Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:08:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Ashlee Simpson Lip Sync Fiasco - Video Here
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ashlee Simpson Lip Sync Fiasco - Video Here  (Read 5169 times)
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« on: October 25, 2004, 07:07:35 PM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA caught lip snycing on national live tv!!! It doesn't get any better!!!!

http://content.collegehumor.com/news/ashlee_snl.wmv

I like the band members laughing at each other and the immediate cut to commercial.......
« Last Edit: October 25, 2004, 09:59:17 PM by KeVoRkIaN » Logged

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2004, 07:21:03 PM »

I bet she felt so fucking stupid.  And what was up with that dumb ass dance she did???  What an idiot.  I read  about this earlier today and apparently in an interview awhile back she said how against lip synching she was and that she would never do it.  Sad thing is, she blamed her band for this at first and said they started playing the wrong song.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2004, 07:27:42 PM »

Damn that was on SNL!! that's funny.

Check her very first moves, doesn't she remind you of somene we are all familiar here?
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2004, 07:31:26 PM »

Meh, if you're lip-synching at a live performance, you're asking for it.? Something could always go wrong with the tapes, and if it does, you're left there looking like an idiot, which is what happened here to Ashlee Simpson.? All I can think right here is that, for all of his vocal flaws at Guns N' Roses 2002 VMA Performance, at least Axl had the balls to sing it live, like a real musician should.? After all, that's what REAL life performance is all about - performing live.

Check her very first moves, doesn't she remind you of somene we are all familiar here?

I was thinking that too, actually.  Not the greatest tribute (or even a real one), but it'll do.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2004, 07:37:15 PM »

haha this was funny  rofl But I can't believe she blamed her band that was very low down.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2004, 07:47:28 PM »

who did she remind u all of with those dance moves?? surely not axl or scott, dont diss scott or axl that bad but im interested in who u all think she was copyin.

the band played the right song, the person started the tape early and then forgot to start it on time and didnt start it till the first bridge that goes *ohhhh with u i fall so fast, when i blah blah blah your all i have*******

and by then it was too late and she left.

You have to sing live if u are a musician! for better or worse!

Remember when Lisa Marie Presley sang live at some awards show, damn it was horrific but at least she tried.

i like ashlee simpson actually and she can sing, ive heard her sing live and she is ok, i mean she isnt great but its passable so i dont understand why she didnt just sing. *maybe she had laryngitis or wasnt feelin well.

However like Kelly osborne its more who they are related 2 being the main reasonwhy they got a deal, if they were a nobody on the street i dont think they would get that chance.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2004, 08:15:46 PM »

MSN said she was dancing like Axl.  Lips Sealed
Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2004, 08:36:56 PM »

maybe she had laryngitis or wasnt feelin well.

Well Mr. Sting sang the whole unplugged with fever and laryngitis, I'm just bringing this out just for the record nothing more  Roll Eyes

No man can be my equal
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2004, 09:19:36 PM »

GOOD! That's funny as fuck and I am glad to see that shit happen. One thing I am tired of is people who excuse this stuff by saying britney or lyp*sync or whoever dances so they can't sing at the same time. People can play an instrument and sing at the same time and theres no way you can tell me that's easier. Look at Axl running all over in any concert vids and still singing for himself. Plus don't people on broadway sing and dance at the same time? she got what se deserved and I am gonna watch it agian now and have a few laughs on her tab.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2004, 09:28:30 PM »

Ashlee Simpson Falls to "Pieces"
(E! Online, 10/25/2004 5:20 PM)

By Sarah Hall

This just might be an incident Ashlee Simpson will want to omit from her autobiography.

The raven-haired popster was caught in a Milli Vanilli-esque moment during her performance on Saturday Night Live over the weekend.

As Simpson bopped around onstage at the start of her second performance of the night, her voice launched into "Pieces of Me," the song she had already played earlier in the show. Strangely, her microphone was nowhere near her mouth...which was closed.

Apparently dazed, Simpson peered desperately at her bandmembers, then broke into a bizarre, high-kicking jig before slinking off the stage in disgrace. Her band played on for several more moments before SNL cut to commercial.

At the show's end, a humiliated Simpson stood onstage next to host Jude Law and apologized for the incident, making sure to quickly place the blame elsewhere.

"I feel so bad," Simpson said. "My band started playing the wrong song. I didn't know what to do, so I thought I'd do a hoedown."

That explains the cringe-worthy jig but not how the band could possibly be responsible for the mystery vocals.

More:  http://launch.yahoo.com/read/news.asp?contentID=219956

You know, Milli Vanilli ran off stage if I remember correctly.  Why did this chick hang around and do that terrible dance?  That was the icing on the cake for me.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2004, 09:57:39 PM »

the band did play the wrong song then cause they started playin pieces of me again. Maybe they werent really playin their instruments either.

very strange stuff, maybe she was sabotaged!!!!!!!!!

u can tell when people are lip synching

a lot of times however people have the backin track goin and basically sing a long to their own voice i guess to help stay on key etc. eminem did this at the vma's, he was rappin along with himself and some other singers have done this.

u gotta sing it live, i dont wanna hear a cd and watch u lip synch.

Sting is a legend Dick Purple, lets not put her in that category, sure sting can do it, but i dont think she can.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2004, 10:01:52 PM »

I guess the question is - if it was a computer error...why not start singing the right lyrics.....provided the mic was on..... rofl

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
darkdays_01
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2004, 10:07:43 PM »

What a cop out blaming your band.  If you watched her little reality show on MTV it was a proven fact that the girl isn't a great singer, she really, really struggled getting the songs down in the studio, but she is just a puppet for her greedy parents, they really pushed her , from what i gathered by watching her show.
Sterlingdog
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2004, 10:40:46 PM »

I guess now her dad is saying her voice was a little croaky so he said she should use the voice track.  He says its the first time she's ever used one.   I don't buy it.  But its a good story. 
Mama Kin
VIP

It's Just a Ride

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2004, 11:43:42 PM »

The band wasn't playing either. If you watch the video, you'll see the music starts without the band playing either. At least they kept pretending to play afterwards, while trying not to laugh their asses off. Anyway, it was the bands fault, it was the soundboards fault, she lost her voice....Either way, she got busted....Doesn't matter whom she chooses to blame it on.

Learn to swim, I'll see you down in Arizona Bay
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2004, 08:48:07 PM »

(In best Ashton Kutcher Voice) YOU JUST GOT MILLI VINILLIED!

ok

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: