Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:47:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  smokers vs non-smokers
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: smokers vs non-smokers  (Read 39544 times)
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #160 on: April 18, 2006, 08:09:11 AM »

I'm a NY smoker as well... and I don't mind going outside for the most part, but I still think it should be up to the owners of each establishment whether or not to allow smoking. Especially in bars. There should be a few that still allow it... it's just part of the bar-atmosphere to me. Non-smokers wouldn't have to go there if they don't want to, but I think smokers should still have a few public places to go were they can partake in this agreeably unhealthy, yet ultimately legal activity.

I'm a considerate person. I won't light a cig around someone without asking if we're indoors and I abide by the rules and don't smoke in areas where I'm not allowed. I really try not to bother anyone - and that's what kills me about these righteous non-smokers that fling around insults and make a big to-do about a person's personal choice to smoke. I've gotten shit from people while outside smoking for christ's sake! These people need to get off their high horses.

People need to be respectful of eachother on both sides of the fence here.

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
badapple81
« Reply #161 on: April 18, 2006, 08:24:14 AM »

I understand your view but I think you would do it tough to find a bar that would make themselves non smoking, particulary if there are others that allow smoking, they would just miss out on those extra profits.

On another note, isn't it funny how there is this push and trend in many countires/states to ban smoking yet the same states and countries contemplate legalising weed  Undecided
JennaSide
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #162 on: April 18, 2006, 08:52:44 AM »

I think a non-smoking bar would pull in more than a few of these non-smokers. It seems like there are more and more of them everywhere - I think it would be just as profitable.

and yes, very hypocritical with the weed thing, isn't it?  Huh

I'm the luckiest girl alive.
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #163 on: April 18, 2006, 10:32:36 AM »

I understand your view but I think you would do it tough to find a bar that would make themselves non smoking, particulary if there are others that allow smoking, they would just miss out on those extra profits.

I don't think so... I think bars that don't allow smoking would bring in more people who wouldn't go to bars before because of the smoking.  I know that bars here in this province have seen an increase in profits since the smoking ban has hit.

GNRevolution... the missing link.
Chelle
VIP

~Crazy Bitch~

« Reply #164 on: April 18, 2006, 12:20:38 PM »

I don't think so... I think bars that don't allow smoking would bring in more people who wouldn't go to bars before because of the smoking.? I know that bars here in this province have seen an increase in profits since the smoking ban has hit.

Really?? I would go.? I love the smell of smoke on someone, but I can't stand to be sitting at a bar with some jerk blowing it right in my face, which happens pretty often.? ?Undecided

"She was queen for about an hour...? after that, shit got sour... She took all I ever had.? No sign of guilt.? No feeling of bad, no..."
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #165 on: April 18, 2006, 01:30:15 PM »

Okay then I wanna work in a sewer. And discover sewage that no-one's ever discovered! And pile it on my head, then come to the surface and sell myself to a modern art gallery! And he said, 'What the hell have you been smoking?
You certainly haven't been smoking in a bar in California, that's for sure...'
Because you can't! No smoking, and pretty soon no drinking and no talking.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2006, 01:32:13 PM by Jim » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
MCT
« Reply #166 on: April 18, 2006, 01:37:10 PM »

I know that bars here in this province have seen an increase in profits since the smoking ban has hit.

What's that slogan they got on the go now?
Backslash
\
VIP

Use Your Allusion

« Reply #167 on: April 18, 2006, 01:38:41 PM »

the big thing here now is VLTs. haha

GNRevolution... the missing link.
MCT
« Reply #168 on: April 18, 2006, 01:45:04 PM »

Yeah, the VLT's are getting cut back. It's now Single Diamond, Single Bonus and Red Hot Seven.
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #169 on: April 20, 2006, 01:59:59 PM »

I don't think so... I think bars that don't allow smoking would bring in more people who wouldn't go to bars before because of the smoking.? I know that bars here in this province have seen an increase in profits since the smoking ban has hit.

Really?? I would go.? I love the smell of smoke on someone, but I can't stand to be sitting at a bar with some jerk blowing it right in my face, which happens pretty often.? ?Undecided

Loves the smell of smoke eh..? Embarrassed Kiss

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #170 on: April 21, 2006, 10:01:10 AM »

LOL

BS thats such crap...... the VLTs "cash cow" for Danny, is suffering bigtime because of the ban, alot of bars on George are getting hit hard by the ban with lower turnout..... NL is a small market, and it will take years for the profit turn around to actualy be seen.

I know for a fact that out home and well anywhere outside the Capital region is having a very rough go of the ban. ALOT less patrons nad not the expected turn out for non-smokers. In SJ if you removed MUN from the equation thats 12k students..... youd be hurting big time @ clubs like etomik, peddlers, Konfusion..... etc. The ones that are still staying above water are teh ones that have a select clientel, and had them before the ban..... where else are they to go? stay home? no... lol

I have alot of friend s that bounce DT and they keep telling me the same stories... one good night a weekend.... never two like before, or more....

now ill say this as well.... there was a rather large decline in club goers from '00 - '05, simply because the bars sayed exactly the same for 20yrs..... its the reason why Etomik took off, same with Liquid, and Konfusion..... however Konfusion is on a huge slide as of now..... but it will rebound in the next while......

The bar industry is somethign that you have t sin money into to be a leader and be full.... you have to change the chemiestry of the bar before the patron look for the new fix......thats the sign of a good bar.

Take the VIP over peddlers...... thats a rough spot on people...... ive seen far too many good loking nice girls get asked to leave or not let in because they were not slutty enough...... Come the fuck on..... I remember one night in particular that i was there and i never even had to pay cover..... i went pissed and came back and this bouncer was told to toss this chick i was talking to.... i was amazed..... told her to stay... but she was so nice about t.... and then there are huge bitches that get in al the time...... Well illoked at the bouncer and asked him why... he said he was told to and didnt agree with it either.... so i got him to ge tthe manager or whoever was that told him to toss her..... and i told the dude that im here with 15 guys all having a good time.... (about 20% of the ppl there) and were drinking like mad.... we'll walk right now if this girl was tossed.... and never come back..... he stoped looked at me and siad hed be back..... he went and asked how much we were drinking bar chick said we were already pushing $600 in sales.... he came back and said not a prob shes in it was his mistake......

lol

misses was all weird then.... and left within 15 mins.... but still it was the point......

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
AUSTRALIAN_TSUNAMI
« Reply #171 on: April 21, 2006, 10:07:30 AM »

smokers piss me off!~!, give someone else cancer!  rant
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #172 on: April 21, 2006, 10:20:58 AM »

so i stay in the "lane" and dont merge other threads into this.... its not a vip but it is a vip... its weird.... its SJ what can i say?

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: