Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:50:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Video games
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Video games  (Read 41322 times)
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« on: November 02, 2004, 03:12:30 PM »

Well seeing a their is a couple of threads about games. I though how about making one big thread for gaming discussion.

So discuss what game you are playing and what upcoming games you are look forward to ,or anything game related.

Right now I'm playing the new

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas- it pretty much the same thing as the other GTA games ,but it's hella fun

ESPN Basketball 2k5 for the Xbox- just as good if not better than the more expensive EA sport title

ESPN Football 2k5  for the Xbox- the same as with the Basketball version

Fable - Fun game but a little to easy and short.

Star Wars Battlefront for the Xbox - good game and it's fun to get to play through all the classic Star Wars battles .

Doom 3 for the PC - cool game but a little slow at the start but picks up .

Looking forward to gettin Halo 2, Narc , and the new Metal Gear Solid game

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2004, 03:33:28 PM »

Video games are slowly turning into shit. The flashy graphics and animations struggle to hide the complete lack of imagination and hunger for money of the game creators.It's kinda like the music buissness. The peak was reached a few years ago with games like C&C Red Alert,Carmageddon,Warcraft 2 or Quake 1. It all went downhill from there.

But of course,there are exceptions,like the GTA games or Championship Manager

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2004, 03:45:31 PM »

Some people just can't except change.   Roll Eyes

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

Found a head and an arm in the garbage can

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2004, 03:59:35 PM »

No, i agree with MadmanDan.  I used to be an avid gamer when i was younger.  I would get so into a game that I wouldn't stop until every corner and ever secret was explored.  I loved games.  However, nowadays, i don't play the new ones at all.  I still own my NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube.  I had a PS2 and had some fond memories with it but gave it to my bro. 

The problem is there's just too damn many games nowadays! I mean a blockbuster game that's been in development for years comes out, and it forgotten in a couple weeks when the next blockbuster comes along.  Its just too much to keep track of.  On top of that, there's too many different consoles out which just complicates things more.  It's just out society's short attention span and need for the flashiest, loudest biggest games that is fueling this trend and sadly, as long as there's a market i don't see the end anytime soon. 

Games aren't very fun anymore.  Their just complicated showcases of technology.  I miss the days of simple, fun innovative games but at least i still have my collection for a rainy day.

"This board isn't supposed to be a fucking smiley festival"-Jarmo 3-19-03
MadmanDan
Legend

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2004, 04:03:29 PM »

Some people just can't except change.? ?Roll Eyes

I bet that's what Good Charlotte fans say about GNR fans...

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2004, 04:05:14 PM »

Their is only three consoles out how is that to many?

Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2004, 04:08:27 PM »

Some people just can't except change.   Roll Eyes

Who cares what Good Charlotte fans think? They're losers! I'm mean if people didn't want change in the gaming industry we would all still be playing games like pacman.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
MadmanDan
Legend

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004, 04:21:58 PM »

Some people just can't except change.? ?Roll Eyes

Who cares what Good Charlotte fans think? They're losers! I'm mean if people didn't want change in the gaming industry we would all still be playing games like pacman.

Surely you see my point. Change is good if it's done for the right reason.But it's not the developers' huge creativity,it's simply the big companies' desire to make a lot of money easy,sure and fast. They don't take risks with new ideas,that might revolutionise the industry,because there is a big chance they won't sell well. Like I said,the exact same thing is happening in the music industry

Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2004, 04:27:58 PM »

The gaming industry has take a lot of risk that have.And it's evovled from  just stuff for kids to stuff that adult like to. 

pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2004, 09:09:28 AM »

What I'm playing:

GTA:SA:? Awesome, awesome fun.

Fable:? Like it so far, on my 2nd playthrough, this time as the evilest character you could imagine...having more fun this time than playing as the goody 2 shoes.? Sick, ain't I?

Tales of Symphonia:? Pretty good RPG, if a bit "kiddie", for the Gamecube.

ESPN College Hoops (last years, STILL):  Hey, I gotta play.  My younger brother is in the damn game.  Besides, gotta polish up my skills for 2k5, coming out very soon....

I've seen, but not yet played, Half Life 2.? You think Doom 3 and Halo 2 look good?? I LAUGH at you.? HAHAHAHA.? Half Life 2, from what I've seen, may just be the best game yet made.? It's that damn good.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2004, 09:13:27 AM by pilferk » Logged

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
zosobob6
Rocker

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2004, 10:32:38 AM »

I am a big video game fan.   I love games.    One problem I have though is the endings.  I dont know why, I am just disapointed with the endings of almost all video games.    The ending to GTA San Andreas is boring, the last mission being way too easy.    I dont know what I expect out of game endings, Im just disapointed.    And also, now days, games do lack imagination.       anyway, some games i have recently bought and played are

GTA San Andreas (great, but i like Vice City better)
Mortal Kombat Deception (really good, one of the best, but all character endings suck)
Star Fox Adventures for the Gamecube.   really good as well.

I am eagerly awaiting Resident Evil 4 next Jan.      I will probably buy Silent Hill 4:The Room and WWE Smackdown vs. Raw soon        hopefully they will be good.
kj_jive
Got troll dolls?
VIP

Found a head and an arm in the garbage can

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2004, 10:43:37 AM »

Their is only three consoles out how is that to many?

More than three counting pc and handhelds.  Because they all have the same games anyway save for a select few that are system exclusive.  And it seems like every few years a new system will come about and be the talk of the town making the others obsolete (sp?).  I just hate how short-lived everything video game related has become.

"This board isn't supposed to be a fucking smiley festival"-Jarmo 3-19-03
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2004, 03:47:36 PM »

im playing

Rainbow Six Black arrow for xbox

Fifa 2005 for xbox

Espn nfl 2k5 for xbox

and im waiting for halo 2 and for metal gear solid 3.

i know many people see the industry like if its worse than a few years ago , i think they totaly wrong , the industry is getting better and better with time , yes of course there are 100 games that sucks , but you have 100 games that are cool , i been playing scenes the atari , nintendo , genesis , playstation , n64 , dreamcast and now with the new consoles , the inovation is there , there are more cool games now than before , i think what people missed is to buy a game and to enjoy that game with out having to worry about the other 30 games that came out the same day and thats because the industry is to big now and you have to keep up , some people dont have the time or the money , so there is a lot of crap in the videogame industry but  there is a lot of fun stuff also .

axls_locomotive
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2004, 04:13:10 PM »

i remember browsing a catalogue of atari games in 1984-5 and there were hundreds of games in it...so its not a new thing to have a wide choice of games...although it was far easier to write a game back then with about 500 lines of code lmao

pro evolution soccer kicks the crap out of fifa football...there is no comparison
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2004, 05:11:34 PM »

As those wonderful people the Oliver Twins would tell you, eh?  Wink

Dizzy the Egg anyone?

I love having a bash at the emulators I have, and I just recently completed Illusion of Time again. It really is an amazing game, and one that I would recommend to absoloutly anyone who liked the original Zelda serious in any way.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2004, 12:20:15 AM »

What I'm playing:

Mario Tennis: N64
NHL '96:  Sega Genesis
Super Mario Brothers 3: Super Ninetendo (my original broke).

GTA is the only new video game I've really gotten into.  I play Vice City occasionally, but haven't tried San Andreas yet.

I love the brown "Keep It Real" T-Shirts with the picture of the original Ninetendo controller.  I don't really get into new video games much, like someone said before, it's just a bunch of the "latest, flashiest thing".
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2004, 01:44:57 AM »

I've still got my Atari for fucks sake nervous

hihi

go Froga

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2004, 04:52:46 AM »

Deluxe Ski Jump  hihi

http://www.mediamond.fi/

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2004, 05:14:34 AM »

i don't see the big deal with GTA
GTA was fun at first, the first one, 2D, top view, that was ok, a new concept.

but since GTA 3 ( and then the numerous useless sequels ...) it sucks. it is so boring.  and so old.
since when ? since the developers started to target the CONSOLE gamers. that is the problem.

console gamers are like the MTV audience, so mainstream, that you have to please everybody, therefore make shitty games.

i still play a lot. i've finished farcry and doom 3, and every new PC games. but it's just a habit. i really don't have that much fun anymore.
i have to get back to abandon wares >>>>       http://gamebird.dk/   (KGB !!!!! that was a game)

well well
we'll see with morowind 2.

lennonisgod
VIP

TWAT

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2004, 03:06:08 PM »

well well
we'll see with morowind 2.

Morrowind 2?  How about Elder Scrolls IV.  Morrowind was part 3 of the Elder Scrolls series.  But the new one does look pretty bad ass.

Social class and registers, Cocaine in the hall, All the way from California...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: