Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 18, 2024, 03:06:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228077 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will we get leaks soon????
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will we get leaks soon????  (Read 11780 times)
Yesterday
Rocker

"It seems like forever and a day....."

« on: September 02, 2004, 04:08:35 PM »

Again, my opinion only.  From what I can gather, the album is not even finished and gone off to get mixed and the whole process.  Do you think that we will have leaks before it is released?  I actually think at some point it will leak, and possibly really soon if they are that close to be done. 

Time just fades the pages in my book of memories...
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 04:27:52 PM »

Leaks come with promotional releases mostly
Promo comes after the release date
Promos may be sent to record stores, radio stations and geffen/interscope reps
Doubtful if there will be full album promos
Some songs may leak - time will tell

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 04:31:19 PM »

tomorrow  peace

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 04:40:24 PM »

this album will never leak
axl doesnt have cd-r's of rough tracks lying around and he is not going to send out promo copies to radio stations or record stores
if he does, it will just be the first single and maybe sound board versions of maddy, cd and the blues

Also album are usualy sent to stores a month before the release date
with CD i dont see the albums  getting there until a few days before its set to be released
and even then, axl will pull a hurry potter and have every record store sign something saying if u open the box early you can be fined a million dollars per open cd.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 04:44:08 PM »

and even then, axl will pull a hurry potter and have every record store sign something saying if u open the box early you can be fined a million dollars per open cd.

and how would they ever check up on that? 100,000 stores supplied - something leaks, where do u even start to look?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2004, 04:53:26 PM »

tomorrow? peace

Yesterday peace

Naa....I don?t think it'll leak easily.

I have a feeling that we'll have thousands of nice fakes together with a few leaks.
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2004, 04:57:26 PM »

Even if it did leak no one would believe it was GNR anyway
estranged.1098
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2004, 05:13:55 PM »

IRS leaked already  Grin
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2004, 05:46:35 PM »

tomorrow? peace

I would normally agree, but i don't comment on upcomming leaks...

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
nuzreq
Opening Act

women and children first.

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2004, 07:23:17 PM »

Also album are usually sent to stores a month before the release date
with CD i dont see the albums? getting there until a few days before its set to be released

I don't mean to start an argument but most albums aren't sent that far in advanced its usually just a couple of days, there is no real difference between small acts or big acts if an album comes out Tuesday the shipment comes in Monday morning. 

And I really don't understand why everyone here is convinced that the record label or anyone is going to give axl special treatment.? I love the man's work but he is no where near as big as he used to be and not until after this album comes out and proves to everyone that it was a wise decision to drop slash duff matt and izzy will he regain his status as an elite act. And if these people were willing to give out any kind of special hush hush treatment other much bigger acts (i speak of current music sales not the quality of music) would have gotten it and we probably would have heard about it somewhere along the line. 

I really hope this album does well, but seriously i don't think it will....well not at first.? It may be one of those albums, like appetite, that gradually picks up steam.? But i wouldn't go thinking that this album is going to sell a ton in the first couple weeks.?

Back on topic now, will we get leaks?? yeah i think so, when that first single gets released sometime before the album we might get something but prolly nothing more then a b-side or so.....
BucketvsSlash
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2004, 07:24:08 PM »

irs may or may not have been leacked..thats a myth possibly..Virtually nobody has said that they heard it and nothing ever came out of that
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2004, 07:34:31 PM »

Also album are usually sent to stores a month before the release date
with CD i dont see the albums? getting there until a few days before its set to be released

I don't mean to start an argument but most albums aren't sent that far in advanced its usually just a couple of days, there is no real difference between small acts or big acts if an album comes out Tuesday the shipment comes in Monday morning.?

And I really don't understand why everyone here is convinced that the record label or anyone is going to give axl special treatment.? I love the man's work but he is no where near as big as he used to be and not until after this album comes out and proves to everyone that it was a wise decision to drop slash duff matt and izzy will he regain his status as an elite act. And if these people were willing to give out any kind of special hush hush treatment other much bigger acts (i speak of current music sales not the quality of music) would have gotten it and we probably would have heard about it somewhere along the line.?

I really hope this album does well, but seriously i don't think it will....well not at first.? It may be one of those albums, like appetite, that gradually picks up steam.? But i wouldn't go thinking that this album is going to sell a ton in the first couple weeks.?

Back on topic now, will we get leaks?? yeah i think so, when that first single gets released sometime before the album we might get something but prolly nothing more then a b-side or so.....

someone on another board said most albums are in the store out back a month before its release, that is what I was  going on.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2004, 08:10:56 PM »

i'm thinking that even though gnr is not as big as they once were (obviously) this release is still very highly anticapted by a lot of people. i say that it gets leaked about a month before it comes out. there may be some special precautions taken so it doesn't, but because of the anticipation, that will cause those that leak to try even harder and when it comes down to it, they win most of the time.
nuzreq
Opening Act

women and children first.

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2004, 09:00:21 PM »

I am in no ways an authority on the topic as things might be different in different places, but while i worked for Record Town (now known as FYE)  we usually got things in the day before or maybe on rare occasions the weekend before. 

i'm thinking that even though gnr is not as big as they once were (obviously) this release is still very highly anticapted by a lot of people.

I think most GnR fans have a flawed view of this albums "importance" to the music industry. We would all like to believe that this album is anticipated by eveyone because thats what we believe and it's hard to accept that what we like isn't the majority view. The market that buys the majority of new albums have their own thoughts on what is "good" and what is "bad" and sadly i don't think GnR is as important to them as it was to us when we were younger. 

Now i don't have specific stats to back that up, but i am sure if you look around you could find that most cd sales come from the 13-24 age bracket.  The music industry isn't anywhere near the same as it was back during the GNR hayday, with the emergance of rap as a wildly popular genre that appeals to not only the black community but the young white community, that again lowers the amount of new younger fans from buying a cd from band thats been relatively hidden for 10 years.   GNR doesn't seem to fit into what this generation buys, i could be wrong though, maybe axl will have a crossover hit that not only finds an audience with the older gnr fans but with young black and white kids as well. 
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2004, 09:21:06 PM »

The GHs seemed to sell pretty well, so i could see CD selling just under a million copies in the first week. (maybe 750,000)

smeagol2124
Rocker

I will not go quietly

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2004, 09:45:18 PM »

It will be on IRC and in the Usenet groups 2-3 weeks prior to release, just like everything else.  I am SOOOO sick of these bullshit superman/mission impossible stories on how this won't leak.  Fucking Star wars and Lord of the rings were leaked a week prior to their release.  I love GNR with all my heart, but George Lucas and Lucasfilm pass gas that has more importance then GNR does at the moment.  The album will probably ship 1 million US the first week, and sell 400-600K.  It also most certainly won't be released in November now, as Eminem (Interscope's meal ticket) is releasing his album November 16th.  You can better believe that they (Universal -parent company that signs the promotion checks) won't have two major releases within 2-4 weeks of each other, so you can do the math and try to figure out a release date.  Sorry to get off topic a bit, but yes this album will be leaked.  Hasn't been 1 album yet that hasen't 
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2004, 09:50:36 PM »

It will be on IRC and in the Usenet groups 2-3 weeks prior to release, just like everything else.? I am SOOOO sick of these bullshit superman/mission impossible stories on how this won't leak.? Fucking Star wars and Lord of the rings were leaked a week prior to their release.? I love GNR with all my heart, but George Lucas and Lucasfilm pass gas that has more importance then GNR does at the moment.? The album will probably ship 1 million US the first week, and sell 400-600K.? It also most certainly won't be released in November now, as Eminem (Interscope's meal ticket) is releasing his album November 16th.? You can better believe that they (Universal -parent company that signs the promotion checks) won't have two major releases within 2-4 weeks of each other, so you can do the math and try to figure out a release date.? Sorry to get off topic a bit, but yes this album will be leaked.? Hasn't been 1 album yet that hasen't?

IT wont leak, you can count on it.

The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2004, 10:13:10 PM »

just a question.. what do the people who leak it to the public get out of this?

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2004, 11:19:51 PM »

The GHs seemed to sell pretty well, so i could see CD selling just under a million copies in the first week. (maybe 750,000)

Gh's took many weeks to reach a million. I dont think CD which is highly anticipated can push that many cd's in one week. I think I would be shocked it it sold GOLD or 500,000 in its first week.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2004, 12:21:43 AM »

Greatest hits also sold for under 10 bucks.....unless C.D sells for under 10 bucks I don't see it pushing anywhere over 500,000 copies. GH sold so well because it was cheap as hell and a fringe fan will buy it at the under 10 bucks considering it has all the hits. Those using that cd as a litmus for how CD will sell also need to take into account that the band that sold all the GH albums no longer exists. The GH shows more than anything the interest in the GNR people remember, and is not an endorsement of the new band. There will be interest, but not over half a million.

Also, once it ships it will leak. Every album in the history of the world has leaked once it leaves the studio. Once there is a million copies flying around after it has been pressed, one is bound to get out. It hasn't leaked yet cuz it hasn't left the studio...once it does it will be fair game for the hackers of the world. They ALWAYS find a way and there has never been an exception. Anticipation and protection or not, this will be no different.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: