Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:53:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227811 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GNN - GN'R News Network
| | |-+  Tommy Stinson: 'Chinese Democracy' Is Closer To Being Done Than Ever Before
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy Stinson: 'Chinese Democracy' Is Closer To Being Done Than Ever Before  (Read 15049 times)
GnrPersia
Opening Act

« on: September 03, 2004, 06:48:31 AM »

Sep. 2, 2004: GUNS N' ROSES Bassist: 'Chinese Democracy' Is Closer To Being Done Than Ever Before

GUNS N' ROSES bassist Tommy Stinson has told the Rocky Mountain News that the
 group's long-delayed, well-over-budget album, "Chinese Democracy", is almost out.

"I'll probably be touring [my solo] record up till the end of the year," he said. "Then
I'm thinking the GNR record will be coming out real soon after that. Then I'll be touring
behind that record. I'm anticipating being on the road for the next year and a half, two years."

According to Stinson, "Chinese Democracy" "is almost done. Closer than it has ever been, for certain.
I went and listened to some of the songs before I left L.A. to make sure my two cents were thrown in, so to speak.
I was pretty stoked about it. I heard some really, really great stuff that I hadn't heard in a long time."

Stinson is currently touring in support of his solo debut, "Village Gorilla Head", which was released in July
 through Sanctuary Records.

The founding REPLACEMENTS member recorded the material for the set in a Los Angeles studio owned by
Charles Thompson (a.k.a. Frank Black) with contributions from A PERFECT CIRCLE drummer Josh Freese, his
 brother Jason Freese on saxophone, CATHOLICS guitarist Dave Philips, and GNR guitarist Richard Fortus and
keyboardist Dizzy Reed.

Source : BlabberMouth
« Last Edit: September 03, 2004, 06:59:32 AM by GnrPersia » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 09:34:27 AM »

One interview he tells youhe knows nothing because he's out of the loop, then mentions the cnn ticker tape he'll be the last to know, but now he knows the album is coming out...

Bottom line is he's touring, and at each show he will be approached by writers trying to get a story and his answers will be simliar each time...

Wait for axl, it's obvious only he knows, tommy has been saying this with dizzy for ages already
GnrPersia
Opening Act

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 01:56:48 PM »

One interview he tells youhe knows nothing because he's out of the loop, then mentions the cnn ticker tape he'll be the last to know, but now he knows the album is coming out...

Bottom line is he's touring, and at each show he will be approached by writers trying to get a story and his answers will be simliar each time...

Wait for axl, it's obvious only he knows, tommy has been saying this with dizzy for ages already

Well you really think axl is a better source? Remember his RIR IV statement where he said "Hope to set a release date very soon in upcoming near months"
Jaded
Rocker

Going 'straight' will get you nowhere

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 04:27:44 PM »

YES AXL, WE'RE FED UP OF WAITING TOO!!
But all we need if just a little patience...

It's evolution, baby!
Buckethead Superstar
Headliner

No, I wont be told anymore

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 04:47:17 PM »

so much patience

release the album...nuff said
GnrPersia
Opening Act

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2004, 05:09:55 PM »

n' just a lot of patience yeah... just a lot of patience yeeaah...
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2004, 08:36:12 PM »

To be a GNR fan in 2004, you have to have a LOT of patience.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
GnrPersia
Opening Act

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2004, 02:20:00 PM »

That's Right!  ok
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2004, 06:53:16 PM »

Believe me it felt the same in 1994 hihi
metalhead666
Headliner

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2004, 03:30:02 AM »

I'll believe it when i see it.

"If there was a new way I'd be the 1st in line, but it'd better work this time."
metalhead666
Headliner

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2004, 03:31:16 AM »

This ain't gn'r so therefore it shouldn't be called that!!!

"If there was a new way I'd be the 1st in line, but it'd better work this time."
girlincarwithgnr
Headliner

genius loci, ingenius=Axl fuckin Rose!

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2004, 07:59:41 AM »

This ain't gn'r so therefore it shouldn't be called that!!!

I just call them.. Axl Rose  yes

Sometimes I wanna kill
Sometimes I wanna die
Sometimes I wanna destroy
Sometimes I wanna cry
Sometimes I culd get even
Sometimes I culd give up
Sometimes I culd give
Sometimes I nevr give a fuck
metalhead666
Headliner

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2004, 03:30:19 PM »

Agreed girlincarwithgnr

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2004, 08:03:09 PM »

Well you really think axl is a better source? Remember his RIR IV statement where he said "Hope to set a release date very soon in upcoming near months"
Believe me I know, counted the days, but even he says  it's all up to axl... I like the fact he says things... I've just heard everything, I only want to hear a few things, releaase date, tour dates, first single/// In all honesty I would love to see new gnr go around as a group.. If people outside of forums see this it will look better... I remember as a kid around 11 during the afd era there were so many pics with the group together, having fun,,,Seemed like a family...Kind of like revolver now

I mis that type of behaviour...

I appreciate everything tommy does for us, I just know he doesn't have the final word, unless he's like new gnr's band rep... I wish I knew how often he chats with axl... We've seen him 0 times in two yrs... I can't wait for all the side projects n tours to be over.. Wink
GnrPersia
Opening Act

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2004, 04:54:05 PM »

Believe me I know, counted the days, but even he says? it's all up to axl... I like the fact he says things... I've just heard everything, I only want to hear a few things, releaase date, tour dates, first single/// In all honesty I would love to see new gnr go around as a group.. If people outside of forums see this it will look better... I remember as a kid around 11 during the afd era there were so many pics with the group together, having fun,,,Seemed like a family...Kind of like revolver now

I mis that type of behaviour...

I appreciate everything tommy does for us, I just know he doesn't have the final word, unless he's like new gnr's band rep... I wish I knew how often he chats with axl... We've seen him 0 times in two yrs... I can't wait for all the side projects n tours to be over.. Wink

that's what I'm waiting for: " A REAL BAND" and it doesn't really matter for me if any ex-member is in the band or no. the new members really can make a band's friendly atmospher. yeah Tommy is one of those people who like to be in connection with his fans and I know he's the only one who can make Axl to comeback on the road again.
metalhead666
Headliner

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2004, 06:51:42 PM »

Just fucking put it out and tour goddammit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2004, 06:55:45 PM »

gnrpersia, i just hope everything goes smooth... Maybe I'm over reacting, but it's just so weird how they're never together... I'm just not used to seeing bands doing so many other things outside of the group without one thing album wise.. I really hope they become close to the fans, and not just some guys trying to further their own careers and just making music for axl..

I'll be honest even thoug they didn't have something to release over the past years I still though I would have seen them more..

I wonder how different things would have been if they played rio?? I'm sure a few new songs would have been played..Wish something would have leaked to keep the buzz... Hopefully the wait is almost over, wish axl would just say anything..
GnrPersia
Opening Act

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2004, 06:21:30 AM »

gnrpersia, i just hope everything goes smooth... Maybe I'm over reacting, but it's just so weird how they're never together... I'm just not used to seeing bands doing so many other things outside of the group without one thing album wise.. I really hope they become close to the fans, and not just some guys trying to further their own careers and just making music for axl..

I'll be honest even thoug they didn't have something to release over the past years I still though I would have seen them more..

I wonder how different things would have been if they played rio?? I'm sure a few new songs would have been played..Wish something would have leaked to keep the buzz... Hopefully the wait is almost over, wish axl would just say anything..

Yes it's a fact that it doesn't look like a band at all -at least 'till the current year- and it's so obvious that every Member of the band seem to be just kind of like working in a project at a Music Industry Office called GN'R managing by Axl. and this is not really what A gnr fan expects from them.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2004, 10:43:09 AM »

When a new band forms with similar objectives the creative juices flow and there is excitememnt amongst the people involved... These types of things when running on all cylinders happens quickly... SOme of the best music ever was done quickly do to great chemistry.. It doesn't mean if you sit there for 6 years the music will be better, sounds more like insecurities...
After hearing axl from 99-2002 everything looked very promising.. I thought soon is not the word just meant some months.. They launched their members to the music world at the aug 2002 vmas, then workjed for a tour from there, which I figured was definetly in support of an upcoming album (2002 cd world tour).. We alol now what happened. lead to another cacelation in march 2002, first time we saw new gnr since dec 5 2002 at msg (great show, loved it)

Ever since then it's been negative to me, rio snubbed, bucket gets the blame for everything and leaves..
WHat began to bother me was we all were waiting for the album, once rio was canned axl mentioned making a statement about the album in a few months (march 30-sept 13) ands just never was seen again.. Then the side projects were everywhere, dizzy, tommy, brain, bucket.. Guys made albums, formed groups, even toured..Everything we've been waiting for with axl n company.. The album wasn't done, but everyone seemed to have more free time then life..

Then to make matters worse to someone anticipating the album tommy says (just like axl did to kurt loder vmas 2002) having all these guys in the band and wanting to have input from all the members takes time, and the gelling process etc.. If that's the case then fine, but don't find the free time to tour, write songs for other bands and release albums while the fans wait for the FIRST studio production which has been in the works since late 90's..

That really bother me, and the fact it seemed destined for release ages ago, and the fact axl never gives the fans an update...That is very unfair, he reserected gnre, brought word of the album to the people, gave reasons why it would take a whil etc.. Just seems like everyone's priorities are everywhere but on the one thing that brough them together..

This is how I feel...
Mygnr_rules
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2004, 08:32:28 AM »

hey mike, whats up

everyones missin ya back at mygnr and you probably already heard but there was quite an argument between us all which lead to many members leaving Sad

i dont understand why so many people on this forum hate mygnr?Huh
why would anybody glorify this when Axl himself hates this forum?Huh

please somebody explain
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: