Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:39:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Foo Fighters
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Foo Fighters  (Read 67290 times)
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2005, 03:07:13 PM »

i always find them to be quite weak. im talking about there other albums before the new one since i havent heard that.

I like the odd song by them but i dont like the way everybody loves them all of a sudden just because they released a repetative song that everybody knows and loves because of it. Kerrang suddenly bums them. A few months time and they will have gone to what they were like again, played a few times old "out of trend" band. Until they release another album.

I also agree on the solo thing. Hes not in nirvana anymore so he doesnt need to be "alternative", though to be fair nirvana did do some form of solos.

html sucks
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2005, 04:12:50 PM »

Too me when Dave Grohl started the Foo Fighters he artistically wanted to follow in the footsteps of the late Kurt Cobain via his lyrics, writing styles and "screams" but its never really seemed to work for them in their best interest. I really liked the Color and the Shape cause there were alot of punk influeneces on it but they've just sucked and have gotten more and more repetitive with each new album. Right after 9/11 too, alot of Canadian rock stations I listen to would not stop playing "Times Like These"...worst song ever. Take a wanker like Dave Grohl and try to make him humbly sing "atriotic material" and its just not a good combination.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2005, 05:23:24 PM »

I like the song "big me" a lot. The video is funny.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2005, 06:02:57 PM »

I know what you mean about repetative, cos I think their previous album, One By One, was pretty repetative. I was pretty disappointed in that album, even though it's their most successful album yet.
even Dave Grohl says he's not satisfied with that album.
but this new one is a very good RNR album, I love it, best album to come out in a while!

like they said on the DVD that came with the new album, instead of mixing the two extremes, hard rock and mellow rock, like they have done up till now. they decided to go all the way out in both categories on the new album, and therefor, the rock disc is harder than anything they have released before. and the acoustic disc is more mellow than anything they have done before. peace

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #44 on: August 04, 2005, 07:18:16 PM »

I downloaded a few songs of the new album recently.."Best of You" -- "Hands on miracle" and " In your Honor". Nothing groundbreaking but good songs. The heavy tunes are heavier than anything I've heard from Foos; good-solid riffs, good drums, good vocals...but Grohl's lyrics suck. Terrible.

"Hands on a miracle" is cheesy. Nice acoustic melody, but the lyrics again could very well have been a anything done by the Backstreet Boys.

deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: August 04, 2005, 07:41:59 PM »

The more I listen to the new one the better it gets. I think it is there second best, nothing can beat TCTS album that is great. Whoever posted that Grohl was trying to follow Kurt is totally wrong. They have never done anything that sounded close to a Nirvana song. People always give Grohl shit about capitilizing off Nirvana, sure it didnt hurt he was the drummer for them , but that is not the key to there success by any means. If that were true the few bands Krist Novoselic started would have been successful and out of the three bands he formed not one did anything.

To his credit also the Foo Fighters have never covered one Nirvana song live, in my opinion that just goes to show what kind of guy he is. Most people in his shoes would have played that route and covered atleast one of there songs. yes
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #46 on: August 04, 2005, 08:13:52 PM »

The new album is definitely a grower. I love it more now than when I first got it.
And listening to One By One again recently, I don't see it as the bad album that the band makes it out to be. There's probably 1 or 2 weaker songs on there, but the rest rocks.

Overall I think Foo Fighters set out to make good pop-punk rock and I don't there's any other band currently out there that does it as good as them.

I still find it ironic that Dave Grohl, the drummer of Nirvana has stepped up to front another band and is a better guitarist/vocalist IMO than Kurt Cobain ever was.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
deliverthecow
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2005, 09:53:16 PM »

The new album is definitely a grower. I love it more now than when I first got it.
And listening to One By One again recently, I don't see it as the bad album that the band makes it out to be. There's probably 1 or 2 weaker songs on there, but the rest rocks.

Overall I think Foo Fighters set out to make good pop-punk rock and I don't there's any other band currently out there that does it as good as them.

I still find it ironic that Dave Grohl, the drummer of Nirvana has stepped up to front another band and is a better guitarist/vocalist IMO than Kurt Cobain ever was.

I too think Grohl is a better singer than Kurt. On playing Cobain always got a lot of criticism for his lack of guitar skills but he wasn't bad, his playing fit the songs and he didn't over play so to speak , wasn't flashy either. Grohl is the sameway. He is doesn't overplay either, so on playing skills they are both pretty equal IMO.
Miss-Aussie
Rocker

Rock N Roll Will Set U Free

« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2005, 02:53:22 AM »

I just saw them play their new song Best Of You on Rove (Australian tv show) tonight, and damn, that was one of the most passionate rock n' roll performances I've seen recently. You could really feel Dave Grohl's pain in his singing, and he was just rocking so hard on his guitar. The drummer was going off too!?

I can't wait to get their new double album In Your Honour in a few weeks time. It's one disc all out rock, and the other disc all acoustic and is supposedly the Foos strongest material to date. And judging by the performance I saw tonight on Rove, I'd have to agree.

im not usually a fan... but HELL YES, the best of you is a total hit. i love it heaps.

and in allot of way i can relate to it, i guess thats why i love it. the song reaches out to me..

Live it, Love it, Cherish it, for Rock And Roll is the key to life
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2005, 06:59:57 AM »

On playing Cobain always got a lot of criticism for his lack of guitar skills but he wasn't bad, his playing fit the songs and he didn't over play so to speak , wasn't flashy either. Grohl is the sameway. He is doesn't overplay either, so on playing skills they are both pretty equal IMO.

yeah I agree, Dave has a cleaner way of playing though, Kurt is a little sloppier, but not in a bad way!
same way Slash is sloppy compared to Eddie Van Halen, a good kind of sloppy! Grin

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Jonathan
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2005, 05:18:19 PM »

For the Foo Fighters fans! 02/12/2002 Stockholm, Hovet

http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1F8D2DMLFFUXE2TK7B9G5CXLME (All My Life)

http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0ITCHQLAO6P3A0PN90PFXDAE24 (My Hero)

http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2QQXRN8RQTBLE1OCQ6VXB3EHJS (Generator)

http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1SRJNI6UTL6HG194GHSZ0BV5FA (Learn To Fly)

http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3B7GF10FUX7RJ0YD7WJOSFJMFA (For All The Cows)

http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2JD6RTOZSJB2030P7AIEOBO99K (The One)

http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=18PI7E0T4X66V3MKPFDFLVYU7X (Low)

http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2QBBZC3L7AIT402PGKSIV1WNNT (Hey, Johnny Park!)

http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2ZL6NJ6PWC57O0RIYPAWCB3M3E (Monkey Wrench)

http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3D25SUGVF8TOK1Y5OM8AY9ELFT (Tired of You)

http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3G19HPKDDDSWV3DYYFFFIVDC3E (Enough Space)

http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0U9DKAQIAVJ01NLFDZKHTQWLI (Breakout)

metallex78
Legend

« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2005, 10:41:17 PM »

Thanks for posting these! ok

Eugene Klein
Rocker

--Powder on wound--

« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2005, 01:45:33 PM »

I'm not a FF fan but i'm downloading some of these. I'm beginning to enjoy some of their latest songs. Thx Jonathan.

??\\\ G.A.S. ///??
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2005, 11:50:11 PM »

Anyone else here go to the recent Foo Fighters shows in Australia?
I went ot both Sydney shows and they were both fucking awesome.
Dave Grohl is a hell of a front man, how does he yell for 2 hours straight and not lose his voice???
And as for the setlist, it was hit after hit after hit after hit. Every song had the crowd jumping around, going nuts, and singing at the top of their lungs.

Going to see Motley Crue / Motorhead tonight and they have allot to live up to if they're gonne top those two shows as my fav rock gigs of the year.

Clouser
Opening Act

« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2005, 07:33:41 AM »

Anyone else here go to the recent Foo Fighters shows in Australia?
I went ot both Sydney shows and they were both fucking awesome.
Dave Grohl is a hell of a front man, how does he yell for 2 hours straight and not lose his voice???
And as for the setlist, it was hit after hit after hit after hit. Every song had the crowd jumping around, going nuts, and singing at the top of their lungs.

Going to see Motley Crue / Motorhead tonight and they have allot to live up to if they're gonne top those two shows as my fav rock gigs of the year.

I'll go to the 2nd Melb FF show, looking forward to that. Gonna see the Crue/Motorhead thing next week as well.
Jonathan
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2005, 05:08:23 PM »

I hope people are downloading these..  Tongue
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #56 on: July 10, 2007, 08:24:54 PM »

Here's a video of Foo Fighters performing one of their new songs recently. This is called Cheer Up Boys, Your Make-up is Running and it sounds pretty rocking. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0xKGXzM9Tc

And this is the supposed tracklisting to the Foo Fighters new album Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace due out in September.

The Pretender
Let It Die
Erase Replace
Long Road to Ruin
Come Alive
Stranger Things Have Happened
Cheer Up Boys, Your Makeup Is Running
Summer's End
The Ballad of the Beaconsfield Miners
Statues
But Honestly
Home

Another great rock album to look forward to this year! ok

GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #57 on: July 10, 2007, 08:26:34 PM »

In Your Honor was reallly dissapointing. One by One is okay. The Colour and The Shape was fucking fantastic tho, and i hear they are bringing back the producer from that album, if they can rekindle the magic and sound from that record and shy away from the generic rock ditch they've fell into then hell yes!!!!! i still have hope, i'll never give up on Dave Grohl hes the fucking man!!

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
metallex78
Legend

« Reply #58 on: July 10, 2007, 10:26:34 PM »

Speaking of Colour And The Shape, has anyone bought the 10th Anniversary edition that was recently released?
It's been remastered and features additional tracks too.

GeraldFord
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2007, 10:09:07 PM »

I don't know...they're pretty good. Not very challenging though. Just sort of Nirvana-lite.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: