Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:55:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The Stone Roses?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Stone Roses?  (Read 5080 times)
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« on: September 06, 2004, 05:35:40 AM »

I was wondering what any one thought of The Stone Roses, they started the whole Britpop thing and were big around the same time as GnR. I recently got into them when a mate introduced me to them, I think they're great and would recommend them to anyone!

That's a hatrick for Doull
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 05:43:07 AM »

i dont know em' at all pretty much but when Aussie music T.V. was good in mid 90's i seen afew film clips and i liked em' heeps, are they still around?

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2004, 07:20:25 AM »

i dont know em' at all pretty much but when Aussie music T.V. was good in mid 90's i seen afew film clips and i liked em' heeps, are they still around?
I know very little but from what ive heard in documentaries and stuff they had one great album but never managed to recapture it's greatness, they split and now frontman Ian Brown does solo stuff.  I think that's all correct ok
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 08:37:09 AM »

I know very little but from what ive heard in documentaries and stuff they had one great album but never managed to recapture it's greatness, they split and now frontman Ian Brown does solo stuff.? I think that's all correct ok

Yes, that's correct. The Stone Roses didn't last too much though unfortunately. I have one of their albums, the self titled " the stone roses" it may be on my top 20 list of all time. It trully resembles the underground spirit of the late 80's back in Manchester. This album is highly recommended...songs to download?? " Made of Stone" " Waterfall" " I wanna be adored" " Fools Gold..."

Great band!! ok
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 03:27:57 PM »

I can't stand the Stone Roses.  Their debut album is seriously overrated in England. I do not see the appeal in that album whatsoever. The whole album has the same tone throughout. It's so bland.
BabyJenks
Biker babe
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 10:19:56 PM »

It's been along time since i listened to the couple of CD's that I have, but I really liked them alot at one point.  Still do I suppose, just don't listen to them that much anymore.  I do like them.  ok
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2004, 04:11:49 PM »

Glad to see what you guys think. Thanks, their solo album was considered their best but 'second coming' which was released in 1995(i think) is really good in my opinion but is slated by critics because it did not live up to the hype. Ian Brown does some solo stuff which is pretty good, he was on Jonathon Woss last week playin his new single, keep what u got with noel gallagher, it was pretty good!

SLCPUNK
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2004, 07:19:03 PM »

I got into them in the early 90's. I smoked a lot of pot in those days and they went along great with it.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2004, 12:24:53 PM »

I got into them in the early 90's. I smoked a lot of pot in those days and they went along great with it.

Haha, yea, nfact my bro calls em The Stoned Roses

2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2004, 07:29:49 PM »

they're great. i only wish i was ten years older so i could seen them.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: