Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:23:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  New Gn'R Guitarist Found?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Gn'R Guitarist Found?  (Read 88815 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2004, 12:49:20 PM »

i still believe that Brain will quit....

Brain is supposed to go back to GN'R after the Tom Waits tour.

/jarmo

belief has nothing to do with facts...

Ok, so you have proof Brain is going to leave GN'R. Would you like to share that proof with the rest of the board?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2004, 12:51:44 PM »

i still believe that Brain will quit....

Brain is supposed to go back to GN'R after the Tom Waits tour.

/jarmo

belief has nothing to do with facts...

Ok, so you have proof Brain is going to leave GN'R. Would you like to share that proof with the rest of the board?

/jarmo

no, i just meant that not everything you believe in can be proven, like the existence of god....
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2004, 12:53:44 PM »

I hope this guy isn't the answer. Iam having a hard time believing that bucket is gone for good. Til we hear officially, I won't believe that this guy, ajax, john 5 or even fortus himself has taken over the second lead.  I don't think that being from a rap/metal band helps out the new gnr's image before its critics, but this guy must be damn impressive if they are willing to take that chance.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2004, 12:57:51 PM by killingvector » Logged

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2004, 12:57:41 PM »

I don't think that being from a rap/metal band helps out the new gnr's image before it's critics

Surely it won't matter what his background is, it's not as if GN'R are gonna start doing rap-metal.  Surely not...!?!  hihi

To me as long as he's decent and it gets the album going or gets them on stage, that's all that matters.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2004, 01:02:36 PM »

...please...what is a freak?

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2004, 01:04:53 PM »

someone who doesn'T behave what you would call normal....
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2004, 01:07:46 PM »

you ever seen a pic of darknemus?  Wink

shaun
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2004, 01:10:07 PM »

I sure hope they do not delay CD to re_record all BH's parts. Even if he isn't in the band, i still want to hear CD with BH playing on it  ok
Slipdisc
VIP

~Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur~

« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2004, 01:12:16 PM »

Thal is a very talented musician, going for him as a replacement for Buck is a very logical choice. Thal has expressed deep admiration for Buck's crazy style and musicianship in quite a couple of interviews in the past. I don't rate Thal as a guitarplayer of Buck's caliber (certainly not), but the moment he joins the band he would definately (without a doubt) be the best guitarplayer in the current new gnr.

-PEACE-

The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2004, 01:13:18 PM »

this guy is supposedly replacing buckethead who supposedly replaced slash who is a hardcore bluesy guitarist.. and i find it quite funny how one of his songs are called "i cant play the blues" or somethin like that..  hihi

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2004, 01:17:10 PM »

I love this board.  I visit it 2 or 3 times a day.  And almost every day there is someone that cracks me up.  Today it is the fact that there are people on this board that actually believe that there is a 2nd and 3rd album in the works right now.   rofl rofl 

Axl can't get one album out in 10 years and yet there are some that think the delays must have to do with the fact that they are working on album number 2 already.  Please people, can't you see the absolute lunacy in that reasoning?

As for the topic, this guy looks 1,000,000 times more normal than BH, but his style of play, based on those posted mp3s, is just as annoying as BHs style.  He would probably make a good replacement and if he does come to nuGNR, he will be the convenient excuse for no CD until next summer (followed of course by news that Fall 2005 is the timeframe ...  then Winter 2005, etc).

-TyRod-
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2004, 01:31:58 PM »

Thank You.
Now, I think the ron thal rumour is...welll, just a rumour. As soon as there won't be an official statement (press release, confirmation by a band member etc/...), I won't believe it.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2004, 01:33:39 PM »

Thank You.
Now, I think the ron thal rumour is...welll, just a rumour. As soon as there won't be an official statement (press release, confirmation by a band member etc/...), I won't believe it.

it's funny that after so many years of wait there are new ways of being funny.
estranged.1098
« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2004, 01:55:04 PM »

Axl can't get one album out in 10 years and yet there are some that think the delays must have to do with the fact that they are working on album number 2 already.? Please people, can't you see the absolute lunacy in that reasoning?

Believe it or not, you don't need to have an album out to start recording more songs. It's been said by a lot of people that Guns has recorded more than 1 album's worth of material.

I think it's stupid to think they will delay Chinese Democracy to finish work on songs they plan to release 1 year later but I don't remember reading that in this thread.

Oh, and to read that BH's guitar abilities is annoying made me laugh while listening to Madagascar... thank you.? ok
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2004, 02:01:38 PM »

From the Bumblefoot forum.? Bumblefoot wrote:

Yeah, true. Have yet to speak with Axl - spoke to their engineer about when to come out and lay geetar tracks on the album, spoke to their manager about lotsa stuff, their keyboardist Chris, but that's all that's been goin' on so far. Hopefully we'll have some action before the year's end - or at least a definite answer on whether we'll be moving forward together or not.

When to lay guitar tracks on the album.? If thats the case we are seriously fucked.

He's been talking to Chris? As in Chris Pittman? How far down the damn GNR chain of command is that !?!

As said before, this all sounds just like the AJAX fiasco from a while back. Does anyone remember who shot that one down? Was it mysteron? Even if it wasn't, maybe he can get some info on this.
Caligula13
Banned
Rocker

i am near the exit

« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2004, 02:02:46 PM »

Bumblefoot is jewish. maybe that'S what GNR needs.
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2004, 02:28:19 PM »

Oh, God no...Bumblefoot looks almost exactly like that guy from the Backstreet Boys!!  crying

kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

Found a head and an arm in the garbage can

« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2004, 02:28:43 PM »

Bumblefoot is jewish. maybe that'S what GNR needs.
you've finally figured it out

"This board isn't supposed to be a fucking smiley festival"-Jarmo 3-19-03
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2004, 02:34:17 PM »

I think  Chris said to this guy, hey BH left the band maybe you should talk to axl about joing the band and maybe come in and lay down some tracks.  Because the guy even said he has not talked to Axl yet, what does that tell  you?

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
SINSHINE
VIP

"I knew the storm was getting closer!"

« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2004, 02:43:42 PM »

Oh, God no...Bumblefoot looks almost exactly like that guy from the Backstreet Boys!!? crying

Funny...that's the first thing I thought of too  rofl

"You could have a steam train...if you'd just lay down your tracks!" - P. Gabriel
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 20 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: