Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:50:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  watchin the vma's im confident axl will be an even bigger star than his prime!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Down Print
Author Topic: watchin the vma's im confident axl will be an even bigger star than his prime!  (Read 49376 times)
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2004, 03:16:28 AM »

I'm just glad VR wasnt on the Show did anyone else notice how they are more and more each year making their VMA's into just a 3 hour long TRL epsisode? With girls screaming for ANYTHING......  Chappelle could of asked if anyone liked Hitler and the audience would of went whild. I want a organized, civilized awards show, comething classy, not TRL 3 hours and 20 minutes.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #121 on: August 30, 2004, 05:20:39 AM »

Eminem is ok but he s probably the only one to have something interesting in rap music. I think he is a real artist, even if he plays rap, he is a real artist in his way.? And he is charismatic. lots of people have compared him to Axl Rose even if GN'R sold twice more records back in the days than Eminem today. But at least, he has talent.
HOWEVER 99 % of the rest of rap music is SUPERFICIAL (VMA 2004 yesterday). It's just some "yahyah" and "oh oh" without talent and that's it! where is the creativity? it sucks!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 05:24:42 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2004, 07:39:36 AM »

I hope you're done discussing the racist issue.

I've said it before, this isn't some "whites only" message board. Think about it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #123 on: August 30, 2004, 05:31:21 PM »

I hope you're done discussing the racist issue.

I've said it before, this isn't some "whites only" message board. Think about it.

/jarmo

I didnt mean Hitler in a racist stint. I mean the way the fans were chearing Dave CHappelle could of asked how many fans of Charles Manson are in the house, and the fans would of cheered just as loud. Its the same way on TRL now. Its more screaming then anything.

The show seemed very unorganised, a few times throughout the night you could barely hear what they were saying through the microphone.  Look at the VMA 2002 The Puff Daddy performance was great and one of a kind, the GnR surprize was great also. This year they really didnt have great stage shows for the fans. It just seemed like the mosh pit cheering for everything was the entertainment. If you were to just watch the show from 2 years ago to this years you will see how unorganized the show has become and went from a classy event to a TRL/Fox Teen Awards Show.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #124 on: August 30, 2004, 07:25:44 PM »

We need Axl back I just haven't discovered a good band lately a new band it just crap now

EEEERRRR Little boy
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #125 on: August 30, 2004, 09:32:22 PM »

Damn this thread has become popular!! Last night I posted the second and now it's 7 pages long.

It's pointeless to make a comment about the direction this thread has taken. Music and GNR has brought us to this communitiy to begin with, there's no point to discuss any racism related issue in the GNR section.

Truth is, music industry has taken a route which I'm not too happy with. Last night, when watching the vma's, I felt totally clueless, out of place. We all think Axl Rose will bring rock and roll back and will regain his priviledge spot in mainstream, but I have realized, that maybe, not even the best Axl or the best GNR have a slight chance with today's current music trends.
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2004, 08:15:36 PM »

Thank god I didn't watch that crap!!!, but I know That todays music doesnt amaze me at all cause I still listening to my Innuendo, UYI 1 & 2, Fear of The Dark, Retroactive and still like them better than anything new today.  yes

No man can be my equal
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: