Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:59:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  God, I hate Emo!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: God, I hate Emo!  (Read 12713 times)
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2004, 05:36:46 PM »

OH MY GOD!!!

Chris Misfit do you ever shut the fuck up?? Why can nobody ever be right?? Why is it that you have to always correct everyone and talk about how much fucking musical knowledge you have? I know what emo is, what it sounds like and what bands are classified as emo now.? I don't really care that you have a musical sub-genre for every single little band out there.? I mean, post hardcore? come on...you sound like an asshole.

Thank you for putting into words the feelings of a lot of people on this board.  ok
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

Found a head and an arm in the garbage can

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2004, 05:45:19 PM »

Anytime man beer

"This board isn't supposed to be a fucking smiley festival"-Jarmo 3-19-03
Chris Misfit
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2004, 05:52:12 PM »

Chris Misfit do you ever shut the fuck up?  Why can nobody ever be right?  Why is it that you have to always correct everyone and talk about how much fucking musical knowledge you have

Right. If someone came on here and said that GnR and Limp Bizkit were of the same musical genre, you'd fucking say it wasn't. So you shut the fuck up. I'm not the first person in the world who corrects people.

Post Hardcore is a form of music. What? I don't listen to it, but I know it exists. You're the one whos calling generic pop punk, emo. You're talking about a sub-genre, and getting annoyed with me because I brought up another? Hmm.

Thank you for putting into words the feelings of a lot of people on this board.

Fuck it out yer arse. You don't even have any friends here. Just because I've proved you wrong time and time again. Anyway, it's not me who ignores the thread when I'm wrong.

Nice to see you had to wait until someone else stood up to me. Coward.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2004, 06:12:17 PM »

oh I agree Emo people think there music is the real deal it sucks so bad

Right. I bet you listen to some shit too. It is real music. How is it not. Wind yer neck in and grow up.

I was just pointing across the think the music totally rules and it annoys I think you shouldn't run you're mouth its not what this board is about

EEEERRRR Little boy
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2004, 06:18:53 PM »

Chris Misfit do you ever shut the fuck up?? Why can nobody ever be right?? Why is it that you have to always correct everyone and talk about how much fucking musical knowledge you have

Right. If someone came on here and said that GnR and Limp Bizkit were of the same musical genre, you'd fucking say it wasn't. So you shut the fuck up. I'm not the first person in the world who corrects people.

Post Hardcore is a form of music. What? I don't listen to it, but I know it exists. You're the one whos calling generic pop punk, emo. You're talking about a sub-genre, and getting annoyed with me because I brought up another? Hmm.

Fuck it out yer arse. You don't even have any friends here. Just because I've proved you wrong time and time again. Anyway, it's not me who ignores the thread when I'm wrong.

fuck sake grow up

EEEERRRR Little boy
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2004, 06:24:22 PM »

OH MY GOD!!!

Chris Misfit do you ever shut the fuck up?? Why can nobody ever be right?? Why is it that you have to always correct everyone and talk about how much fucking musical knowledge you have? I know what emo is, what it sounds like and what bands are classified as emo now.? I don't really care that you have a musical sub-genre for every single little band out there.? I mean, post hardcore? come on...you sound like an asshole.

Ouch!

I live with the guy and hes taught me more in a year than ive learnt in a lifetime.

Post Hardcore - The Hope Conspiracy, although some would label them Metal-Core.

Id like these people to show their faces and speak up...if you have a problem with someone, dont whisper it to each other in silent little girl group's....tell us who you are?
If you dont want to do it on the board..do it by PM's, but for godsake dont beat around the bush...tell the fucking world.
I bet no one says anything at all, cus unlike Chris Misfit, they havent got the balls to say anything to his face..or in this instance via a fucking message board.
Hey..why not start a "I hate Chris Misfit thread as hes prooved me wrong countless times" thread and see how many people respond? Im sure Chris wouldnt mind, in fact i think he would love having the chance to humiliate you a few more times.

Anytime man

Pathetic.
Get a room you two.

Emo? I dont like it..however, i like Killswitch Engage who have been labelled Emo Metal which seems to be another sub genre doing the rounds that you can place Avenged Sevenfold into also...both bands i like.
Its good to mix things up, but with the amount of genre's and sub genres we have these days...is anybody really right or wrong for classifying a band?

kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2004, 06:48:26 PM »

First of all, let's not pretend that Misfit isn't an asshole.  There's a way to talk to and correct people without being a dick.

Secondly, Dashboard is emo.

Also, I do think that overclassifying bands is problematic.  There's no need to create genre's and sub-genre's for ever single band out there.  Why do you have to generalize and group bands together perfectly?  I realize that Limp and Gn'r are different genres but nitpicking about crappy emo is totally different.  Oh and i realize that post-hardcore is a genre but it sounds very pretentious and ridiculous, like some music nerd hanging out in his vintage vinyl store discussing deleted Echo and the Bunnymen B-sides.

Finally...ah i guess that's it

Chris Misfit
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2004, 07:11:39 PM »

Secondly, Dashboard is emo.

Also, I do think that overclassifying bands is problematic.  There's no need to create genre's and sub-genre's for ever single band out there.

I'm laughing at this. Wipe the shite from your mouth.

[  I realize that Limp and Gn'r are different genres but nitpicking about crappy emo is totally different.

And there's as much difference between Rites Of Spring and Dashboard. Which was my point.

kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2004, 07:29:33 PM »

Nobody cares Chris....

once again you've ruined a perfectly good thread with your award winning personality...thanks! ok

N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2004, 07:36:09 PM »

jesus people can we get back on topic and have peace? read jarmo's rules for fucks sake.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2004, 08:04:25 PM »

they are on topic. it'd be easier to understand and accept the "sub-genres" and classifications of emo if we actually gave enough shit about it. ie, we don't. mister misfit likes to grab any chance he can at enlightening us about this, but somehow has no luck.
Chris Misfit
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2004, 08:05:48 PM »

ie, we don't. mister misfit likes to grab any chance he can at enlightening us about this, but somehow has no luck.

Number of threads Misfit has started regarding Emo: 0.
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2004, 08:09:28 PM »

Well then, Socrates, why don't you give me an example?? Your main technique of debate is to tell someone that they're a fucking idiot because they don't care about the subtle differences between post-hardcore emo thrash punk metal, and post-hardcore emo thrash pop metal, or whatever.? You may have a lot of valid points to make, but you need to learn how to express them in a way so that you don't look like you're trying to be the big kid on the schoolyard, so to speak.

And what difference does it make if I don't have any friends on the board?? I guess unlike you, I have friends (and a life) outside of this message board, so I don't need to rely on it for my fun.

Again, you're getting all worked up over what some random stranger posted on a message board.? Relax.? hihi

I know I've posted at least one rant against you that was similar to what kj_live posted, so you're wrong anyway about me having to "wait until someone else stood up to you."

"Coward"?? What are we, 18th century pirates?? Why don't you challenge me to a duel while you're at it?  This is so stupid.  Speaking of Jarmo's rules...what's it gonna take to ban you, Chris?? Most people, having dished out as many straight-up insults to other members as you would have been banned long ago.? Could it be because you're a moderator?? I see...so it's "do as I say", not "do as I do."
« Last Edit: September 28, 2004, 08:15:57 PM by Mattman » Logged
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2004, 08:13:15 PM »

ie, we don't. mister misfit likes to grab any chance he can at enlightening us about this, but somehow has no luck.

Number of threads Misfit has started regarding Emo: 0.

thankfully, you guys are forgetting Bring you to your knees, that hardcore one that just put the goddamn nail on the coffin of how much i despise that genre.

Yes. But you're forgetting that only one band on the CD are Hardcore, the rest are metal, so you're comments are ignorable. Do not get metal confused with punk.
Chris Misfit
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2004, 08:17:03 PM »

Alice, honey. You kept that. How adoreable.

Matt, to admin.
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2004, 08:20:20 PM »

it's called going back in history, don't flatter yourself (again).
LionGoddess
Headliner

" I might be a little young but honey I ain't naive."

« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2004, 08:28:31 PM »

This thread had promise, but like alot of threads it got way off track into insult land. It is possible to have a thread on this or any other message board without people insulting each other? Chris I think it is cool that you the level of musical knowledge that you do and that you listen to music outside of the mainstream. But people have a point when they say that you can't add anything without insulting someone. You make a lot of valid points that get tainted in the way that you present them. You can educate someone without making them feel like a dumbass. Just because someone doesn't have your knowledge level about music doesn't mean that they're a dumbass.

Just because you win don't mean you're the lucky one.
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: