Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 04:05:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  classic greatest bands of all time that u cannot get into.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: classic greatest bands of all time that u cannot get into.  (Read 16738 times)
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2004, 08:30:30 PM »

1) Led Zeppelin/ I like about 4 songs, the rest (and don't tell me to get fucked as it's my opinion) are complete trash. Their songs besides a few have absolutely no fucking meaning. Their singer is boring as shit on stage. John Bonham and Jimmy are great.

2) The Doors/ Besides break on thru to the otherside the rest is unispiring bullshit.

3)Judas Priest/ Can't stand 1 song.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #41 on: November 01, 2004, 01:06:21 AM »

Metallica

strangely i like the band members, i love hearin them speak *especially Lars* and i respect them as a band, but it would be torture if i had to listen to every metallica song back to back to back.

i like 10-12 songs but i dont know, ive never bought a metallica album

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #42 on: November 01, 2004, 03:11:22 AM »

1) Led Zeppelin/ I like about 4 songs, the rest (and don't tell me to get fucked as it's my opinion) are complete trash. Their songs besides a few have absolutely no fucking meaning.

Yeah same here, Other is Pink Floyd...

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #43 on: November 01, 2004, 07:35:40 AM »

I truly cannot stand Pink Floyd and Rush.

Radiohead sucks as well, save two songs. "Creep" and "Street Spirit (Fade Out)". However, The Darkness' cover of "Street Spirit" blows the original out of the water!

-Jeff

You must be insane. You haven't heard much of OK Computer, have you? Do yourself a favor, go to your closest music store and buy it now. You'll Come back to this thread and edit your post for sure.
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #44 on: November 01, 2004, 11:57:42 AM »

edit:Lemme add some more...
Iron Maiden..gimme a break! I gave these guys a three album chance and all they came up with was cheese! i think they suck..and i like metal by the way....Gimme Pantera or Priest though.

Snap

I also have three Maiden albums and i don't know how three guitarists can be so uninspired - and those awful lyrics..... Pantera, Priest - now we're talking!

Iron Maiden are dull, Metallica and Pantera are real Metal Up Your A**.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2004, 01:22:16 PM »

edit:Lemme add some more...
Iron Maiden..gimme a break! I gave these guys a three album chance and all they came up with was cheese! i think they suck..and i like metal by the way....Gimme Pantera or Priest though.

Snap

Iron Maiden are dull, Metallica and Pantera are real Metal Up Your A**.

I think Iron Maiden is great, but they have realesed dull albums,tho.
 I 'd rather listen to Pantera and Judas Priest is a band that i've learned to love and to respect a lot. yes

If the world would end today... Wink
Lord Blackadder
Rocker

BlAdder

« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2004, 03:12:33 PM »

I refuse to belive that you can't 'get into' Led Zeppelin. Get the DVD that came out the other year or  the How The West Was Won album. It'll make you piss your pants it's so good.

And as far as Queen being 'a bit cheesy' and 'Metal for mums'. Get the new Queen Live At The Bowl DVD, then come back and tell me that. Or wait for the Live Aid DVD, watch Queen's performance. That's how you perform. Fucking brilliant. I can understand some people not liking the 80's poppy stuff they sang in the early 80's, that can be abit cheesey, but the 70's and early 90's stuff rocked as good as Zeppelin, The Who or The Stones.

I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2004, 05:47:01 AM »

1) Led Zeppelin/ I like about 4 songs, the rest (and don't tell me to get fucked as it's my opinion) are complete trash. Their songs besides a few have absolutely no fucking meaning.

Yeah same here, Other is Pink Floyd...

Yeah Pink Floyd also write about something that didn't really happen if ya get me. Like i love GN'R because all of them has a story behind them. It's not like them pretending how they'ed feel being inside someone elses shoes. That's why i think they were very successfull, there songwriting was great.

But i do like Pink Floyd better than Zeppelin

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2004, 11:36:23 AM »

I love music,  I think people have to go out and buy bootlegs of bands though - not just the offical studio albums.  Because that's where the best bands really kick it. Artists like Zepplin, Doors, Queen, GNR, Bowie U2 -  They have really made their mark through their legendary gigs as much as anything else.

There are bands that i find hard to get into Like Radiohead and Pink Floyd - apart from a few songs I like, i get bored it's too much of the same for me.  And i hate that falsetto scream ala Thom Yorke. It Just grinds me sometimes lol

But i know i need to give them a bit more time than i have done.  I'll be honest i couldn't sit and listen to hours of Zepplin - not many bands i could do that with anyway, except for a few. But depends on the mood i am in. The dvd's i could manage i mean i like being visually entertained.

I always make it my aim to seek out their best boot's and really give my time to them.  I would never call any band shit though. I can appriciate them without being a fan.  And music is strange you can hate something for years and then it catches you.

I hated REM's "Everybody hurts" for years. i just didn't get what everyones else seemed to see in it.  But then one morning i'm woken up by it on the radio and it was just like wow that is great. 

And while it's a crap idea, the UK Music Hall of fame programe and retrospetives like that remind you of artists you havent really looked into yet.  I bought 2 Prince albums after watching him on that, i wouldn't call them my fav albums of all time, but great music by a very talented guy. The only album i have bought which i thought was really bad - was HIM Razor Blade suitcase, i thought that was really bad.

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
darkdays_01
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2004, 09:42:53 PM »

Kiss
Aerosmith
Van Halen
Bon Jovi
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2004, 10:05:11 PM »

Have to agree with a lot of you:

Pink Floyd - Having trouble trying to fall asleep? Just pop in one of their cd's.

Pearl Jam - Every song, every chorus, every verse...just bland, muffed, nasal mumbling. Now I can't comment on the depth of their lyrics, but that's because I can't make out a word hes saying...

Led Zeppelin - Use to like them a bit...but then I stopped listening to what Guitar Magazines have to say...You can only take so much of "OOooh baby, hot mama...oooo, I love you". Guess it was right for its time. Still like some songs though.

U2 - I've always disliked U2. My theory on this band is that they gained constant positive reviews from fans by sticking around for a long time and not pissing anyone off.  Seriously, these guys made a point of appealing to everyone and everything, by making songs that aren't too heavy, aren't too soft, aren't too extreme, etc.  I've heard only one song by U2 which I really liked, Seconds.

St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2004, 10:11:13 AM »

Thinking about it, i'd have to include:

Kiss - I was very disspointed after hearing hwo great they were meant to be.  They looked cool but when i actually heard their stuff, it's very weak stuff - great image though.

Bon Jovi - The only thing i have half-liked by them, is the unplugged version of Living on a prayer.  Apart from that,  just way too much cheese.

Def Leppard - again just really weak songs 

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2004, 10:25:52 AM »

Even though I've tried hard  Grin, just because it's suposed to be soooooooo f/**n' good, i've never gotten into Radiohead. The only song I kinda like, the most comercial one by the way, is creep.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2004, 06:59:27 PM »

Even though I've tried hard? Grin, just because it's suposed to be soooooooo f/**n' good, i've never gotten into Radiohead. The only song I kinda like, the most comercial one by the way, is creep.

No, don't say that mi querido amigo. Try " The Bends" first. The album is a master piece. No fillers, every song is 10 times better than "Creep". Play close attention to " Black Star", " Sulk", " Fake Plastic Trees" , "The Bends", " My Iron Lung". Once the album has grown on you ( it will sort of put you in a nice-happy mood) get back to " Pablo Honey" (Creep)
and you'll see the difference.

Don't try "Ok computer" unless you've given "The Bends" a few listens.

By the way, this was your first Radiohead 101 lesson.? Wink
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2004, 12:38:28 AM »

-Moby

-Radiohead (sorry Ignatious)

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2004, 07:22:19 AM »

Even though I've tried hard? Grin, just because it's suposed to be soooooooo f/**n' good, i've never gotten into Radiohead. The only song I kinda like, the most comercial one by the way, is creep.

No, don't say that mi querido amigo. Try " The Bends" first. The album is a master piece. No fillers, every song is 10 times better than "Creep". Play close attention to " Black Star", " Sulk", " Fake Plastic Trees" , "The Bends", " My Iron Lung". Once the album has grown on you ( it will sort of put you in a nice-happy mood) get back to " Pablo Honey" (Creep)
and you'll see the difference.

Don't try "Ok computer" unless you've given "The Bends" a few listens.

By the way, this was your first Radiohead 101 lesson.? Wink

Mi querido amigo:

I'm not saying I hate Radiohead or that I can't stand listening to it. I have "the bends", I have "Pablo Honey", "Ok Computer", "hail to the thief" and "amnesiac " (downloaded all of them of course, I don`t buy music if i don't really really love it). It's just that even though I've tried, it's not for me, that's all. I can listen to it and I think it's not bad, it's just that I think I don't have the "mood" Grin. Anyway, if so much people say they are incredible, I'm not gonna be the one who dishes them. I prefer other type of music, that's all folks!!

Cheers Ignatius beer

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
squeezeboxwho
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: November 25, 2004, 04:40:24 PM »

Ones I never got into are: U2, Queen, Rush, Bon Jovi, The Doors
Sparksry
VIP

Keep Calm and Welcome to the Jungle

« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2006, 06:04:57 PM »

The Romones... INXS...... and U2 are some of the bands i absolutly can not get into and also i cant forget VR lol  ok

So, is there any tread left on the tires? Or at this point would it be like throwing a hot dog down a hallway?
    - Stewie Griffin-
Mandy.
Bitch Queen
Legend

« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2006, 06:18:17 PM »

Led Zeppelin
Aerosmith (I like 1 song and that's it)
Metallica
Kiss
Bon Jovi
Def Lepard
Pearl Jam
The doors
COMAMOTIVE
Legend

At least there's a reaction

« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2006, 07:31:45 PM »

This one is easy for me - and it's not that I just can't get into them - it's that I FUCKING HATE THEM!!!!!!!!!

RUSH
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: