Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:59:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Singer Cat Stevens Denied U.S. Entry, Flight Diverted
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Singer Cat Stevens Denied U.S. Entry, Flight Diverted  (Read 3801 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« on: September 22, 2004, 10:39:17 AM »

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The former pop singer Cat Stevens (news), now known as Yusuf Islam, was denied entry to the United States and his flight from London was diverted to Maine, after his name turned up on a watch list, a U.S. transportation security official said.

United Flight 919 enroute to Washington was diverted to Bangor where Islam was questioned and detained by federal authorities who planned to put him on a return flight early Wednesday, the official said.

U.S. Customs and border protection authorities discovered that the name matched a federal watch list by checking passenger information transmitted by the airline after the flight departed from London, the official said.

The Washington Post, citing sources familiar with the event reported that Islam, whose name is listed as "Usef Islam," is on several government watch lists, including the no-fly list.

United Airlines spokesman Jeff Green said the carrier was asked by the Transportation Security Administration to divert the plane to Maine for security reasons.

The TSA had the flight diverted to Maine to keep it out of the Northeast corridor airspace, TSA spokesman Nico Melendez said.

The flight, with the remaining passengers, departed for Dulles International Airport after about four hours on the ground and landed at Dulles around 9 p.m., Melendez said.

Cat Stevens had a string of pop hits in the early 1970s including "Moonshadow" and "Wild World" before converting to Islam in late 1977.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=638&ncid=762&e=1&u=/nm/20040922/en_nm/security_diversion_dc

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
axls_locomotive
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2004, 06:47:41 PM »

cat stevens hahahaha...who else do they have on their watch list? muhammad ali? whoops too late he is already in the US

taking things a bit foor far methinks
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2004, 07:40:36 PM »

that is fuck ridicules but yet some what funny.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
MR.BROWNSTONE
Sir Post-a-lot
Legend

I'm a supreme Guns N' Roses fan.

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 08:34:17 PM »

Thanks for posting that Jarmo.  I heard things about Cat Stevens but I did not know he was that far gone. What a waste of talent he had. 

12-6-02,5-12-06,5-14-06,5-15-06,5-17-06,11-5-06,11-10-06,11-13-06,11-24-06
1-28-10,10-28-11,10-29-11,11-17-11,11-20-11,11-26-11,12-30-11,12-31-11,2-12-12
2-23-12,2-24-12,2-27-12,3-12-12,11-23/24-12
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

Found a head and an arm in the garbage can

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 09:47:31 PM »

Why is he far gone for converting to Islam?  They usually have to change their names.  How about Muhammed Ali (Casius Clay) is he far gone?

"This board isn't supposed to be a fucking smiley festival"-Jarmo 3-19-03
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2004, 10:26:46 PM »

Why is he far gone for converting to Islam?? They usually have to change their names.? How about Muhammed Ali (Casius Clay) is he far gone?

Uhm, well muhammed ali never threatened the life of an author like cat stevens or whatever he refers to himself as now on account of his religion. read about him and salom rushdi (think thats the spelling) and your post will feel really stupid.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

Found a head and an arm in the garbage can

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2004, 11:28:52 PM »

Why is he far gone for converting to Islam?? They usually have to change their names.? How about Muhammed Ali (Casius Clay) is he far gone?

Uhm, well muhammed ali never threatened the life of an author like cat stevens or whatever he refers to himself as now on account of his religion. read about him and salom rushdi (think thats the spelling) and your post will feel really stupid.
see man...why is everyone so fuckin hostile?  I was just sayin that not all Muslim's are insane or anything Tongue

"This board isn't supposed to be a fucking smiley festival"-Jarmo 3-19-03
axls_locomotive
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2004, 06:41:29 PM »

Why is he far gone for converting to Islam?  They usually have to change their names.  How about Muhammed Ali (Casius Clay) is he far gone?

uhhh dude, he never threatened salman rushdie...he was misquoted as agreeing with the death sentence proclaimed on rushdie by the ayatollah after rushdie wrote the satanic verses...and he publically denounced the attacks on 9/11 btw

Cornell
Nice to you
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2004, 07:17:23 PM »

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The former pop singer Cat Stevens (news), now known as Yusuf Islam, was denied entry to the United States and his flight from London was diverted to Maine, after his name turned up on a watch list, a U.S. transportation security official said.
/jarmo

I always thought Maine was in the United States.  Grin

Why don't you just....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: