Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:07:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Just a thought. Maybe Axl doesn't like the music anymore.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just a thought. Maybe Axl doesn't like the music anymore.  (Read 3198 times)
Groghan
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: August 26, 2004, 02:08:31 PM »

Just a thought -
You know how when you get a new CD and you love it, so you listen the shit out of it, then you eventually get tired of it? Or when a new song comes on the radio and you like it - but then they play it 85 times a day until you eventually get sick of it?

Maybe that's what has happened to Axl. Maybe the majority of the songs for Chinese Dem have been basically completed for years now - but Axl keeps tinkering with them, then court delays, whatever. People say he's a perfectionist - maybe he needs to step back and see what happens.

So Axl's 12-15 core songs, he's been listening to and tinkering with for 4-5 years. So to him, maybe he's already bored with them and that's why he won't release them???

I love The Blues and Madagascar . . . . but I've been listening to them for what - 3 years now?

MAYBE somebody needs to go up to Axl and say "Brother, this music is incredible. The world will love it. Quit fucking around and release it."

I think the longer he waits to release it, the more changes he'll make and the more tinkering, etc, etc, etc
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2004, 02:36:04 PM »

I am not really sure why this topic got moved out of the GNR section, but I'll reply anyway.

I think most people on these GNR boards severely overestimate the amount of time that Axl spends on this project.  I'd bet that he spends far more time fucking off doing nothing creative than he does working on this album.  My guess is that there are weeks that go by when he does nothing on CD.  If he was totally devoted to this album, it would have been done by now.

-TyRod-
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2004, 03:35:15 PM »

I am not really sure why this topic got moved out of the GNR section, but I'll reply anyway.

A wild guess: Discussions about why it has taken so long have been around as long as this board has been around.

Tyrod has a point, there's been stuff happening during the years that might make it a bit harder to work on the album. For example, band members leaving, law suits.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2004, 06:04:59 PM »

I don't think that was the point tyrod was trying to make. I think he was saying axl was watching tv or doing pilates for the past decade which would actually make alot of sense.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2004, 07:23:59 AM »

Who knows? But I really would like to the exact reason why it is taking so long

EEEERRRR Little boy
metalhead666
Headliner

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2004, 08:57:51 PM »

I highly doubt that he doesn't like music anymore. He's just worried about too many things and he's not concentrated on the music enough which is why the album still isn't out yet. He actually got a facelift and i mean who actually gives a shit what Axl looks like, I love the guy for who he is, a great performer/songwriter so just drop everything and finish off the album then start touring!!!!!!!!!!

"If there was a new way I'd be the 1st in line, but it'd better work this time."
November Rain 91
Headliner

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2004, 10:57:24 PM »

I highly doubt that he doesn't like music anymore. He's just worried about too many things and he's not concentrated on the music enough which is why the album still isn't out yet. He actually got a facelift and i mean who actually gives a shit what Axl looks like, I love the guy for who he is, a great performer/songwriter so just drop everything and finish off the album then start touring!!!!!!!!!!

well said ok

Guns N' Fuckin' Roses
sergejg
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2004, 02:42:10 AM »

Just a thought -
You know how when you get a new CD and you love it, so you listen the shit out of it, then you eventually get tired of it? Or when a new song comes on the radio and you like it - but then they play it 85 times a day until you eventually get sick of it?

Maybe that's what has happened to Axl. Maybe the majority of the songs for Chinese Dem have been basically completed for years now - but Axl keeps tinkering with them, then court delays, whatever. People say he's a perfectionist - maybe he needs to step back and see what happens.

So Axl's 12-15 core songs, he's been listening to and tinkering with for 4-5 years. So to him, maybe he's already bored with them and that's why he won't release them???

I love The Blues and Madagascar . . . . but I've been listening to them for what - 3 years now?

MAYBE somebody needs to go up to Axl and say "Brother, this music is incredible. The world will love it. Quit fucking around and release it."

I think the longer he waits to release it, the more changes he'll make and the more tinkering, etc, etc, etc

I think you are absolutley right. I am a musican too and I have been in that case you describe many times. Sometimes you record something then you leave it unfinished for a while, when you listen to it again you simply lost the original mood and then you stop working on that song and then someone listens to it and tells you how great that sounds. It makes perfect sense to me and I too belive this is the reason why no new songs have been heard. Axl must have like dozens of half finished demo's that he won't finish but probably are amazing songs.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: