Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:21:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Eminem
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Eminem  (Read 84348 times)
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #260 on: July 02, 2010, 03:17:03 PM »

might have to check this out
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #261 on: July 02, 2010, 08:51:09 PM »

i like it alot too. his rhymes in "won't back down" are awesome and "love the way you lie" is the first song with rihanna in it that i actually like.

he even disses his past two albums in a couple songs lol

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #262 on: July 03, 2010, 07:07:07 PM »

I will now go out and buy this CD.been listening and HOly Fuck! Right there with Marshall Mathers LP.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
badapple81
« Reply #263 on: July 03, 2010, 10:50:24 PM »

I've been doing some travelling and didn't even know this guy had a new album out. I've been hearing new songs of his around the place tho.

Fuck, you guys have made me begin an instant downloa.. er.. purchase of this one!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #264 on: July 04, 2010, 04:02:20 AM »

Skip bro how have u been? Long time no talk buddy!

Yeah its an amazing album!

I don't skip a song on it

faves though are "Cold Wind Blows" "Going Through Changes" and "Seduction" No Love is maybe the greatest Eminem song EVER WOW he goes off on this

Em has 6 of the top 100 songs on the Billboard 100! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 06:11:49 AM by D » Logged

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #265 on: July 07, 2010, 12:29:49 AM »

No Love is an AWESOME song.  I'm also really into Space Bound & Talkin' To Myself.  There's a few songs that I'm just not getting into, but the more I listen to this CD, the more I like it. 
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #266 on: July 07, 2010, 01:17:49 AM »

Oh hell yeah Space Bound is absolutely gorgeous!!

its now my fave song on the CD with No Love and the ones I mentioned.

Chief
Legend

« Reply #267 on: October 25, 2011, 10:42:56 PM »

Great new interview i just read -
http://www.gq.com/entertainment/music/201111/survivors-music-portfolio-eminem-rap

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Judas Fuckin Priest
Headliner

« Reply #268 on: April 10, 2012, 05:30:58 PM »

Bullshit!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #269 on: April 14, 2012, 09:42:56 PM »

If you don't stop changing subjects of the threads you post in, I will have to do something about it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
3STRANG3D
Headliner

Nothing UnReal Just human

« Reply #270 on: April 18, 2012, 01:32:19 PM »

Ok Jarmo, I wasnt aware. Relax

Emin3m has had BEEF with a lot of people from time to time; infact its a really, really, really long list! He must have got somekind of a magnet I suppose. Now who could ever possibly even imagine such thing in the rap scene among rappers! I read on the internet that he is not into dominatrix (neither Matrix) but there is so much been said, its hardly for anyone to know really, except himself. (I do mean RELLY. Not O'Relly show, just, relly.) Damn, some people need to stop taking so much E................  !   

Great song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hqj3tSVsWO4&feature=related

" So he just tortures himself, he has no fortune and wealth so he extorts someone else to get his dough "

I hope he will STOP collaborating with Dre on the next release & continue just as solo artist.  yes  Peace & Richard F- Cheese. yes

ok

"There goes mama, spwashin in the wa-ta! no more fightin wit dad! no more restraining order! no more step-da-da! no more new brother! blow her kisses bye-bye! Say mommy you love her! " Eminem BITCH!!!
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #271 on: November 18, 2016, 08:30:29 AM »

anyone else noted is "Appetite for destruction there's no suppressant for" in his Campaign Speech's track?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvqYabGI6HQ

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #272 on: March 31, 2017, 10:18:15 AM »

Just because we skipped over a few years of Eminem want to make sure everyone has heard Rap God.  Probably my favorite Eminem song ever.  His talent shines through on this one, moreso than any other songs in my opinion.  I believe it still currently holds the Guinness Book of World Records record for most words in a song.  Was just revisiting his catalogue and forgot how good this one was. 

https://youtu.be/XbGs_qK2PQA
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #273 on: March 31, 2017, 10:41:23 AM »

Em himself provided a couple of annotations to Rap God on Rap Genius...

https://genius.com/2312022

"The hook was the first phrase I thought of when I heard the track. I thought ?Okay, this has something to it and might be catchy but ? I?m a ?rap god?? Why? If I?m going to say that, I need to validate that.?

I don?t want to say it?s the crutch, exactly, but the theme of the whole song is: this is the only thing I know how to do. I don?t know how to do anything else, aside from play a little bit of basketball. Except if the Lions called me. I?m down to be receiver or something, or a running back. I?d be good for that."

I don?t ever want to be too braggadocious. If I?m going to brag, let me pull it back with lines like ?school flunky, pill junkie.? I?m a fucking waste of life. I?m a waste of sperm. I am a fucking outcast of society, I am a piece of shit. But I know how to rap. Other than that, I?m a fucking scumbag. I?m worthless. Or this is what I?ve been told.
WAR41
VIP

I must admit life is trite but that's all right

« Reply #274 on: March 31, 2017, 01:45:19 PM »

Em himself provided a couple of annotations to Rap God on Rap Genius...

https://genius.com/2312022

"The hook was the first phrase I thought of when I heard the track. I thought ?Okay, this has something to it and might be catchy but ? I?m a ?rap god?? Why? If I?m going to say that, I need to validate that.?

I don?t want to say it?s the crutch, exactly, but the theme of the whole song is: this is the only thing I know how to do. I don?t know how to do anything else, aside from play a little bit of basketball. Except if the Lions called me. I?m down to be receiver or something, or a running back. I?d be good for that."

I don?t ever want to be too braggadocious. If I?m going to brag, let me pull it back with lines like ?school flunky, pill junkie.? I?m a fucking waste of life. I?m a waste of sperm. I am a fucking outcast of society, I am a piece of shit. But I know how to rap. Other than that, I?m a fucking scumbag. I?m worthless. Or this is what I?ve been told.

Wow I love those quotes.  Makes me appreciate the song even more.  I like Eminem, have never been a megafan or anything like that, but when I heard Rap God for the first time I really REALLY realized how good he is. 

I was one of those who back in the early 2000's said that Eminem was the Axl Rose of that time.  I still think he is.  If I had to equate Rap God to a GNR song I'd say this is Eminem's 'Estranged'.  Its that good and that impactful. 
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: