Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:55:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227798 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Music Industry Website
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Music Industry Website  (Read 2524 times)
Chris Misfit
« on: November 13, 2004, 06:41:04 PM »

I know nobody will care, as you're all in the Eminem thread talking about how funny it is when he curses (ItS sO FrEaKiNg kEwL lOl!!!!!1111) Man, I found this pretty cool site from? MRR, with some eye-opening information on how major record labels operate. Check it out!

www.rlabels.com/  (click a rancid amebo homepage blah, then click MRR Major Label thingy. I can't give a direct link as my work comp sucks)

I really hope that link works.

Discuss.......

Or we can sit here discussing what album you'd most like to take to the vet, if your dog was dying of lung cancer.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2004, 06:51:08 PM by Chris Misfit » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2004, 07:48:31 PM »

http://www.arancidamoeba.com/mrr/

ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Chris Misfit
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2004, 07:51:32 PM »

Thank you. ok
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2004, 09:29:49 PM »

I read Steve Albini's article.

It just proves that the big record companies are just after money. Not exactly news....

They blame everything on downloading nowadays. Instead of looking at what they put out.
Now you don't have to buy a cd to get that one good track on it, you can download it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Chris Misfit
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2004, 09:56:22 PM »

It just proves that the big record companies are just after money. Not exactly news....

Some of the articles go into further details regarding indie labels, being the breeders for major labels, coz they such dipshits, they won't support the bands. I've mentioned it before here, and I know Epitaph are at the forefront of "underground major labels" but I didn't realise just how many.

Not that if affects the music, I'm sure loads of bands I like are in the same position. But like, it'd hardly be fair, to the band who are on the indie, and see this other band joining, and getting all the money thrown at them, coz some dick in a suit says they possibly might make it.

Anyway, I digest, I do like a good article that slags off major labels. Oh yes.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2004, 10:03:01 PM »

i think a huge contributor that we have overlooked is radio.

ever wonder why a band will have like a hit single but radio doesnt support any other songs by the band?

like that first single will go top 10 but thats it.

bands dont release a bunch of singles, i think computers destroy music that way cause its computers pickin what songs are played on not DJ's anymore, that sucks.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2004, 08:34:22 AM »

bands dont release a bunch of singles, i think computers destroy music that way cause its computers pickin what songs are played on not DJ's anymore, that sucks.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree radio is a big evil.  BBC Radio 1, supposedly a public broadcaster, is diabolical and pure corporate shit.  But how would a computer choose a song to play??  I don't see how it could.  A song is chosen by someone, though as you say not the DJ.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2004, 08:38:24 AM »

Monopoly.

One owner decides what hundreds of stations should play.

/jarmo

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: