Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:34:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  watchin the vma's im confident axl will be an even bigger star than his prime!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: watchin the vma's im confident axl will be an even bigger star than his prime!  (Read 49439 times)
EricaLyn087
Headliner

Showtime for strangers

« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2004, 09:56:29 PM »

Did anyone see JET win that award for best rock video???

Okay. Did you see that idiotic drummer come up with a drink? He leaned into the microphone, said thanks, cursed and said "OOOPS!!! I DIDN'T SAY THAT!"

And who did that, like, 16 years earlier?

SLASH.

Why do I feel like he's making fun of Slash and not paying him some sort of sick tribute?

Maybe I'm overreacting but I'm MAD.  Angry

"One time we played a concert in Antwerp, Belgium. At least I thought it was Antwerp, Belgium. Turns out it was a Stop 'n Shop in Wisconsin somewhere, but it was fun man." -- Slash
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2004, 09:58:37 PM »

I`m glad Axl is  not part of this years show. The show is so awful Axl should have no associatin with it this year.
He could save it you know, he could save thousands of people from stabbing themselves in the back to death repeatedley from the boredom of watchin' this show. hihi

rofl

Or stopped them from thinking about canceling their cable.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 10:00:38 PM by timothy » Logged

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2004, 10:00:42 PM »

the really sad part is
most kids are going to think this VMAs is great

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2004, 10:01:50 PM »

I guess the kids AREN'T allright now.....

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2004, 10:05:29 PM »

Music today is a joke.  Rock music is definitely a joke.  Nobody in rock today could touch Axl on his worst day.  Look who won best rock video.  Jet?  I see a few people here thought Jet was pretty good tonight.  They were, I guess.  But are they a GN'R?  No fuckin' way.  Why are we even wasting our time watching these awards?  Oh yeah...maybe a possible Axl appearance or CD commercial.  I know that's the only reason I'm watching.  Rock music needs a big kick in the ass, and only Axl could do that.  Rap/hip hop is taking over music, and it sickens me.  At least we still have Velvet Revolver...

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2004, 10:12:50 PM »

the really sad part is
most kids are going to think this VMAs is great

I was think the same thing and it makes me want to vomit . Rock music really needs Axl To come back and shack things up like only he can do .

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2004, 10:23:52 PM »

Looks like Outkast is closing out the show, I am sure people will be talking about that performance for years to come.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2004, 10:29:05 PM »

its funny how this is the only show where i wanna go out of the room to get snacks DURING the show and want to actually watch the comercials..  hihi

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2004, 10:33:06 PM »

I tuned into the show a couple times, and I was like "Is this shit for real?"

I saw these idiots perform "Lean back" and all these celebrities in the crowd etc were pretending to rock out to the song.  Trying to make it seem like they enjoyed it, but it was nothing but corny and fake.  I couldn't believe how lame things have gotten.

Basically, the VMA's have turned into the nigger awards.  No offense, but it's the truth.  All it is is a bunch of dumb ass rappers that think they're hot shit, when the fact is that they're a bunch of no talent losers. 

This time period of rap music being the big thing will be looked at with true embarassment in about 5-7 years. 

If those that were embarassed by themselves by the 80's thought that was bad, today's kids that like rap will be embarassed a thousand times more.

This whole MTV generation is retarded.

This whole show has been nothing but corny and lame.

Did anyone see the lame bit with Jon Stewart and AL sharpton?  How unfunny was that?

Or did you see the scene where Jimmy Fallon and the accouncer were pretend arguing for the sake of self depreciating humor?  Was that supposed to be funny?

That's all I saw, and it was all bad.  I assume the rest of the show was horrific as well.
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2004, 10:39:37 PM »

Basically, the VMA's have turned into the nigger awards.
I throught Lenny Kravits's, Alisha Key's, and Stevie Wonder's performance was quite good though. (the rest has been shit except for Kanye West n' Jet in my opinion)

on that lousy comment.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2004, 10:44:16 PM »

I tuned into the show a couple times, and I was like "Is this shit for real?"

I saw these idiots perform "Lean back" and all these celebrities in the crowd etc were pretending to rock out to the song.? Trying to make it seem like they enjoyed it, but it was nothing but corny and fake.? I couldn't believe how lame things have gotten.

Basically, the VMA's have turned into the nigger awards.? No offense, but it's the truth.? All it is is a bunch of dumb ass rappers that think they're hot shit, when the fact is that they're a bunch of no talent losers.?

This time period of rap music being the big thing will be looked at with true embarassment in about 5-7 years.?

If those that were embarassed by themselves by the 80's thought that was bad, today's kids that like rap will be embarassed a thousand times more.

This whole MTV generation is retarded.

This whole show has been nothing but corny and lame.

Did anyone see the lame bit with Jon Stewart and AL sharpton?? How unfunny was that?

Or did you see the scene where Jimmy Fallon and the accouncer were pretend arguing for the sake of self depreciating humor?? Was that supposed to be funny?

That's all I saw, and it was all bad.? I assume the rest of the show was horrific as well.

Ill say this much,, you have the balls to say what most people are thinking.
Maybe not in those exact words but I agree the VMA award shows have turned into a rap/r n' b a thon.
Just look how they lumped all the rock acts into one part and cut all their songs in half.

Plus as much as I hate them, they are proably the biggest rock band out there right now, where are the darkness

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2004, 10:44:22 PM »

Basically, the VMA's have turned into the nigger awards.?

Based on the never-ending stupidity and ignorance of your past posts, Im not surprised by this at all. 

If you make any kind of advancements as a human within the next 5-7 years, which I honestly dont see happening, you will be the one looking back at yourself with true embarassment.

Get a clue...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2004, 10:45:29 PM »

It's a different time and space kids, just another perfect example of music being cyclical.

Music needs an enema just like it did in the fall of '91, just don't pin your hopes on said enema being provided by a 43 year old. 

Music history proves that point to the nth degree....

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2004, 10:45:34 PM »

Basically, the VMA's have turned into the nigger awards.
I throught Lenny Kravits's, Alisha Key's, and Stevie Wonder's performance was quite good though. (the rest has been shit except for Kanye West n' Jet in my opinion)

on that lousy comment.

if you go by axl's definition of that word from the One in a Million controversy, the poster is not far off.

As I was watching the rap/hip hop people entering the building, I couldn't believe that people like that were so rich. Goes to show you where higher education leads you......middle class. This is really an awful statement to Generation Nothing.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2004, 10:48:19 PM »

Yeah man!  Just like Axl!  Roll Eyes

So basically any racist who says "nigger" in a public forum should be admired for their balls, right.  Roll Eyes
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2004, 10:50:29 PM »

what is this band at the end in the robes? Did the remnants of the Heaven's Gate cult get a record contract?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2004, 10:51:03 PM »

i hate to tell you guys this but that poster was right. mainstream music today is heavily influenced by black culture. honestly, look at the nominees for video of the year.

poop
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2004, 10:53:25 PM »

Yeah man!? Just like Axl!? Roll Eyes

So basically any racist who says "nigger" in a public forum should be admired for their balls, right.? Roll Eyes

i dunno but i see people like ludacris and posse, jay z, nelly, and odb wearing gucci suits, drinking expensive booze, and cursing like the uneducated untalented millionaires like they are, a certain disgust comes over me. I can't believe people buy that crap.

just a question, what are rap/hip hop's worldwide sales? Does it sell outside the US or are their profits mainly from domestic sales?

DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2004, 10:53:26 PM »

Basically, the VMA's have turned into the nigger awards.?

Based on the never-ending stupidity and ignorance of your past posts, Im not surprised by this at all.?

If you make any kind of advancements as a human within the next 5-7 years, which I honestly dont see happening, you will be the one looking back at yourself with true embarassment.

Get a clue...

Well, you're black and a rap fan, so I'd expect you to be pissed off by my comment.  I just speak the truth.  Sorry about that.   Goodnight

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2004, 10:53:43 PM »

Yeah man!? Just like Axl!? Roll Eyes

So basically any racist who says "nigger" in a public forum should be admired for their balls, right.? Roll Eyes

You are just being PC, and like I said in my post im sure u didnt not read, i wouldnt have used those exact words but the VMAs have turned into the black music awards.
This might as well be on BET.

And you know the N word means an ignorant person.
Also, black rappers use that word in their songs all the time.
So what is wrong with using it to desribe them if they are always calling each other that?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: