Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:39:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Foo Fighters
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Foo Fighters  (Read 67298 times)
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2007, 07:12:08 AM »

Like every album I've bought of theirs, they are all growers, and Echoes... is no different. After several listens it starts to reveal how great it really is. I don't know about the Colour And The Shape comparisons, but it is a really strong album, and has some killer tracks on there.

The Pretender is one of the best Foo tracks in years too. ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
darkdays_01
« Reply #101 on: October 12, 2007, 01:37:56 AM »

This still has hardly left my cd player. There best release hands down since TCATS. Everything on this is good. Long Road to Ruin is still my favorite , i still think this is the best song they have released. Another one that has really grown on me is Statues. The piano just adds alot to the song, Summers End is another standout. I hope they come to these parts on tour. Dave Grohl is just one talented musician.  It is nice that you no longer hear the Nirvana comparisons, two totally different bands. As much as i loved Nirvana they dont hold a candle to the Foo Fighters not even close. I put in the whole catalog in order the other night , I aways did like Dave's voice but it just got better each album and the new one, his best efforts yet as a vocalist although the acoustic live disk was pretty damn close aswell.

If you can find it go find the cover of Band On the Run, it is great. I finally stumbled upon it last night. Sits right up there with Baker Street on there covers stuff.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2008, 12:16:20 PM »

Well I went to see these guys last night in Toronto..Im a fan but not a huge fan...Only knowing the singles..A buddy of mine bought me a ticket in exchange for driving...The show was soldout to my suprise...and although it wasnt great...it was good...They had a big catwalk down to an acoustic stage that came down from the rafters....they opened with Let It Die,The Pretender,Times Like These,Breakout and Learn To Fly right off the bat it was awesome..then played some newer songs...

But....a huuge suprise...during Taylor Hawkins drum solo..He says id like to introduce you to two people...Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee from RUSH...They come out on stage and played YYZ with Hawkins....didnt say anything..just played a superb version and walked off stage...Grohl was seen on the side of the stage sitting watching...he came out after and say goodnight haha it was funny....He is a true down to earth guy though...and you get your moneys worth...2 hours+ you dont see very often still these days...These guys are good to there fans...Dave talked to the crowd for about 5 minutes twice...anyways it was a decent show...but was cool Rush was there

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2008, 02:41:26 AM »

Yeah dude, I saw them at the Forum earlier this month, and I was quite impressed.

Like you, I only know a few songs as I am not their biggest fan by any stretch of the imagination.  But those guys put on a great show.

The one I went to, Stewart Copeland came out and played the drums during the encore.  The second night, Lemmy Kilmister joined them for a song.

That acoustic stage is very impressive.
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #104 on: October 28, 2008, 02:51:29 PM »

Some good footage from a show this weekend...

Foo Fighters - My Hero - California Bike Week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlNXAG49FQA

Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench - California Bike Week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nj72W9lyy7c

Foo Fighters - Learn to Fly - California Bike Week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsrqfbYE11c

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Mobenrad
VIP

Free of all these chains

« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2008, 10:44:44 AM »

I would love a new album from these guys. Anyone else get a kick out of David Grohl bagging on McCain for using their song without permission? yes
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #106 on: December 04, 2008, 11:16:47 AM »

i think they are having a break
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #107 on: December 04, 2008, 01:37:22 PM »

I felt embarrassed for them covering Carly Simon last night. Nothing against her, I like the song, but it seemed so out of their element...but at least Dave's voice was in better shape than other recent on-air shows.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
victor08
« Reply #108 on: December 18, 2008, 06:36:41 PM »

dave grohl is a nice guy. i don't own any foo fighter's music, but i like them. they're pretty rad Smiley
Giant_Robot
Rocker

I am not your standard Chicken Dinner

« Reply #109 on: December 19, 2008, 12:15:46 PM »

Foo Fighters are awesome ! Went to see them live at the wembley shows with Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones as special guests.... alot of energy... the songs are great to sing along too as well.

As for the albums i have two favourites... the first album because it one of the atmospheric albums ive listened too and There Is Nothing Left To Lose is one of those albums that nearly every song could be a radiohit.

beer 

Thanks Giant Robot...
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #110 on: October 30, 2009, 03:13:36 PM »

So they are playing live on facebook in about 7 hours. some kind of stream I guess, might see it but that's 3 Am in Sweden

just thought i'd mention if there's anyonre interrested, back to sleep now
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2011, 09:12:44 AM »

new teaser : http://tease.foofighters.com/

sounds good!

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #112 on: February 17, 2011, 12:46:13 PM »

new song and new video featuring Lemmy  hihi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebJ2brErERQ

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #113 on: February 17, 2011, 03:19:42 PM »

new song and new video featuring Lemmy  hihi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebJ2brErERQ

That video is great!

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #114 on: February 18, 2011, 05:41:11 AM »

Sounds killer, the song is just like old school Foo Fighters!

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #115 on: February 18, 2011, 07:19:59 AM »

Really liking White Limo, it felt like they'd been stuck in a rut the last few albums, good to hear some progression!
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #116 on: February 18, 2011, 12:24:17 PM »

Really liking White Limo, it felt like they'd been stuck in a rut the last few albums, good to hear some progression!
even i liked it and i couldnt stand anything they have released since 2001.

html sucks
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #117 on: February 25, 2011, 03:47:30 PM »

yeah same here, i like it a lot, and I really only liked a single here and there since 2001
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #118 on: February 25, 2011, 04:19:01 PM »

yeah same here, i like it a lot, and I really only liked a single here and there since 2001

They had gotten real cookie cutter and generic sounding the past 3 albums or so. Hopefully they have broken out of that.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2011, 11:20:44 AM »

Just heard the whole new Foo album, might be their best yet, definitely on par with the first two.

Dave Grohl The Perfect Rockstar

How did a drummer who never intended to make money from music end up as one of the biggest and wealthiest rock stars?

By Carl Wilkinson

A group of record company executives, sitting down to sketch the perfect rock star, may well come up with someone a little like Dave Grohl. He has the look?long, thick black hair; he has the talent?he plays the drums, guitar and piano, he sings and he writes his own songs; and, above all, he has both pedigree and credibility.

In the early 1990s, as drummer with seminal grunge band Nirvana, Grohl helped change the face of popular music. Today, as lead singer with stadium-filling rock giants Foo Fighters, he is a multi-millionaire who has sold more than 15 million albums worldwide, won six Grammy awards and is president of his own record label. Alongside Foo Fighters he has a number of side projects (including supergroup Them Crooked Vultures, with Led Zeppelin's John Paul Jones); a documentary about his band shot by Oscar-winning director James Moll was released last month and his seventh album, Wasting Light, is out on Monday. Now 42, Grohl?and his brand of rock 'n' roll?has grown up, had kids and settled down.

How did a man who was just a drummer and who never intended to make money from music end up as one of the biggest and wealthiest rock stars of the decade, succeeding in the face of a record industry in crisis?

its a pretty long article,
http://www.slate.com/id/2290837/
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 12:22:19 PM by Bodhi » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: