Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 10:58:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Spectacle - VR on tour
| | | | |-+  Slash dressed as bucket, scott as axl for halloween show..
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash dressed as bucket, scott as axl for halloween show..  (Read 43453 times)
tp4ever84
Headliner

GNR For Fucking Ever

« Reply #120 on: November 14, 2004, 06:37:34 PM »

Well Axl could fit in too his afd clothes if he wanted all he would have to do is become a cocaine addict like Scott.
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #121 on: November 14, 2004, 08:01:32 PM »

Well Axl could fit in too his afd clothes if he wanted all he would have to do is become a cocaine addict like Scott.

How do you know he isnt an addict? Its been rumored Axl was sent to the emergency room few times during the past decade for drug OD.

I think Scott was being very respectful to dress during the AFD era, and not wearing the braids and over-sized jersey.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #122 on: November 14, 2004, 08:04:30 PM »

Or putting the drumsticks down.. ..I'm only kidding, everyone of gnr memebrs were into drugs one time ro another in their life...

Either way I got a laugh out of the pictures, I don't think it was anmything bad, dressing like afd axl was more respect imo// The whole world doesn't care it's just us morons on the forums.. Just let it slide.. Wink
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #123 on: November 14, 2004, 10:50:22 PM »

Just everyone lighten up and let something so simple slide.. There doesn't have to be more then meets the eye each time..
We wouldnt mind so much but then you get scott whining in his diary about how he doesnt want to be like old gnr etc. Well Scott if you stop playing gnr songs and stop dressing up like Axl like your being a badass by playing a joke on him maybe people wouldnt care. Instead you invite shit like that in...so fuki it...

I bet axl looks and scott and wishes he could still fit in his old afd clothes..
Very funny.? VR is kickin ass and takin names!!!? All the Axl loyalist must find this terribly annoying.
And Ill bet when Axl comes out of the woodwork and decides to participate in this lil game VR are playing he would make Mr weiland and the boys look very foolish with his comments. Axls a lot more funnier and wittier then Scott.
A feud between Axl and Scott would not benefit Scott and that journal of his. Scott might think he is on top of the world now but hell find out soon enough.....Im sure youll read what im talking baout in those diaries in a few months....

Scott and Vr are realizing that no matter how successful they are right now they cant get out of Axl/gnrs shadow. And whats probably killing them Axl has done jack shit. Thats the funny thing. You have these guys who have an album out trying to re invent themselves and separate themselves from the past yet they cant get away from the Axl rose questions etc. The same Axl who has done nothing over the years. I cant wait to hear a nice long rant about Scott and the boys on the next tour. Its gonna be an mp3 classic.
SOme people come to party others are the party....

keep tryin vr

btw does the band have their own personal tailor on tour?
« Last Edit: November 14, 2004, 11:01:11 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #124 on: November 14, 2004, 11:46:54 PM »

A feud between Axl and Scott would not benefit Scott and that journal of his. Scott might think he is on top of the world now but hell find out soon enough.....Im sure youll read what im talking baout in those diaries in a few months....

Scott and Vr are realizing that no matter how successful they are right now they cant get out of Axl/gnrs shadow. And whats probably killing them Axl has done jack shit. Thats the funny thing. You have these guys who have an album out trying to re invent themselves and separate themselves from the past yet they cant get away from the Axl rose questions etc. The same Axl who has done nothing over the years. I cant wait to hear a nice long rant about Scott and the boys on the next tour. Its gonna be an mp3 classic.

keep tryin vr

When fanboys attack! nervous
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #125 on: November 15, 2004, 02:01:50 AM »

Scott is obviously a great frontman and VR couldn't have picked a better replacement.  I think its great they dressed up as new GN'R just as Eminem and D12 did at the Movie Awards earlier this year.  We all know when new GN'R does hit MTV and Kurt Loder will do a huge special on what GN'R has gone threw to get where they're going to be at, which is on TOP of the world.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #126 on: November 15, 2004, 10:29:17 AM »

When fanboys attack!
When members want to sound as sophisticated and pompous as Falcon...{Bookers posts over the past year}? nervous

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #127 on: November 15, 2004, 10:37:46 AM »

Just everyone lighten up and let something so simple slide.. There doesn't have to be more then meets the eye each time..
We wouldnt mind so much but then you get scott whining in his diary about how he doesnt want to be like old gnr etc. Well Scott if you stop playing gnr songs and stop dressing up like Axl like your being a badass by playing a joke on him maybe people wouldnt care. Instead you invite shit like that in...so fuki it...

I bet axl looks and scott and wishes he could still fit in his old afd clothes..
Very funny.? VR is kickin ass and takin names!!!? All the Axl loyalist must find this terribly annoying.
And Ill bet when Axl comes out of the woodwork and decides to participate in this lil game VR are playing he would make Mr weiland and the boys look very foolish with his comments. Axls a lot more funnier and wittier then Scott.

keep tryin vr

btw does the band have their own personal tailor on tour?

The whole thing is I won't give a rats ass if axl rants about scott, it's just words it's nothing to get all bent out of shape about..

Vr will always be in gnr's (old gnr) shadow because there are three ex members and izzy was apart of this, and axl isn't around giving interviews so there is no on else to put in the gnr light then the members of vr..

There are people that are just attention seeking trouble makers that went to see vr, or a festival and demand to hear gnr tunes, now that apsect is wrong.. I'm sure others commented on the slash fan or whatever that was causing a disturbance during rio 3 and was told to leave..

Vr will never get out of the gnr light, and new gnr will always have the people who wonder why they kept mit going and why they are still gnr without any original memebrs but axl..

Being these things will never happen somethimes you need to have a little fun with it and do something like halloween, but other times you will get annoyed and want to distance yourself.. Vr got mtons of axl question in europe's leg of the tour, maybe they just didn't want to speak about that everynight..
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2004, 10:41:59 AM »

The whole thing is I won't give a rats ass if axl rants about scott, it's just words it's nothing to get all bent out of shape about..
ok ill keep that in mind.

so there is no on else to put in the gnr light then the members of vr..
but they are not in gnr. They were in gnr. Its cool if they wanna talk about their past. No problemo but just dont whine, expect it instead.

Being these things will never happen somethimes you need to have a little fun with it and do something like halloween, but other times you will get annoyed and want to distance yourself.
in other words, they want thier cake and eat it too.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #129 on: November 15, 2004, 10:48:30 AM »

but they are not in gnr. They were in gnr. Its cool if they wanna talk about their past. No problemo but just dont whine, expect it instead

It should be expected, but maybe scott is just pissed at times, the guy just kicked a drug habbit and was going through a rough time in his life.. He may feel he wasn't in gnr so why does he get questions about them directed towards him.,.? yes they were in gnr and now they're not but when was the last time 4 gnr members were together jamming and giving interviews..? At times they have been 3/5s gnr plus matt, so they've been more gnr then gnr..

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #130 on: November 15, 2004, 11:37:43 AM »

not only a piss poor frontman but also a fuckin' hypocrite.

Odd that you would have this to say about an album featuring a "piss poor frontman" on 100% of its vocals..

After 5-6 listens i can say its the album of the year so far - the songs are excellent, and in concert...well they must be truly amazing

Contraband is a kickass album

Lol, read my review of Contraband

I gave it 8/10 - this is what i wrote

Damn this album

Each time i listen to it it seems to get so much better

Surely an absolute "piss poor frontman" would spoil an album beyond an "8/10" rating, right? ?Would that make you a "fuckin' hypocrite" too? ?Ive seen enough of your posts to know the answer to that.. ok

Hey Booker,

Notice i said FRONTMAN not vocalist? ok Notice how i said the songs live not the band live?

As a vocalist he fair's slightly better (as a lyricist even worse Tongue) Hence it doesn't spoil the album, though he is for me, the weakest part of it, but not enough to harm my enjoyment of it significantly, Scott ain't terrible (other than lyrically peace), as a vocalist, and my point was not directed at his vocal qualities but his role as the band's frontman.

As a FRONTMAN, All i see from Scott is clumsy rants at the media, a washed up addict persona and daft stunts like this. Anticiptaing ur response, Axl Rose was always guilty of similiar things, but i just think he pulled it off muchy better, its just an opinion but I was more convinced by Axl - Scott seem's forced and dated and very unoriginal, and of course hypocritical. Fair enough u may view Axl in the same light, but opinions are like arseholes, we all got one.

« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 12:04:51 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
badintentions
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #131 on: November 15, 2004, 12:53:58 PM »

check out this post on metal sludge....it even has a picture of them.

http://metal-sludge.com/main/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=6807
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2004, 02:01:05 PM »

If you want to see a great rock band, you have to see VR.  Axl is not on the scene anymore and there is no telling when he will be.  That is nobody's fault but his own.  Axl talks about Slash jamming with Snoop Dog or whoever the f@ck.  As of late, Slash has been jamming with VR, the best touring rock band out there.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #133 on: November 15, 2004, 04:17:53 PM »

Some of you are so blind or stupid, I don't know...? confused It was a fuckin' joke, right? Scott fuckin' dressed like Axl because fans were chanting Axl's name (or GN'R, I don't remember) on previous shows and it made Scott really pissed off, so he dressed like Axl 'The God' Rose for Halloween. Slash dressed as BH because it really suited the performance. He was the ex-GN'R lead guitarist. (On the other hand BH is a good guitarist, but looks like some 7-years old who messed up his clothing even on Halloween.) That's it.? yes

About the guy who introduces the band... Maybe they wanna recall the old memories, or they think that they are more Guns N' Roses than Rose's Guns. Fuckin' retarded bastards.? Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 04:23:16 PM by Mikkamakka » Logged

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2004, 05:17:29 PM »

Yeah I mean VR is 3/5 GNR, where the new GNR is 1/5 or 1/6 depending on who you include.  I mean as far as the Use Your Illusions are concerned, VR is more "Guns N' Roses."  But band names are pretty irrelevant. 

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2004, 05:49:53 PM »

Here they are, fucking finally, we have some more:

I think it looks pretty cool.

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #136 on: November 15, 2004, 06:08:59 PM »

Thanks it's nice to see some other pics, I like dave the devil. I like how we can now see the original picture better of scott n slash.. Dave n slash look cool together.. Thanks for the pics beer
badapple81
« Reply #137 on: November 15, 2004, 06:11:50 PM »

Thanks for sharing. He actually does look like AFD era Axl! Until he does his awful on stage moves. Remember Mr Bean trying to dance in one episode? Reminds me of Scott.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #138 on: November 15, 2004, 07:05:03 PM »

check out this post on metal sludge....it even has a picture of them.

http://metal-sludge.com/main/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=6807
Thanks for posting that link, I really enjoy reading people's statements who aren't from gnr/vr boards..
atto
Opening Act

« Reply #139 on: November 15, 2004, 07:30:52 PM »

Thanks for the pics!!
Duff's costume cracked me up
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: