Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 05:10:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227784 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  RIP Brian Clough
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: RIP Brian Clough  (Read 9214 times)
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« on: September 20, 2004, 04:01:45 PM »

In case any of you didnt know, Brian Clough passed away today aged 69.
He was fighting a long battle with stomach cancer.

Please leave your messages of condolence in this thread.

Heres mine :-

The greatest Manager never to manage England, The greatest Man never to be Knighted. RIP Sir Brian Clough...We love you Ol Big Ed

He did a lot for the club i love and for football on the whole, hes a legend in his own right and i think my tribute says it all.

I really hope he gets a Post Humous Knighthood as he thoroughly deserves it.

RIP Brian.

You will be missed like the legend you are, condolences go out to the Clough Family.
My thoughts and Prayers are with you all.

Cheers people.

Arron
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2004, 04:13:16 PM »

RIP - he was one of the greats, and he deserved a knighthood

He'll be missed

Quick! To the bandwagon!
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2004, 04:14:57 PM »

RIP - he was one of the greats, and he deserved a knighthood

He'll be missed

He deserved the England job as well.

Chris Misfit
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2004, 04:27:35 PM »

Too late asswipe.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 04:37:07 PM »

Too late asswipe.

Cunthead.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

On behalf of Chris Misfit. RIP Brian Clough.

Chris Misfit
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2004, 04:41:01 PM »

I already posted you nut. See last page.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2004, 04:47:14 PM »

I already posted you nut. See last page.
The man deserves a thread for himself.

Chris Misfit
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2004, 04:56:08 PM »

Oh I didn't realise this was a thread dedicated to Brian. Whoops. Work is killing my brain slowly, very slowly, too slowly.

Kill yourself, you bastard.
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2004, 05:00:05 PM »

Oh I didn't realise this was a thread dedicated to Brian. Whoops. Work is killing my brain slowly, very slowly, too slowly.

Kill yourself, you bastard.

A thread about Brian Clough dying has been killed by an Irishman...!!Typical. rant

Ok..a line has been drawn under the stupidity that is a Braindead Chris Misfit.

Now...only sensible posts about the great man please.

Any memories if you have any, if you met him, talked to him..or were just in his prescence..Please share.

Chris Misfit
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2004, 05:00:44 PM »

How about the time he started beating up the fans. Cheesy
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2004, 05:07:58 PM »

How about the time he started beating up the fans. Cheesy
Priceless moment in the legacy of the great man.

Chris is referring to when their was apitch invasion at the City Ground after Forest beat someone in the cup...think it may of been QPR.

He gave a few fans " a clip round the ear" as he called it.Brilliant stuff Brian.

Chris Misfit
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2004, 08:35:07 PM »

"If God had wanted us to play football in the clouds, he'd have put grass up there." On the importance of passing to feet.

"ManchesterUnited in Brazil? I hope they all get bloody diarrhea." On Man Utd opting-out of the FA Cup to play in the World Club Championship.

"I can't even spell spaghetti never mind talk Italian. How could I tell an Italian to get the ball - he might grab mine." On the influx of foreign players.

"I bet their dressing room will smell of garlic rather than liniment over the next few months." On the number of French players at Arsenal.

"Who the hell wants fourteen pairs of shoes when you go on holiday? I haven't had fourteen pairs in my life." On the contents of Posh Spice's missing luggage.

"I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one." Looking back at his success.

"On occasions I have been big headed. I think most people are when they get in the limelight. I call myself Big Head just to remind myself not to be." Old Big 'Ead explains his nickname.

"At last Englandhave appointed a manager who speaks English better than the players." On the appointment of Sven Goran Eriksson as Englandmanager.

"If he'd been English or Swedish, he'd have walked the Englandjob." On Martin O'Neill.

"Anybody who can do anything in Leicesterbut make a jumper has got to be a genius." A tribute to Martin O'Neill.

"The ugliest player I ever signed was Kenny Burns." A Clough complement for a talented player.

"Stand up straight, get your shoulders back and get your hair cut." Advice for John McGovern at Hartlepool.

"Take your hands out of your pockets." More advice, this time for a young Trevor Francis as he receives an award from the Master Manager.

"The Derbyplayers have seen more of his balls than the one they're meant to be playing with." On the streaker who appeared during Derby's game against Manchester United.

"I only ever hit Roythe once. He got up so I couldn't have hit him very hard." On dealing with Roy Keane.

"Walk on water? I know most people out there will be saying that instead of walking on it, I should have taken more of it with my drinks. They are absolutely right." Reflecting on his drink problem.

"I'm dealing with my drinking problem and I have a reputation for getting things done." A comment which speaks for itself.

"Don't send me flowers when I'm dead. If you like me, send them while I'm alive." After the operation which saved his life.

"Players lose you games, not tactics. There's so much crap talked about tactics by people who barely know how to win at dominoes." Reflecting on England's exit from Euro 2000.

"We talk about it for twenty minutes and then we decide I was right." On dealing with a player who disagrees.

"I want no epitaphs of profound history and all that type of thing. I contributed - I would hope they would say that, and I would hope somebody liked me," On how he would like to be remembered.

"It was a crooked match and he was a crooked referee. That was a tournament we could and should have won." On the 1984 UEFA Cup semi-final Forest lost to Anderlecht.

"I'm sure the Englandselectors thought if they took me on and gave me the job, I'd want to run the show. They were shrewd, because that's exactly what I would have done." On not getting the Englandmanager's job.

"You don't want roast beef and Yorkshireevery night and twice on Sunday." On too much football on television.

"If a chairman sacks the manager he initially appointed, he should go as well." On too many managers getting the boot.

"I thought it was my next door neighbour, because I think she felt that if I got something like that, I'd have to move." Guessing who nominated him for a knighthood.

"For all his horses, knighthoods and championships, he hasn't got two of what I've got. And I don't mean balls!" Referring to Sir Alex Ferguson's failure to win two successive European Cups.

"I like my women to be feminine, not sliding into tackles and covered in mud." On women's football.

''That Seaman is a handsome young man but he spends too much time looking in his mirror, rather than at the ball. You can't keep goal with hair like that." On Englandgoalkeeper David Seaman.

"I've missed him. He used to make me laugh. He was the best diffuser of a situation I have ever known. I hope he's alright." On the late Peter Taylor.

"He's learned more about football management than he ever imagined. Some people think you can take football boots off and put a suit on. You can't do that." On David Platt's first season as Forestmanager.

"He should guide Posh in the direction of a singing coach because she's nowhere near as good at her job as her husband." Advice for David Beckham.

"Barbara's supervising the move. She's having more extensions built than HeathrowAirport." On moving house in Derbyshire.
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2004, 08:44:04 AM »

I was shocked when I heard the news - very, very sad indeed.

RIP

I never met him, but my friend used to work part-time in the newsagent his son owns.  Once, Brian came in and told him he needed a shave. beer
R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2004, 03:22:48 PM »

Thanks Chris and Thanks Danny, i was reading the papers today and i had a tear in my eye...im truelly gutted.

R4tfink
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2004, 04:26:10 PM »

http://trentfm.musicradio.com/break...31-4259b348bda6

Click on the Sinatra mix.

Heart wrenching. Im crying again.

RIP Brian
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2004, 05:41:31 PM »

I was sitting on my own in Victoria station at around midnight last night, feeling like shit after seeing the used, and the news flashed up on the news screen that they have in there. It truly shocked me.

Rest in Peace.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: