Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:38:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  watchin the vma's im confident axl will be an even bigger star than his prime!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: watchin the vma's im confident axl will be an even bigger star than his prime!  (Read 49076 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« on: August 29, 2004, 08:43:50 PM »

i am horrified watching this shit!!!!  Hoobastank??? are u  kiddin me? that dude had to be the worst live singer i have ever heard in my life! im sick of studio magic!

anyhow, the reason axl will be an even bigger star after chinese democracy is released is simply cause there is no competition.

Axl had alot of incredible front men and rock stars to compete against in GNR's prime and still seperated himself from a very impressive list of frontmen.

Who could possibly compete with axl now? when kids, who are use to this shit music and frat boy pretty goofy dude frontmen sees a maniacal crazed,screeching, bad ass W. Axl Rose they are gonna piss their pants!

If axl gets his act together, releases a kick ass Chinese Democracy,gets rid of the rust from limited performing he will have a second coming that will be as big as his heyday!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 08:57:39 PM »

i am horrified watching this shit!!!!? Hoobastank??? are u? kiddin me? that dude had to be the worst live singer i have ever heard in my life! im sick of studio magic!

anyhow, the reason axl will be an even bigger star after chinese democracy is released is simply cause there is no competition.

Axl had alot of incredible front men and rock stars to compete against in GNR's prime and still seperated himself from a very impressive list of frontmen.

Who could possibly compete with axl now? when kids, who are use to this shit music and frat boy pretty goofy dude frontmen sees a maniacal crazed,screeching, bad ass W. Axl Rose they are gonna piss their pants!

If axl gets his act together, releases a kick ass Chinese Democracy,gets rid of the rust from limited performing he will have a second coming that will be as big as his heyday!

D'you know what? I was gonna post the same. I won't say much cause it's almost 3 am and gotta get up early, but I was watching the vmas and that 3 little medley rock act sucked ass.

Man, those 3 bands can't play. I could even put a better show...

What in the world has happened to rock music??? or even music in general?

tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2004, 09:00:32 PM »

I have the same exact feeling. I was fucking cringing when I was listening to Hoobastank, I was eating Chunky soup and I started choking on my fuckin sirloin steak pieces when I heard that guy sing.

God Axl, we need u to release this album really bad and kill all this shitty ass noise that these people call music.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2004, 09:01:42 PM »

THE MUSIC INDUSTRY NEEDS AXL ROSE. THE MUSIC INDUSTRY NEEDS A ROCKSTAR.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2004, 09:04:49 PM »

I know exactly what you mean dude. These so called 'rock acts' sucked severely. (except for Jet, they were quite good) The singer from Hoobastank was especially horrific. I mean nothin' stands out in this show, maybe Kanye West. (btw they played Slither as background music) This is so bad, so down the gutter. If an unbraided full leather Axl performed in this show he would kick everyone's ass. I mean, can you imagine, Queen doing We Will Rock You with Axl wearing his white leather jacket while singing with his power-rasp voice at the VMAs? He would blow everyone away.

Man this year's VMAs are depressing, atleast I liked some of the 03' VMAs, but this is.... nervous You could see it in Kurt Loder's face, we need 'something' dangerous, unique, and powerful. Where the fuck is W. Axl Rose?
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2004, 09:09:10 PM »

goddamn it that fucker from hoobastank almost made me put my foot through the TV. Would Axl please release the damn album.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2004, 09:10:37 PM »

Man this year's VMAs are depressing, atleast I liked some of the 03' VMAs, but this is....? You could see it in Kurt Loder's face
Kurt Loder is a great guy but he seemed unhappy on MTV now because he knows? his company sucks now. I mean MTV used to be so great, there was a spirit, they were great back in the days, they played great music and were more professional, but know this is just a marketing company WITHOUT PASSION FOR THEIR JOB.
MTV should move on, I don't recognize what was my favouriste music chanel back in the days. It sucks now!

Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2004, 09:14:08 PM »

All of what has been said is true but sadly MTV won't ever play guns because the only shows that play music video's are those like TRL and whatnot and Guns just doesn't fit the format. They will get their share of play on MTV2, but the music industry is ruled by MTV and Kiss FM and they only play the same set of shitty bands. Sadly GNR won't touch either forum and it will limit the amount of major exposure they get. It isn't 1991 anymore and MTV doesn't play music by real bands.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2004, 09:16:18 PM »

in the early 90's I used to see Guns n' Roses videoclips every day on MTV.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2004, 09:16:19 PM »

I couldn`t agree more. The VMA`s in 2004 are awful. They squeezed 3 rock bands into one time slot. Jet was pretty good, but Hoobastank and whoever the 3rd band was suck live.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2004, 09:17:50 PM »

i use to want GNR to be on MTV but honestly i hope they dont fit that image! im actually very happy VR arent on the VMA's.

Can music really be this horrible these days?  the worst hair metal band in the late 80's was still better than any of the bands on mtv now! holy fuck!!!!!!!!!

so does anyone agree with my "Axl will be an even bigger rock star than before comment?"

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2004, 09:18:22 PM »

It has been just over 3 months since we last heard from Mr. Axl Rose since buckethead left but there is still huge interest in what the red head is doing and his long awaited album. Nothing official has come from the Gn?r camp in ages and their official web page still looks the same as it did after the aborted tour in December 2002. What we have gotten is rumors of Axl going ?nuts?, Axl playing a few new songs at some club, a new song being leaked on a radio show that no one heard and now new tour rumors and maybe a light at the end of the tunnel. These rumors being good or bad does not really matter, it just adds to the legend of Axl Rose and keeps his name in the media to keep people interested, just when you don?t think you will hear anything about Axl some weird rumor always seems to pops up.

Like him or not, Axl Rose is one interesting person and most often he is misunderstood. Some people like to think of Axl as an asshole, but that is just because Axl likes to keep to himself and he likes his privacy. Axl does not crave attention or look to make headlines, he does that with out even trying and sometimes I think that embarrasses him. I know a lot of Gn?r fans get p!ssed off at Axl because he has not been telling us his every move or what his plans are but I think that is a good thing. Axl seems to get himself in trouble every time he tells us about a possible tour, a possible release date or anything else for that matter. When Axl has told us about tentative tours or release dates and then those things fall through or dates pass by people bash him because they didn?t happen, that is why I think Axl doesn?t want to say anything until he is 100% positive it is going to happen. That is why I don?t think will hear from Axl until he knows the album is 100% done and the release date is set in stone. I don?t think Axl likes to disappoint his fans and this is his best way of getting our hopes up for the release of this album. Another thing fans need to keep in mind is that Axl wants to make the best possible he can, and he does not care how long it takes, this album will be his legacy. This album will make or break his career since it is his first album with out the old band.

A lot of old Gn?r fans like to think the new songs we have heard so far are not as good as the old bands songs, but that is not the important question. The important question is, are the new songs as good or better than the current mainstream songs on the radio today? And IMO the answer to that is YES. I think Madagascar, the Blues and Chinese Democracy are just as good if not better than a lot of the music on the radio right now, and those songs are not even the ?big guns? that Axl has in store for us.

If Axl does things correctly I think 2005 could be his year. He has a set of amazing players backing him up and they have all worked very hard on this album. The few people that have heard the album have all said how great or amazing the songs are, so I think if CD is promoted the way it should be it could be the best album of 2005. Axl and his new Gn?r could also be on top of the music world again. Just look at a few years ago the mtv mva?s. They got a huge pop and people were going ape sh!t. The U.S. tour was not as bad as some naysayers would have you believe. The U.S. tour did pretty damn well considering there was almost no promotion for it and no new album in sight. Just think of how the tour would do with the band having a hit single on the radio, the album being released, a possible video on mtv and proper promotion for the tour. I think it could be huge. All Axl has to do is release the album and let it speak for itself. Axl has to understand he can?t please everyone. Yes Axl will lose some of the old fans with the new band and new sound, but he will also pick up many more fans along the way. As bad as Axl sounded back then he sounded better than the crappy live bands tonight on the VMAs.

It is now time for Axl to take his throne back as the best front man in rock, others have tried but none have even come close to having Axl presence or aura. Axl holds his own destiny and legacy in his own hands. He can either be the huge star he used to be or he can just disappear again. Either way Axl Rose will always be one of music great mysteries. He had it all in the 90s and he can have it all again if he wants to, he just has to release the album and everything will fall into place.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2004, 10:17:08 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2004, 09:18:29 PM »

All of what has been said is true but sadly MTV won't ever play guns because the only shows that play music video's are those like TRL and whatnot and Guns just doesn't fit the format. They will get their share of play on MTV2, but the music industry is ruled by MTV and Kiss FM and they only play the same set of shitty bands. Sadly GNR won't touch either forum and it will limit the amount of major exposure they get. It isn't 1991 anymore and MTV doesn't play music by real bands.

Actually, I think that GN'R will be one of the only bands that MTV will play. I mean for someone who hadnt done anything for nearly 10 years, they were really enthusiastic about getting them to play for the VMA's in 2002, just look at the uncensored. I dont know, but MTV seems to be supportive of Axl and his new group. So who knows.....thats just my opinion.
IndiannaRose
VIP

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2004, 09:19:22 PM »

Man this year's VMAs are depressing, atleast I liked some of the 03' VMAs, but this is....? You could see it in Kurt Loder's face
Kurt Loder is a great guy but he seemed unhappy on MTV now because he knows? his company sucks now. I mean MTV used to be so great, there was a spirit, they were great back in the days, they played great music and were more professional, but know this is just a marketing company WITHOUT PASSION FOR THEIR JOB.
MTV should move on, I don't recognize what was my favouriste music chanel back in the days. It sucks now!
I totally feel that. Where is the passion for music? Where is the passion to push the envelope? Where is this generation's musical revolution. There is no Appetite For Destruction, no Nevermind, no Black album (Metallica); there is nothing. Where is the desire to put someone out there that has the grasp and urge to suck these creative juices out of people's spirit. Kurt Loder seemed bored, and unimpressed. You could really see it in his eyes that he wished he was in the 1992 VMAs. W. Axl Rose has to release Chinese Democracy, for my generation. (I'm 14 btw) For all of us, this shit has gone on for too long and since about 1996 it has only gone downhill. We need a rockstar, we need a rockband, we need music revolution.

God damn Axl Rose, get down with it, "do it for the kids."

drool
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2004, 09:19:26 PM »

Yeah, the musical climate is piss-poor. Rock has become non-existent, with these generic emo/pop/light-rock angst ridden teens, not to mention the over-abundance of thie R&B/hip-hop shit. When Axl comes back with a kickass album and band, the world will easily be his for the taking.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2004, 09:20:21 PM »

The reason GNR closed the 2002 VMA's is because they were a novelty act at the point. Nothing more, nothing less. They would not have been lusting after them had they not disappeared. They came back, nothing happend after, and all is back to normal.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2004, 09:22:12 PM »

i use to want GNR to be on MTV but honestly i hope they dont fit that image! im actually very happy VR arent on the VMA's.

Can music really be this horrible these days?  the worst hair metal band in the late 80's was still better than any of the bands on mtv now! holy fuck!!!!!!!!!

so does anyone agree with my "Axl will be an even bigger rock star than before comment?"

Here's a better question will the music industry LET AXL be big again...will they give him the promotion, the tv time, the radio play?Or has the music industry become so used to feeding us its premade cookie cutter stars that it no longer takes chances? FUCK MTV! rant

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2004, 09:22:59 PM »

Like Dave Chappelle just said "Is there anything you guys don't like?" They're all a bunch of brainwashed monkeys. Once Chinese Democracy sells, GNR will be a hit on MTV. Thats the reason they were all over MTV before: Because they sell millions of albums. That's why MTV wanted them for the 2002 VMAs: Because they're the only rock band who never went out with a huge commercial disappointment. If The Spaghetti Incident? had come out in 1996, I'm sure it would've sold about 3/4th as many copies (I love the album but I can see why about 1/10th of GNR's audience bought it), and MTV probably wouldn't have cared whether or not Axl wanted to ever show up on their network again.
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2004, 09:24:11 PM »

I have the same exact feeling. I was fucking cringing when I was listening to Hoobastank, I was eating Chunky soup and I started choking on my fuckin sirloin steak pieces when I heard that guy sing.

God Axl, we need u to release this album really bad and kill all this shitty ass noise that these people call music.

dude.. if axl made another surprise comeback right now and screamed out "NOVEMBER MOTHER FUCKERS" wouldnt that make you choke on your steak too?  hihi

and everything said IS very very true.. my head hurts and my stomach is queasy listening to and watching all this crap.. Jet has to be the best thing on so far..   confused

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
IndiannaRose
VIP

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2004, 09:24:34 PM »

Actually MTV has said that they will open up a slot for Guns N' Roses/Axl Rose at any time. They want Guns N' Roses, they want Axl Rose. They gave this message out very strongly on the "VMAs Uncensored" show. All Axl has to do is call up MTV and say he wants to perform We Will Rock you with Queen (you get the drift), they will do it, they will take Hoobastank or any band of that type off an' put on GN'R/Axl instead, but damn, the red-head legend has other things up his mind.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: