Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:34:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  The worst music videos
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The worst music videos  (Read 8498 times)
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2004, 10:21:41 PM »

>> im a fan of theirs but i just dont get their videos

In that case...

from Heavier Than Heaven:

What "Heart-Shaped Box" meant to Kurt is best surmised by the treatment he wrote for the song's video. Kurt envisioned it starring William S. Burroughs, and he wrote Burroughs begging him to appear in the video. "I realize that stories in the press regarding my drug use may make you think that this request comes from a desire to parallel our lives," he wrote. "Let me assure you, this is not the case." But exactly what Kurt hoped to achieve by casting the writer was never clear. In his attempt to convince Burroughs to participate, he had offered to obscure the writer's face, so that no one other than Kurt would know of his cameo. Burroughs declined the invitation.

Both the In Utero album and "Heart-Shaped Box" video were obsessed with images of birth, death, sexuality, disease, and addiction. There were several versions of the video made, and a battle over who originated the ideas eventually caused Kurt to split with video director Kevin Kerslake, who promptly sued Kurt and Nirvana; Anton Corbijn completed the final cut, which included shots of Kurt's growing collection of dolls. The released video centered around a junkie-looking elderly Jesus dressed as the Pope, wearing a Santa hat while being crucified in a field of poppies. A fetus hangs from a tree, and reappears crammed inside an IV bottle being fed into Jesus, who has moved to a hospital room. Krist, Dave, and Kurt are shown in a hospital room waiting for Jesus to recover. A giant heart with a crossword puzzle inside it appears, as does the Aryan girl, whose white KKK hat turns to black. And throughout these images, Kurt's faces continues to charge the camera. It is an absolutely striking video, and all the more remarkable because Kurt privately told his friends that many of these images were from his dreams.

Wow thats deep. thanx

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Is he struggling?
Rocker

Why are you reading this?

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2004, 05:52:54 PM »

Prince  -When Doves Cry
Nice song, shame about the video. Its the shots of Prince crawling out of the bath (never mind the running water the symbolism) arthritic dancing by various members of the Revolution, The so 80's visual effects that mess it up. And the crappy tear running down the face at the end. I suppose there wasn't much time and money left over from the @Purple Rain' film.

It's been too long since you've had your ass kicked properly!:

www.reverbnation.com/papersun
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2004, 11:22:27 PM »

Crazy Nights by Loudness.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL