Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 10:27:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  weightlifting, gym rats, bodybuilders,
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: weightlifting, gym rats, bodybuilders,  (Read 54052 times)
Evolution
« Reply #140 on: March 21, 2006, 06:16:43 PM »

You can't choose where you loose weight either..

When you lose weight, does the difference you can see appear at random locations?
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #141 on: March 21, 2006, 06:31:48 PM »

If you could see me you'd know I don't work out much!  Tongue

To try and get fit though I've been playin 5 a side with the boys from work on a Sunday night!

it's working a treat aswell!!

That's a hatrick for Doull
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #142 on: March 21, 2006, 06:38:23 PM »

You can't choose where you loose weight either..

When you lose weight, does the difference you can see appear at random locations?

Well depending where you loose it it can be your face thinning out or you arms or your thighs... Stomach can be the last, the love handles ,or the rolls in your lower back
Evolution
« Reply #143 on: March 22, 2006, 05:13:49 AM »

Ah I see, thanks.
sandman
Legend

« Reply #144 on: March 22, 2006, 08:28:04 AM »

question, and i'd appreciate anyone's thoughts.

i'm just getting back into training. the days i make it to the gym vary, but i usually make it 3 or 4 times a week.

i'd like to get on a 3-day split. i've been doing the following:

Day 1 - back, bi's
Day 2 - chest, tri's
Day 3 - shoulders, legs

anyone else hit every muscle within 3 days? if so, what muscles do you train each day?

my goal is to go 4 times a week, so each week i'm doing one of the Days twice (week 1 i'd hit back and bi's twice, week 2 i'd hit chest and tri's twice, etc.).

is this too much?

like i said, any thoughts would be appreciated. 

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #145 on: March 22, 2006, 05:03:44 PM »

Ive actually done that before.

Bi's and back together are  good cause u use biceps while doing back so it works them both well, same with Tri's and chest.

I dont see any harm in doing a 4th day, Id rotate them though like u said so each week u are workin a different one twice.

looks good though!

Weight loss is different for each individual.

for me, i lose it in my back,face,chest and upper stomach first.

then I lose it off the legs,arms next

the lower stomach seems to come off last which i am thankfully on now.

I have lost about an inch and half off my waist over the last month so its finally coming off the area i want it to come off.

Yesterday was a great workout

I ran for 1 hour 5 minutes burning off 1000 calories

I then sit for 30 minutes in the sauna, 15 minutes in the steam room

i came home ate, relaxed went back down to the gym and did 12 sets for back, 9 sets for triceps and hit the sauna for 30 more minutes.

Great workout I burnt off probably close to 1,500 calories yesterday.

And Im bout to go and do it all again.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #146 on: March 25, 2006, 08:24:50 AM »

d you do way to much.. Never expect strength gains during this extreme calorie loss...  Sitting in these hot rooms will lower testosterone. Reason your nuts hang low is to keep them a few degrees cooler then your body temp.. Even if you are just inot weight loss this sounds like a fat muscle loss system.. Anytime you read a pro's diet secrets steam room is never part of it.. maybe clean out your skin

Simple cardio in the am weights in the pm with small healthy meals
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #147 on: March 26, 2006, 03:13:14 PM »

Right now Im basically in a strip down mode.

Im trying to pry every inch of body fat off through intense cardio programs and Im only lifting right now to keep toned.

Once I lose bout 10 more pounds, Im cutting the cardio way down, pickin back up the supplements and gonna concentrate strictly on weight lifting, gaining back strength and muscle.

I hate losing strength but Ive lost over 30 pounds and Ive never been able to drop a huge amount of weight while maintaining strength, so I just kind of take the loss of some muscle and? strength as part of the deal to ultimately get the body ive always wanted.

I get depressed when I think of the strength ive lost but ill get it back.

at 240 i benched 325
at 215 i can bench around 240-245

but i havent? worked on a bench in almost a year, i do strict dumbells now, I do lower weight, higher reps.

In my pic on the forum in that black shirt I was 218, I went through a bad period in life and gained about 50 pounds up to almost 270.

I looked like shit, now im back to 215 and looking like that pic again for the most part, in that pic my arms were about 17.5/18 pumped, now my arms are about 17/17.5 pumped but im full confident once I get down to bout 200 pounds and start my massive weight training/protein/supplement  program, it may take a few months but Ill be back to full strength and muscle mass.

This time is the last time though, Ill never get back out of shape again i dont care what happens or what kind of tragedies i face in the future, Ill never stop again.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2006, 03:16:38 PM by D? » Logged

axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #148 on: March 26, 2006, 03:43:53 PM »

Fucking hell you take all this a bit serious dont u?

Is it worth it

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #149 on: March 26, 2006, 04:54:52 PM »

Fucking hell you take all this a bit serious dont u?

Is it worth it
\
depends if you want to look a certain way... This isn't like basketball where you have a talent and can get by with natural ability.. Sure some Bodybuilders or powerlifters are genetically gifted, but most have to bust some serious ass and live around it 24 hours a day to achieve something special in muscle...

Look at how many fat fuckers spend years looking like shit yet they bust their hump at the gym constantly..  The gym is only  asmall part of success, the rest is how you eat, how often what you eat how much you sleep.. it's really a science that most fail at..
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #150 on: March 27, 2006, 02:04:02 AM »

Its sad really

I moved here to Chattanooga Tn about 9 months ago and joined the YMCA.

since that time Ive lost around 30 pounds, cut probably 10 percent off my body fat and I keep making gains weekly.

I see people workin their ass off and they dont look any different now than how they looked when I started.

so some people bust their ass for years and never see any results, I know they must go home at night and do some serious fucking eating.

I take in 2,000 calories a day and still lose 2 to 3 pounds a week.

I just cant wait to get rid of this last 15 pounds so I can start back focusing on the weight lifting and mass building part of it all.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #151 on: March 27, 2006, 05:18:26 AM »

2000 calories a week and lose 2-3 pounds a week, that is drastic.. A pound to two tops weekly during weight loss otherwise muscle comes off too.. All gains muscle wise mass wise always come during the off season for any pro, no one makes gains during extreme diet muscle wise that is.. If it wors for you fine, but I wouldn't go so drastic... I mean D if you worked out in a field breaking ass 10 hours a day and ate eevry few hours but kept loosing I could understand but doing it on purpose at that rate is a bit much..  Take things slow and you'll kep more muscle..
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #152 on: March 28, 2006, 10:38:52 PM »

I am a maniac though, I dont know, its like I just go all out and feel like shit if I dont.

The flip side of the coin is though, I do the same once I start my hardcore weighttraining, i am just as maniacal about it as i am the cardio.

I am a classic Ectomorph, I have always slapped on muscle pretty easily, so Im not too concerned, im still thick as hell and muscular.

I dont do that every single day though, I do that hardcore runnin bout 3 to 4 times a week.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 04:43:03 PM by D? » Logged

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #153 on: March 29, 2006, 09:41:03 AM »

3 to 4 times a day? Are you a Greek god?

I have a question. The gym's around here that are worth the monthly payment all want that 12 month bollocks... I'm moving away in about 6, so I'm going to wait until then to start going to the gym.

So for the moment I'm doing quite a bit of running, some leg work and then just using free weights, with an aim just to tone up, look better, feel good and run three hundred miles a day, like Donnie. Well, not that last one.

Is there anything that you guys would recommend putting into my schedule, which is something like a short run twice a week, one of medium length another 2 and then a long run once a week; weights on the weekdays and then push ups, sit ups... What else would you say is worth doing?

(Okay, so that isn't strictly on topic... But hell, you guys know what you're talking about.)

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #154 on: March 29, 2006, 09:55:11 AM »

3 to 4 times a day? Are you a Greek god?

I have a question. The gym's around here that are worth the monthly payment all want that 12 month bollocks... I'm moving away in about 6, so I'm going to wait until then to start going to the gym.

So for the moment I'm doing quite a bit of running, some leg work and then just using free weights, with an aim just to tone up, look better, feel good and run three hundred miles a day, like Donnie. Well, not that last one.

Is there anything that you guys would recommend putting into my schedule, which is something like a short run twice a week, one of medium length another 2 and then a long run once a week; weights on the weekdays and then push ups, sit ups... What else would you say is worth doing?

(Okay, so that isn't strictly on topic... But hell, you guys know what you're talking about.)

Yea same question!

Except I aint goin runnin, dont like it!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #155 on: March 29, 2006, 04:50:14 PM »

I meant 3 to 4 times a week!!!

LOL

Bad typo.

Its hard recommending running, cause I dont know your fitness level. the experts say to run three times a week, say for instance on Monday,Wednesday, and Friday, me personally I run extremely hard 3 days a week and then 2 days I do kind of a medium run.

So if I run for an hour 3 days, the other 2 i may run for 30 minutes.

Mike will have to help u on pushups, Ive heard U can do em everyday but Dont quote me on that cause Im not 100 percent sure.

with weights its important to hit all the body parts at least once a week.

I love lifting one body part a day but its hard as hell to keep that schedule, so the best way in my opinion is to do two body parts 3 days and then some auxillaries on a 4th day.

for example

Monday Chest-triceps  some people do push/pull methods which means u would do chest with say biceps
Tuesday Shoulders-Legs
Thursday Back-Biceps or if u do the push/pull  back/triceps or some do back/shoulders
Saturday auxillaries forearms,calves,shoulder shrugs

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #156 on: March 29, 2006, 07:59:51 PM »

Pushups I would just do every other day... I mean you "can" do them each day but I see no reason to...

if I had no weights I would hit the play ground and do dips, pullups and pushups with different hand widths and leg elevations
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #157 on: March 29, 2006, 08:29:43 PM »

When all the gyms closed where I lived Id do pushups and dips using a chair and a crate, I had a 15 pound guitar amplifier and I would hold it by the handle and do endless sets of curls alternating arms until I felt a great burn.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #158 on: May 19, 2006, 03:38:34 PM »

Okay gym boys, I've been using free weights for about a month or two now. As I say, I'm not joining a gym for at least a few months (because I can't.....) but I am doing it 5 days out of 7. I have a bench as well, so.....

I've been mixing about my routine to try and find one that I am comfortable with, and I am at a level right now where I can do a decent set with the the right ammount of weight to do about 12 reps.

I'm looking to find a schedule to stick to now, but I'm not too sure what is most beneficial... I like days when I hit every body part, but I would like to spread it out. Say I do do Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, as said above, how many sets do you think I should do for each body part? Should they be the same exercise or different; for example, changing between dumbell and barbell, how should I mix it up... How many different types of excercise for a single body part in each session, how many the same?

At the moment I'm not looking to get huge, I'm going to try and get into running bigtime, just definition...

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
badapple81
« Reply #159 on: May 21, 2006, 12:03:51 AM »

Jim I kinda got to where you are up to earlier in the year. I was going so well and then I kinda found it difficult when I changed the routine to really concentrate on say two body parts per session and really smash those (which I was advised to do - concentrate on one or two muscle groups per session). I had started to kinda plateau out in terms of progress so I changed.. I found it a bit too much and lost motivation.

On Friday I returned and started from scratch again after like 5 months out (I've lost all my work and progress and am back to skin and bones again) and I am still sore now big time! I am going back tomorrow though! I am really moviated.. just hope I can keep going this time!  hihi
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: