Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 07:35:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  SCOTT WEILAND Fumes Over STP Sticker Slight - Sep. 6, 2004
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: SCOTT WEILAND Fumes Over STP Sticker Slight - Sep. 6, 2004  (Read 15023 times)
SisterMorphine
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2004, 07:23:51 AM »

Dude you gotta understand, no matter what they do they're always gonna be known as the guys from GNR.? Slash could shave his hair and Duff could wear a spandex body suit on stage and matt could continue to be the poster boy for the Gap 40+ store.? They can never shed their past of GNR.? I think it's best for them to continue playing a GNR and STP integrated set and just embrace the fact that the past isn't ever gonna go away.? Look at poor Vanilla Ice...that guy is wacked out beyond compare and there's nothing at all that he can do to ever shed that Ice Ice Baby time in his life.? It's best he just learn to accept it and work with it and move on.? There's no need to throw rock star fits or throw megaphones at people.? The people just want to hold on to what they know and love.? I mean it's not like these guys have a past to be ashamed of.?

Yeah I agree with you! But Scott is turning out to be abit of a pain in the ass isn't he!
They should have tried harder to get Ian Astbury.  hihi
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2004, 04:25:16 PM »

I think he should just accept the fact that the GnR link is their number one asset. What does he want the public to do? Forget the fact that 3 members were in one of the greatest bands of all time? Or does he want the public in Europe to pretend like they give a shit about STP. I don't get it.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2004, 09:14:03 PM »

Hi everyone! this my 1st post on these boards.
I was at the Manchester gig and I have say I was really dissapointed, I was right at the front and it just seemed that the band just wanted to get the gig over as quick as possible. Scott Didn't huff on us or anything infact I think I would have prefered it if he had. All he did was introduce Falll to Pieces and say he had wrote it while he was having a hard time etc.
I dont understand if they no longer want to be known as members from GNR and STP why play GNR and STP songs in there set , why does Slash come on in his top hat? if they really want to make a clean break?
 Tongue

the top hat is SLASH...not GN'R!
Slash left GN'R and took the top hat with him, if the hat is "GN'R"...then why isn't anyone on GN'R using it?

I really don't see the point in arguing about him using the hat, he still has long curly hair too, should he have cut that off? in fact, why is he still playing Les Pauls? or guitar at all? he should have been the drummer for VR! Duff should be the lead singer, Dave should play the bass while Matt and Scott switches to guitar! yeah! yes

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2004, 05:02:06 AM »

I think he should just accept the fact that the GnR link is their number one asset. What does he want the public to do? Forget the fact that 3 members were in one of the greatest bands of all time? Or does he want the public in Europe to pretend like they give a shit about STP. I don't get it.

The sticker said Ex-Gn'R members AND former STP LEAD SINGER. He didn't want any of it on there.

Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: