Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:51:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227811 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Springsteen is supporting Kerry. What about Axl & Slash ?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Springsteen is supporting Kerry. What about Axl & Slash ?  (Read 26467 times)
Taz
Banned
Headliner

Axl forever

« on: October 08, 2004, 08:04:23 AM »

Bruce Springsteen is on tour (with other artists) supporting the White House candidate John Kerry and Eminem (like a moron) will release an anti-Bush album after the election. What about Axl & Slash ?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 08:59:23 AM »

Axl and Slash aren't working together anymore.

Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 09:02:55 AM »

I'm glad Axl or slash arent out trying to peddle voters. I loose Respect for Bruce and John Fogerty when they are out supporting a Billionaire like Kerry. Its one thing to register people, its another to tell them how to vote, thats against all rock n roll

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 10:01:11 AM »

Well, it appears hard enough for Axl to get out of his house at the moment so I hardly think he's gonna be out lobbying for either. It'll be a miracle if he gets to a polling station (unless you can vote by post in the US?)

Anyway, Slash would be Kerry (he's already taken part in anti war events so Bush is unlikely).

I think its good that musicians keep out of politics (unless its for a good cause like dropping debt), although I think writing about politics and expressing your opinions through music is fine if thats what inspires you

Here today...ready to rock
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 10:42:18 AM »

I think its good that musicians keep out of politics

I totally agree. Music and policy are two different things. Besides, Axl Rose is an American citizen and he may have his own personal politic point of vue, and it's his personal life. Who cares? I mean the man is here to make music, this is his passion and his job .
Endly, here in France there are a lots of artists who speak about policy, most of them are ultra-communist stupid persons (you know the "artists" think they will "change the world" and blablabla...), and they really say bullshits when they speak about policy. They'd better make good music and do their job instead of speacking about what they don't know. On top of that, they are not very intelligent persons, when you stoped school at 15 you shouldn't speak about policy, it's for intelligent people.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 10:56:10 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2004, 11:02:22 AM »

Going to school doesn't make you intelligent or vice versa.

It might make you educated but there's other ways you can get educated on things like world affairs.

Yeah, it's horrible when people decide to use their spotlight for important issues that affect people instead of just talking about how many groupies they have...  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2004, 11:14:37 AM »

alright, what I tries to explain is that you need a minimum of intellectual background to speak about very complex things that happen in the world. Unfortunately this is not the case of most rockers who spend there time drinking beer.
1 year ago, I went to a Radiohead concert at "Paris-Bercy", the opening band spent their time screaming "fuck bush fuck USA", I don't like bush but come on I wanted to jump onstage and told him to shut up. I didn't come to see a guy? talking about policy and screaming BS on the microphone, I didn't pay for that, I was here to listen to music, do you see what I mean? make music, do your job, that's it. That's why people were here that night, it was for music not policy.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 11:22:03 AM by nesquick » Logged

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2004, 11:28:38 AM »

Imagine if politicians started to play music??? Tony Blair always looks outa place with a guitar in his hand.

Seriously, I have no issues with using the spotlight to support a political cause (e.g. Bon world debt, Geldolf starving in Africa)...but fraternising with politicians (who usually have an alterior motive) and preaching ideologies is all a bit too much when you are at a concert (although that makes me feel a little hyproctitical as no one complains when Marilyn Manson bangs on about government church etc at his concerts)

And one other thing...look at Arnold Schwanznegger...he makes me cringe on tv

gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2004, 11:39:57 AM »

If I had to guess, I'd say Axl leans toward Bush and Slash toward Kerry.  I remember reading that Slash played at two peace marches, but if I had to guess, I would say he was there just to play in front of people, but of course I could be wrong.  Slash is a pretty liberal guy, though, which is great for the image of Gn'r and VR.  Axl, on the other hand, seems to be rather socially conservative, and supported the Gulf War in 1991.  He has said bad things about government, which makes me think he won't vote at all, but he might be in Bush' category.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2004, 11:42:53 AM »

Scharzennegger is another story. He is 56, had a brillant actor career and is qualified with a MBA of economic and business. That guy isn't stupid at all you know...he is a very clever man. Most actors are clever persons. Beeing an actor is a pretty intellectual job. Besides, it seems he is doing a good job as governor of California.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 11:46:46 AM by nesquick » Logged

SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2004, 12:23:31 PM »

Tommy hates Bush, he called him 'a lousy president' , and Jesse Malin went even further and called him 'a fucking nazi! hihi peace

There's an expression that goes sort of like this....tell me who your friends are and I'll tell you who are''....

well...if Tommy is friends with Axl.....Id say axl hates Bush as well...lets remember AXL 2004 is not the little redneck hick from indiana anymore...he has travelled the world, educated him self, known people,  'I bet a lot of people in here didnt know what 'rhiad and the bedouins'' was all about...

What's so civil about war anyway  smoking

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2004, 12:26:37 PM »

what is rhiad and the bedouins all about? I guess its not a bunch of nomads in Suadi?

P.S. I don't think that touring the world is quite the same as travelling, do we know that Axl has travelled outside of South America?

bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2004, 12:29:02 PM »

it's so sad when some music or sports stars suported or not suported some politicians!!!!
axl is real rock star,and i like his attitude about this
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2004, 12:46:19 PM »

Rhiad is a name...maybe he met someone named rhiad ? Huh Idunno

there's also a story that may have nothing to do with it :

http://www.tragena.net/html/history.php

The bedouins are an arab people who traditionally have been nomadic herders in the deserts of the Middle East. Almost all of the approx. 1 million bedouins are muslims and speak some form of the Arabic language.

The bedouins who follow their traditional way of life travel the deserts seeking fresh water and pastureland for their camels, goats, and sheep. They live in tents and wear clothing made from the skin and hair from their animals. The Bedouins eat mostly dairy products, dates and rice. They trade with the? people in nearby villages for knives, ports and other goods.
The Bedouins are proud and extremely independent. (sometimes country frontieres are meaningless to them) they live by a moral code that emphazises such values as courage, generosity and tribal loyalty. Insults to their pride sometimes leads to bloody feuds between tribes.

Nowadays, nations in the middle east encourage the Bedouins to settle, giving them land to harvest.

+ Do you honestly think a rich man will stay in his mansion in malibu doing nothing for ten years besides tweaking CHIDEM ? I would travel my ass off all around the world If I were rich.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 12:48:18 PM by SON OF A PREACHER » Logged

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2004, 12:53:09 PM »

there are lots of bedouins in the Negev desert in Israel, in the south of Israel. I saw some of them, They are very cool people and they are very appreciated.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 12:54:57 PM by nesquick » Logged

Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2004, 12:59:35 PM »

We know Dizzy doesn't like Bush and probably support Kerry (it was in a recent article where he talked a bit about politics). Slash did a couple of anti-war concerts last year so I would say he leans towards Kerry. Axl...I really have no idea and I don't think it's that important to know.

jaknudsen
Rocker

I'm a mule!

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2004, 01:45:56 PM »

Anyway, Slash would be Kerry (he's already taken part in anti war events so Bush is unlikely)

This may be a little OT, but I've never heard Kerry being against the war in Iraq, just the way it's executed.

looooooooove's sooooo straaange

2006-06-28 Oslo, NOR
2010-06-02 Oslo, NOR
2018-07-19 Oslo, NOR
2022-06-15 Stavanger, NOR
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2004, 01:54:45 PM »

Is Slash an American citizen?  Huh As far as I know (according to Snakepit.org) Slash is not into politics he hardly ever voted.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2004, 02:20:57 PM »

I loose Respect for Bruce and John Fogerty when they are out supporting a Billionaire like Kerry

Yeah man...they should be supporting a billionaire like Bush.? Roll Eyes? Stupid me, I thought they were supporting the guy whose beliefs they shared...turns out its his money they want as president. Undecided

I would assume, based on a song like "Civil War," that Axl is opposed to war.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 02:27:28 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2004, 02:26:15 PM »

I would assume, based on a song like "Civil War," that Axl is opposed to war.

Not every War... He supported the Gulf war, and as I remember he even made a rant about it.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: