Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 06:40:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  Slide/Capo ?'s
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slide/Capo ?'s  (Read 1683 times)
gtaxe25
Opening Act

« on: October 23, 2004, 06:03:21 PM »

I'm looking for a slide to use for both my electric and acoustic guitars.  I wanted to buy the Dunlop 220 but I think it's only for electrics.  Should I just buy the 220 and use it with my acoustic? or will that damage the fretboard/strings somehow?

I also wanted to buy the Dunlop Trigger Capo but I'm not sure wether to get the flat or curved because I don't know what part of the fretboard to look at to figure out if it's flat or curved. Could someone tell me?

Are there any universal Capos/slides out there that I can use with any type of guitar? 
BarryMak
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2004, 09:05:47 AM »

hey,
as far as i know, and really as far as i care slides are slides, doesnt matter what you use them on.  I'd prefer a steel or some sort of metal one, whatever they make it out of, no glass.

And when they talk about curved capos, i'm pretty sure they mean the back of the neck. thats curved, but pretty much all capos will fit you guitar, trigger ones are great, but if youre looking for one that isnt real big or gets in the way, go with one of those wrap around clamp style guys. the only real differnce is you can move the trigger style capos around really easy in the middle of a song if you need to, i've never come across a song that required me to change the capo mid-tune

so in review
A slide is a slide, go metal or steel, no glass, use for both acoustic and electric
"curved capos" are referring to the back of the neck, if you see one that isnt curved steer clear of it, i cant imagine how it would be better, let alone usefull in any way.

hope i could help
good luck,
Chris
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: