Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:12:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Most Overrated songs
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Most Overrated songs  (Read 16213 times)
nemo
Opening Act

just a little fish

« Reply #40 on: November 21, 2004, 05:53:19 PM »

stairway is far more overrated than teen spirit, it's not even a particularly good song, at least teen spirit had passion

how about november rain...

Damn you to hell.

what i'm trying to say is that no-one thinks of teen spirit as a master piece, what it has is one of the catchiest hooks ever written that sticks in your head from the first listen, it's brilliant at what it does and therefore isn't over-rated

stairway on the other hand is hailed as the greatest song ever written when for the most part it's a waste of time, robert plant even admits he is embarrased by the lyrics to it, yet people continue to hold it up to this day as the main reason for zep being the best band ever (which clearly they are, but it's sure as hell not because of stairway)

welcome to the dance, bitch
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #41 on: November 21, 2004, 05:56:27 PM »

Yeah, I was trying to say the same thing earlier in the thread.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2004, 05:24:36 PM »

Everything from Bon Jovi is overrated

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2004, 12:20:48 AM »

Under the Bridge - RHCP, the singing is diabolical

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2004, 12:40:09 PM »

Everything from Bon Jovi is overrated

Agreed!    Cool
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2004, 10:54:26 AM »

AC/DC because they aren't as metal as some people say they are.

And most of their material is very boring. Speaking of 'boring', I read some wise-crack say that ...And Justice For All is boring, well, he clearly couldn't get past the stage of opening the CD case.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2004, 06:03:44 PM »

Faith No More - Epic

So over-rated that their best songs got overlooked and led to the commercial demise of an amazingly superior band to others at the time

If I hear Faith No More and Funk Metal in the same sentence again - I think I'll puke - that or One Hit Wonder
The world missed out on something special with that band
I continue to laugh about the record industry over this

People are just getting into this band now - that is an amazing accomplishment

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2004, 11:01:21 PM »

Dudes Stairway is a classic, it's not the best but c'mon, most songs like that are overrated only 'cause the radio kills it for us.

I gotta agree with old mate, Sweet Child O' Mine is probebly one of the most overrated of em' all!!

No way bloody near the best of Gunners, i would put it towards the bottom of the list, considering the other material they have ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2004, 12:26:34 AM »

3 Words: Stairway to Heaven

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
estranged88
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2004, 10:24:55 AM »

Iron Maiden kick ass... i suggest you listen to some more of thier stuff

Are the four albums of their's i have not enough to make a judgement on? Tongue Cheesy lyrics, technically sound but dull guitar work, not impressed.

[/quote

Considering that Maiden now have 13 albums, 4 is quite a small serving of thier music....... Its ok if you dont like thier style of music, I can understand that, but I do not see how they are over rated, as they are one of the most influencial metal bands in history, regardless if you like them or not.

Why do you cook stove top in the oven???
jgfnsr
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2004, 06:57:57 PM »

3 Words: Stairway to Heaven

4 Words:  Smells Like Teen Spirit
x axls rose x
Opening Act

Now and then, when I see his face...

« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2004, 09:31:20 AM »

Damn,I wanted to be the first to say "Smells like teen spirit",and start a huge fight with Nirvana fans,but everyone so far seems to agree with me ? Smiley

rant What do you know about Nirvana???  Huh It's probably like the only song of theirs you know  Roll Eyes
Go put in Pennyroyal Tea or Polly. Big Long Now's really good, too, fuck, they're all good.

Some of you people really push my buttons. Don't try to start a fight about something that you can't back up, mkay?

Have a nice day  Roll Eyes

I'm Miss World

Somebody
          Kill
             Me...
jgfnsr
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2004, 12:06:12 PM »

Damn,I wanted to be the first to say "Smells like teen spirit",and start a huge fight with Nirvana fans,but everyone so far seems to agree with me ? Smiley

rant What do you know about Nirvana?Huh Huh It's probably like the only song of theirs you know? Roll Eyes
Go put in Pennyroyal Tea or Polly. Big Long Now's really good, too, fuck, they're all good.

Some of you people really push my buttons. Don't try to start a fight about something that you can't back up, mkay?

Have a nice day? Roll Eyes

The topic here is overrated songs, isn't it?

Smells Like Teen Spirit basically brought Nirvana to the mainstream front, and they were numero uno in the whole "grunge revolution."

Even though I hate Nirvana as a band, and despise Cobain's memory, I'll admit Teen Spirit has it's merits.  Ya know, give credit where credit is due, and all that.

But was that song worthy of a revolution?

In a word, no.
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2004, 01:35:44 PM »

Damn,I wanted to be the first to say "Smells like teen spirit",and start a huge fight with Nirvana fans,but everyone so far seems to agree with me   Smiley

rant What do you know about Nirvana???  Huh It's probably like the only song of theirs you know  Roll Eyes

Have a nice day  Roll Eyes

What the hell? The only Nirvana song we know?! What the fuck are you talking about?!!!!
 rant Those bastards at VH1 and MTV shove it down our fucking throughts every fucking day with 'top ten grunge' and 'top ten infuelences' - fucking bullshit rant

Kurt Cobain was a toss-piece who slagged-off bands and individuals more talented than him e.g. Guns N' Roses and Pearl Jam.

SCREW VH1 SCREW MTV AND SCREW KURT COBAIN. rant

coldenim
Headliner

Who's gonna save you now

« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2004, 06:12:38 AM »

oh yeah the very few artifacts of rock masterpieces we have stairway to heaven and november rain are overated, please. Smells like teen spirit stinks of a grungy mess of overated catchy stupidity.  That song hands down is the most overated song by the most overated band in history. Mtv is still shoving crap down kids throats, and fuels the fire for these shitty bands. ......where in the hell happened to rock anyways does it even exist anymore does it even have a name........some more overated bands with overated songs  are ........good charlotte, yellocard, new found glory... crying
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2004, 12:03:45 PM »

some more overated bands with overated songs? are ........good charlotte, yellocard, new found glory... crying

They're not overrated - everyone thinks they're shit! Just because teens buy the albums doesn't mean the bands get any respect. Stairway to Heaven, on the other hand, is praised by rock journalists etc. even though it's mediocre and boring.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2004, 01:16:34 PM »

some more overated bands with overated songs  are ........good charlotte, yellocard, new found glory... crying

They're not overrated - everyone thinks they're shit! Just because teens buy the albums doesn't mean the bands get any respect.

A bit like Nirvana, but they get over-played on VH1 and MTV.

jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2004, 09:35:33 PM »

Faith No More - Epic

So over-rated that their best songs got overlooked and led to the commercial demise of an amazingly superior band to others at the time

If I hear Faith No More and Funk Metal in the same sentence again - I think I'll puke - that or One Hit Wonder
The world missed out on something special with that band
I continue to laugh about the record industry over this

People are just getting into this band now - that is an amazing accomplishment

Faith no More were ahead of their time and never really got the dues they deserved. i am a huge fan and rate Angel Dust as one of the great rock albums  ok

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: