Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 04:33:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns N Roses Achieve Test of Time?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns N Roses Achieve Test of Time?  (Read 30608 times)
madagas
« Reply #80 on: September 16, 2004, 09:50:21 AM »

Your original lineup is the one that releases your first lp or even an ep. Dave is right, Nirvana's first LP is Bleach-it is a full length record and Grohl  (I believe) is only on one track. Nevermind was their second full length. This thing needs to head to the dead horse section. Grin
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #81 on: September 16, 2004, 09:52:21 AM »

Maybe today G'n'R's music is refreshing, cause now the music scene blows, but back in '91 it was time for a change and Nirvana helped usher it in.  Curt never wanted to become an icon, and yeah their music was simple (thats what was refreshing about it). they always said themselves that they were'nt really talented musicians, AIC guys were the same way. But that's what was so appealing, they seemed normal down to earth kind of people. You coudn't touch Guns or other bands at the time, you couldn't identify because they 'WERE' rock music and they all had the egos to go with it, not just Axl, but the rest of the band, the Black Crowes, Poison, Warrant, Skid row, Tesla, all of them had the high and mighty, "we're better than everyone" attitude. And people just got sick of the bloated juggernaut rock had become. (IMO)  Thats a good point to St.heathen, before Grunge, not many people played guitar, now guitar players are a dime a dozen (I'm a guitar plyer myself). I still fail to see why people think the "One hit Wonders" of today are all because of Nirvana, they had way more than one hit and Curt's "mediocre" singing and writing are way better than almost any band around today. (Again IMO)

But to get back on topic, I don't think Guns have really stood the test of time yet because it hasn't even been one generation since they burst onto the scene. If the our kids start to listen to G'n'R then we can start to say they have withstood the test of time but to say that they already have is a bit premature. Definately Grunge bands have not yet withstood the test of time. Bands from the 70's, yes, they have so far withstood the test of time.

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #82 on: September 16, 2004, 09:54:13 AM »

Your original lineup is the one that releases your first lp or even an ep. Dave is right, Nirvana's first LP is Bleach-it is a full length record and Grohl? (I believe) is only on one track. Nevermind was their second full length. This thing needs to head to the dead horse section. Grin

Madagas,

Bleach didn't make them famous, Nevermind did. But I will agree that this has become a dead horse. ok

ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #83 on: September 16, 2004, 12:42:51 PM »

GnR is the definitive band of the 80s.  When people think 80s rock, they think GnR end of story.  This isn't going to change.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: