Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:34:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  Has GNR music changed your life?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Has GNR music changed your life?  (Read 2884 times)
dontcry44
Headliner

Here Today...

« on: September 21, 2004, 07:20:35 PM »

GNR has been credited for writing songs that have deep lyrics and breathtaking guitar riffs.  Are there any songs GNR songs that really grabbed a hold of you and got you through a tough time or is there a song that just sticks to you and is an inspiration to you?

It's hard to hold a candle.... in the cold November rain....
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 07:24:22 PM »

GnR the band as a whole changed my life because at the time i discovered gnr, i was really into heavy/death metal and i was "a hair's breadth away" from becoming a total goth.. but once i found gnr, i listened to it more and more and other 80's metal bands and even more gnr..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
November Rain 91
Headliner

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 10:38:26 PM »

Guns N' Roses totally changed my musical preference, i used to listen to rap and shit like that, but ever since i started paying attention to gnr, ive started listening to lots of other stuff (even though gnr still owns 99% of my listening time), a lot of the lyrics i feel i can relate to. I never go a day without my Guns N' Fuckin' Roses beer, and neither should anyone else lol, anyways, yeah changed my life alot, picked up piano again, started guitar....etc... good thread! ok

Guns N' Fuckin' Roses
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2004, 05:44:02 PM »

Yes. Gn'R's music helps me get through the day every day. They're the only group I can listen to every day without the music getting boring.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Leah_RocketQueen
Headliner

Wanna be Mrs.Duff!

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2004, 05:44:53 PM »

Guns N' Roses totally changed my musical preference, i used to listen to rap and shit like that, but ever since i started paying attention to gnr, ive started listening to lots of other stuff (even though gnr still owns 99% of my listening time), a lot of the lyrics i feel i can relate to. I never go a day without my Guns N' Fuckin' Roses beer, and neither should anyone else lol, anyways, yeah changed my life alot, picked up piano again, started guitar....etc... good thread! ok

That is alost the exact same with me! I loved pop, and i play drums and in my band, my friend said, "lets play dont cry." i had never heard the song before and we learned it and i was blown away, that song has helped me through so much, one time, i had become anorexic and i was so upset, i had ruined my life. I lissened to dont cry and i got all my courage back! I ate more and now im my normal size again. I feel great, and because of "dont cry", i didnt cry, and had a better life. plus, i became a huge gnr fan.!! Cheesy   

Don't You Cry Tonight
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2004, 08:30:34 PM »

I have been listening to guns since I was like 6, I grew up with a heavy interest in music. While I can't say it has changed my life where it would be different in any certain way without it, I can say it has really helped me out thru some hard times. I know it's corny and cliche but for me it's true. Music can really be a healer just knowing theres someone else going thru fucked up shit. Alot of the anger helped me around that preteen age when sometimes, especially me for reasons I won't name, everything feels like it is not only falling down-but right on top of you all at once. And now listening alot closer to the lyrics, which I have a better understanding of at 20, is really cathartic. Just by hearing someone like Axl say a line like "sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time" can really help me thru alot of the bullshit. Everyone can interpret that line to mean whatever they want it to but that is as good an example I can give and hopefully everyone else can get the same 15 dollars for life therepy from a guns album that I always find.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
SwedeChildO'Mine
Guy in the locker, feeling like a
Rocker

W. Axl Rose - Pure talent

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2004, 03:16:33 PM »

Yes.

Now I can understand why the people (which I thought were lame) who said music as their interest are right.

That says it all I guess.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: