bitch has sold a shitload of records

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2004, 09:50:57 PM »

I`m glad Axl is  not part of this years show. The show is so awful Axl should have no associatin with it this year.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
IndiannaRose
VIP

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2004, 09:54:38 PM »

I`m glad Axl is? not part of this years show. The show is so awful Axl should have no associatin with it this year.
He could save it you know, he could save thousands of people from stabbing themselves in the back to death repeatedley from the boredom of watchin' this show. hihi
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: