Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:42:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  watchin the vma's im confident axl will be an even bigger star than his prime!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: watchin the vma's im confident axl will be an even bigger star than his prime!  (Read 49514 times)
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2004, 10:55:00 PM »

It's a different time and space kids, just another perfect example of music being cyclical.

just don't pin your hopes on said enema being provided by a 43 year old.?

Oh please Aerosmith blew up in the early 90s (they blew up in the late 80s as well) when those guys were almost 50, and by the way Axl's 42. Outside of Bono, Steven Tyler, and Bon Jovi who else is there for rock at the moment? Axl has the looks, swagger, balls, and music to pull this off. And from your standpoint the band (ie Tommy Stinson, Richard Fortus) fits in with today's crowd pretty well.

This can slaughter anything at the VMAs at the moment:

and you know it.
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2004, 10:55:25 PM »

what is this band at the end in the robes? Did the remnants of the Heaven's Gate cult get a record contract?

Hilariously appropriate comment.

I was just watching that, and was wondering, "What has happened to this indudstry?"

It's more like a comedy show than a real music award show.
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2004, 10:55:55 PM »

All I can say is that if anyone thinks the VMA's are hosting more talent right now than W. Axl Rose and GN'R than you need to wake the fuck up and see reality.

Music needs a complete 360 degree turnaround to rock n' roll.? No more rap/hip hop shit.?? beer

Axl will blow any group away hands down.? ok

360 degree turnaround? So, do you like hip hop and rap shit?  rofl hihi

Just a joke, OK? Hope you understand...

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2004, 10:58:09 PM »

All I can say is that if anyone thinks the VMA's are hosting more talent right now than W. Axl Rose and GN'R than you need to wake the fuck up and see reality.

Music needs a complete 360 degree turnaround to rock n' roll.? No more rap/hip hop shit.?? beer

Axl will blow any group away hands down.? ok

360 degree turnaround? So, do you like hip hop and rap shit?? rofl hihi

Just a joke, OK? Hope you understand...

i think you mean 180 Wink

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2004, 10:58:31 PM »

i hate to tell you guys this but that poster was right. mainstream music today is heavily influenced by black culture. honestly, look at the nominees for video of the year.

Thats not what the poster said...He called it the "nigger" awards.? If you think hes right in saying that, youre just as clueless as he is.

And I hope Im not crushing your world by telling you that rock and roll is heavily influenced by black culture.? Shocked? Roll Eyes

i dunno but i see people like ludacris and posse, jay z, nelly, and odb wearing gucci suits, drinking expensive booze, and cursing like the uneducated untalented millionaires like they are, a certain disgust comes over me. I can't believe people buy that crap.

And when you saw Axl in pink Versace with posse, drinking wine, and cursing like the uneducated millionaire he was, you were surely just as disgusted right?

You dunno?? I do - youve got some real race issues.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 11:00:51 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2004, 10:59:38 PM »

Polyphonic Spree?! WTF was that? What has the world come to? I simply can't believe some of this shit...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2004, 11:02:51 PM »

It's a different time and space kids, just another perfect example of music being cyclical.

Oh please Aerosmith blew up in the early 90s (they blew up in the late 80s as well) when those guys were almost 50, and by the way Axl's 42.

Aerosmith did have a rebirth, no doubt about it.?

Hardly one that revitalized rock music or changed anything, that fact is unarguable.? Just a nostalgia act getting a second chance, nothng more

Most on these boards have higher hopes for GNR....

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2004, 11:03:04 PM »

what a stupid comment, im ashamed that comment is in my thread!! it isnt the rap and r and b artists faults that rock music sucks balls these days!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Usher is great,alicia keyes is amazing, i find lil jon and the eastsidaz  "get low" song pretty catchy

Linkin park just won!!!!!!!! fuck yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

gnrs 2002 performance was awesome! especially when ucompare it to last years and this years although if its Outkast it will be great cause outkast kick ass!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2004, 11:04:46 PM »

D, that post was hilarious!!!   hahaha
  Good work
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2004, 11:05:16 PM »

i hate to tell you guys this but that poster was right. mainstream music today is heavily influenced by black culture. honestly, look at the nominees for video of the year.

Thats not what the poster said...He called it the "nigger" awards.? If you think hes right in saying that, youre just as clueless as he is.

And I hope Im not crushing your world by telling you that rock and roll is heavily influenced by black culture.? Shocked? Roll Eyes

i dunno but i see people like ludacris and posse, jay z, nelly, and odb wearing gucci suits, drinking expensive booze, and cursing like the uneducated untalented millionaires like they are, a certain disgust comes over me. I can't believe people buy that crap.

And when you saw Axl in pink Versace with posse, drinking wine, and cursing like the uneduated millionaire he was, you were surely just as disgusted right?

You dunno?? I do - youve got some real race issues.

I'm not a racist dude. you know nothing about me. I suggest you not pre-judge me on an observation that is perfectly relevant and appreciable. But an educated person, I can look at the type of rolemodels being presented to the younger generation and be disgusted. What i see with these hip hop/rap people for the most part is atrocious.

As for the redhead, he has not embarrassed himself to the degree that these hip hop 'artists' have.? Seeing them enter on the redcarpet and act like complete uncouth fools was a freakshow.

You can't tell me that those guys are behaving in a manner befitting a role model. if you are then you've got some intelligence issues.

charles barkley has a great perspective on this issue.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 11:11:12 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
FlashFlood
Rocker

« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2004, 11:06:27 PM »

linkin park is horrible. every goddamn song follows the same gay formula, and its terrible. horrible horrible horrible horrible.                                                   

poop
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2004, 11:08:02 PM »

LP does not even write their own songs if im not mistaken.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2004, 11:11:20 PM »

Oh please Aerosmith blew up in the early 90s (they blew up in the late 80s as well) when those guys were almost 50, and by the way Axl's 42.

Aerosmith did have a rebirth, no doubt about it.?

Hardly one that revitalized rock music or changed anything, that fact is unarguable.? Just a nostalgia act getting a second chance, nothng more

Most on these boards have higher hopes for GNR....

When Aerosmith hit it big again did rock really need to be revitalized? It's health pretty much looked well at that point. But this is different, it can be easily assummed that rock is pretty much as low as it's ever been, today, in the year 2004. I mean c'mon', the best selling rock album of 2004 (worldwide) is GN'R's Greatest Hits collection That's why it's different, both the situation and circumstances are different. The name GN'R brings in selling power while Axl n' New GN'R's music bring in uniqueness. Rock today is dominated by bands like Jet, Hoobastank, Good Charlotte, and Yellowcard. Oh it can change my friend, but in the end only time will tell. There is no decifering of this.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2004, 11:12:03 PM »

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but let's not forget where the awards show is being held.

Miami isn't exactly considered a mecca for rock music and the theme of the show definately has a Miami vibe to it, hip hop, dance etc....

Oh God, I just heard Coldplay coming back from commercial, I feel I might puke...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2004, 11:12:05 PM »

Music needs an enema just like it did in the fall of '91, just don't pin your hopes on said enema being provided by a 43 year old. 

Yep, Axl is unlikely to "save" anything.  Maybe he'll influence the person who will.  This show is truly awful.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #75 on: August 29, 2004, 11:15:09 PM »

I don't think that GnR can catch on too greatly with the younger generation; after all many of these kids were infants when AFD caught fire. coupled with a general apathy, short term memory, and homogenized taste in music due to the bubble gum, cookie cutter processed cheese being stacked in the local Sam Goody, i am not at all deluding myself that GnR will top the world again.

The best we can hope for is a strong rennaissance in the 25-45 age group, still a very powerful sales demographic.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #76 on: August 29, 2004, 11:18:08 PM »

We dont need guns n roses to be huge again, we just need them to pave the way for better more talented bands than what we saw tonite, Jet, Hoobastank, Good Charlotte, and Yellowcard.

Next years VMAs could be good since we are getting albums from Trent, Axl, bono and maynard. Plus VR should be up for awards next year too.

christina_rose
Headliner

Axl is my everything

« Reply #77 on: August 29, 2004, 11:19:03 PM »

The reason GNR closed the 2002 VMA's is because they were a novelty act at the point. Nothing more, nothing less. They would not have been lusting after them had they not disappeared. They came back, nothing happend after, and all is back to normal.

I know this was posted in the first page, but I've been watching the Olympics, and just got on now to see what everyone else thought of the VMA'S. I halfway agree with that comment. I know MTV has been crapping themselves trying to get them to perform. I think Axl thought he'd be ready, so he said yes. I don't think MTV viewed them as a novelty, I think alot of other people saw them as a novelty. Like,"Oh, look, it's Guns N' Roses". I was happy as hell that they performed. And I truly believe that Axl will be back eventually. But, with the failed tour and disappearing again, it almost looks like a novelty type thing. Like when they "reunited" Van Halen, or got KISS to perform before launching the 5 farewell tours they did. With what little hype they have left, if Axl doesn't do something SOON, he'll just fall by the wayside. But we'll see.

"And those technical delays had nothing to do with my sorry ass"-Axl Rose
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #78 on: August 29, 2004, 11:21:09 PM »

Oh it can change my friend, but in the end only time will tell. There is no decifering of this.

It's a good conversation for sure, but history shows (at least in my lifetime) no band with a ready made brand name and a frontman that age has ever come back to be a leading relevant force at the forefront of any new movement.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #79 on: August 29, 2004, 11:23:12 PM »

I'm not a racist dude.

Then you have a curiously racial double standard...

But as an educated person, I can look at the type of rolemodels being presented to the younger generation and be disgusted. What i see with these hip hop/rap people for the most part is atrocious.

Its entertainment...You think GNR were any better as role models?  You think the behavior of rock bands in the 80s (and every decade before and after) is that much better? 

As for the redhead, He has never made videos flaunting his cars, his cash, his luxury as some of these hiphopsters have.

So now were talking about videos specifically?  What about the lifestyle GNR publicly reveled in?  I find most rap videos (most videos in general, really) to be artistically bankrupt.  But when you go bringing race into it, sorry to say, but youre a racist. 

the message in rap is a disturbing one.? Seeing them enter on the redcarpet and act like complete uncouth fools was a freakshow.

So you mustve been horrified by an intoxicated Slash and Duff cursing onstage?  Or Axl diving into a crowd and assaulting a fan and causing a riot?  Or Izzy pissing on an airplane?  Need I go on?

You can't tell me that those guys are behaving in a manner befitting a role model? if you are then you've got some intelligence issues.

Haha, youre telling me that GNR, or any of your favorite bands, acted in a manner befitting for a role model? 

Theyre entertainers...they make a living by entertaining people - little kids are not their responsibility.

charles barkley has a great perspective on this issue.

Ah, referencing a black man with a shared opinion to prove that youre not a racist...How...predictable. 

Look, this has gotten completely off-topic.  Id only suggest that you mental giants save you "nigger" bashing for the appropriate forum.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: