Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:42:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  "The Spaghetti Incident?" appreciation thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Spaghetti Incident?" appreciation thread  (Read 20781 times)
DemocracyRose
« Reply #100 on: September 28, 2004, 02:54:55 AM »

Favorite tracks: Since i dont.... Raw Power, Aint it Fun, Down on the Farm, and Black Leather.

But i think some of the numbers are not produced very well... Maybe its the meaning of the record. I dont know.

But overall, its a great record.

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #101 on: September 28, 2004, 02:59:15 AM »

I love TSI. Raw Power, New Rose, Attitude, Ain't It Fun, Black Leather, Hair Of The Dog are all kickass cover versions and even the so-so songs are really cool too.
It's just a fun rock album from start to finish, and it definitely gets me in a good mood whenever I listen to it.

I think someone said something about TSI being the heaviest sounding GN'R album too, with the drums and guitars more in-yer-face than any other GN'R release. I'd have to agree with that! ok

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #102 on: September 28, 2004, 03:13:40 AM »

New topic everytime when somebody have listened gnr album.... Roll Eyes Is it really necessarily?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2004, 03:17:05 AM by kupirock » Logged

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #103 on: September 28, 2004, 03:33:09 AM »

New topic everytime when somebody have listened gnr album.... Roll Eyes Is it really necessarily?

Who cares if there's a new topic?

Isn't easier to create a new topic than searching back through pages and pages to find similar topics to reply to???

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2004, 04:00:05 AM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=12795.0

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=12000.0

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=14047.0

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=11020.0

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=14885.0

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=12571.0
« Last Edit: September 28, 2004, 04:49:54 AM by kupirock » Logged

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #105 on: September 28, 2004, 08:31:14 AM »

Well I merged most of those threads into this big "TSI?" thread.

I remember buying it on the day it was released back in 1993. First GN'R album that I got on cd on its release date. I got UYI on LPs....

I remember reading all kinds of rumors about this album before it was released. A Hanoi Rocks track was rumored to be on it at one point.

Anyway, it's kinda funny how people say the album sucks. It's just a cover album, nothing to be taken too seriously. It's like GN'R's version of the stuff Izzy, Snakepit etc have done. Just a fun record, not supposed to be a follow up to the UYI albums.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

Found a head and an arm in the garbage can

« Reply #106 on: September 28, 2004, 09:19:28 AM »

Given the wealth of current GN'R news available, i'd say....absolutely!

"This board isn't supposed to be a fucking smiley festival"-Jarmo 3-19-03
anythinggoes
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2004, 09:36:50 AM »

I remember buying it on the day it was released back in 1993. First GN'R album that I got on cd on its release date. I got UYI on LPs....

I remember reading all kinds of rumors about this album before it was released. A Hanoi Rocks track was rumored to be on it at one point.

I also brought it on the day of release but on cassette tape in my lunch break i had my walkman and listened to it all day at school during lessons a lot of my mates were Gnr Fans so they would take it in turns to sit next to me with the old headphone wire up my jumper sleeve trick. i also purchased the single Ain't it fun about 2 - 3 weeks before the album was released still got it (bit scratched now) I also liked 'look at you game girl' and was a bit surprised when i read a slash interview where he said there was a 7-8 second delay at the end of i don't care about you and people who were stupid enough to listen to the silence deserved to here that song

MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #108 on: September 28, 2004, 05:12:28 PM »

I have TSI since 95,but I hated it until a month ago.Then I had to do a long drive,and I decided to give it another chance.Since then I listen to it almost every day.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
LionGoddess
Headliner

" I might be a little young but honey I ain't naive."

« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2004, 08:48:11 PM »

To me the album is like alot of cover albums, some songs are good, others are not. Try as I might I just can't get into this cd. It is one of those cds that I only listen too just because I haven't heard it in awhile. I don't dislike it really, its just for the most part it does something for me. I think its sad it was G&R's last effort as a band, even though it wasn't meant to be. Kinda like Pantera's Reinventing The Steel record, they weren't going out at top. I do like the fact that some of the songs they covered weren't really well known. People might have given the originals a look that they might not have if G&R hadn't covered them.

Just because you win don't mean you're the lucky one.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #110 on: September 29, 2004, 12:15:20 PM »

It is almost like Lies, not at the same level as AFD or UYI. But ... it shows another side to the band and is a fun record. Not the best CD for the old band to call their last, but its not like the band saw that coming.  It has some standout songs. I hated the video for Since I dont have you. They could`ve done a better job than having that annoying clown in there.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #111 on: September 29, 2004, 12:41:35 PM »

Sometimes I think the title is actually "the much maligned speghetti incident" because of always reading "their last release was the..." in alot of gnr articles. I think that's nuts. I fucking love TSI. And I think every track on it is worth listening to. I picked it up in 95' and it led me to discover alot of my favorite bands. I started listening to the misifts and the sex pistols after hearing those tracks got me interested in them.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
nyd
« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2005, 09:28:19 PM »

I've never been a fan of The Spaghetti Incident, I always felt that it failed to deliver in comparison to Appetite, Illusions etc. Well I finally went back and gave it a fresh listen and have to say the album has really grown on me now  smoking I hadn't heard it in about 3 years and although "Since I Dont Have You" still sucks I loved every other song on that album.

I know I wasnt the only person to hate TSI, it seems to be the least popular album to a large percentage of GNR fans. I want to know why most people dislike the album? Instead of expecting it to be crap; listen to it with an open mind and appreciate some awesome punk songs covered by Hollywoods hardest rock band  Cool

Now that Im older I have heard the original versions of nearly all the songs on here, all of them are damn good covers... especially Human Being. Its better than the Dolls version in my honest opinion  Wink
Jonathan
« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2005, 12:15:58 AM »

Well I merged most of those threads into this big "TSI?" thread.

Anyway, it's kinda funny how people say the album sucks. It's just a cover album, nothing to be taken too seriously. It's like GN'R's version of the stuff Izzy, Snakepit etc have done. Just a fun record, not supposed to be a follow up to the UYI albums.

/jarmo

Now that's a good answer! I totally agree to that..
RichardNixon
« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2005, 12:54:53 AM »

I think it's a good album. If you are really into punk, I could see why you wouldn't like it, 'cause it's rather glossy. But a fine album. I like 90 percent of it.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: