Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:20:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  bon jovi vs guns n roses, my arguments why bon jovi are better!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: bon jovi vs guns n roses, my arguments why bon jovi are better!!!  (Read 26061 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2004, 09:29:07 PM »

I think they key to all this is relevance. Numbers don't matter, because if we are goin' to use numbers, Michael Jakson, Britney Spears and N'Sync shit all over everybody anyways.

Gn'R didn't survive the grunge era, they ushered in the grunge era by killing the era Bon Jovi had come from. Regardless if some are willing to clump them in that same generation or era, they obviously came to prominence when the landscape of music was changing. Infact they were a reason the lanscape changed in the first place.

When Appetite For Destruction hit the music scene, it did a few things. It destroyed neo classical guitar, guys like Yngwie were no longer relevant and secondly, it crused all those irrelevant hair metal bands. But most importantly, AFD was the bridge between metal bands of the 70's and 80's (Zeppelin, Sabbath, Metallica) and the grunge bands of the 90's (Nirvana, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam)

People may say grunge killed hair metal, but Guns N' Roses made it irrelevant the moment AFD hit the scene. It is the one link when music historians and scholars look at the musical landscape of the 80's and 90's. When they ask themeselves, how could there be such a large and utter gap between the music of the 80's and 90's. AFD bridged the gap, gave those grunge bands not necessarily inspiration, but a means of passage.

Bands like Alice in Chains and Mother Lovebone were already planted in metal and hard rock, but AFD gave them that blend between punk, hard rock and metal that no one had ever seen before.

Gn'R will always be more relevant than Bon Jovi. Bon Jovi can sell 1,000,000,000 more records than Gn'R. But they will never be as important.

great post!

see thats the stuff i like, if GNR are better give me facts, dont insult bon jovi, now see that was a well thought out intelligent post that i agree with 100 percent, u cant say bon jovi arent deep cause i think theyare very very fuckin deep, but just to reitterate, GNR nor Nirvana killed bon jovi!!!!!!! and why? cause bon jovi are a rock band not a hair band!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
BP
Rocker

Every time i think i'm out, they pull me back in

« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2004, 10:23:51 PM »

Yes excellent post!? & thank you for using Alice in Chains in your post as a? great band.? ok

anyway... I still stand by my comments because I thought it was just known that bon bon had no significance.

BTW I thought my number 4 was pretty factual

"4. Done a lot for the music business?? what exactly? help bigwig's sell pop records maybe. In no way shape of form did bon bon put a revolutionary dent to the music bizzz as GNR did."

I sum up a lot for I don't have time to write books anymore? Smiley but isnt this the same thing as we are argeeing with above??

& ps.... I'm not lying when I say that bon bon is not respected as a "real" musician that much in his own state.?

I mean, I do have reasons for my statements..........? ?& Furious Styles up there pretty much nailed half of em.

peace

ps.? you said you said Slippery when Wet is better than Appetite!? Slippery When Wet? didn't cross no bridges & if anything Appettite changed Bon Jovi's persona cuz GNR got away with there 'truer' image & changed marketing for everybody then!! & I'll bet my ass on that!! - SWW >>>  it was just another record.?
Even Weiland recently admitted Appetite was like a bible when he was in the business. (don't kill me if I quoted weiland wrong)......? ?but it was to that respect.

yea I know my grammer sucks... i'm busy eheh
« Last Edit: November 27, 2004, 10:27:16 PM by Bi Polar » Logged

The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2004, 01:33:06 AM »

D, the only thing Bon Jovi is better than GNR at is releasing albums.

Jon is an VERY VERY average singer and songwriter
Richie is a mediocre/good guitarist
The Bassist (Whose name escapes me) I don't care about
Tico, well, He's just Tico, which equals suck.

Sorry, D. I think you are absolutely wrong.

We can stay friends though.

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2004, 01:36:44 AM »

i didnt say it was as significant as appetite but it was as popular, just with a different crowd.

bon jovi may not have inspired many bands what good bands have their been since the late 80's? what great band has GNR inspired thats out now? none for either cause their arent any great bands

bon jovi broke open lots of market places and were one of the headliners of the moscow music festival which were the first western bands sanctioned to play there.

bon jovi inspire their fan base just as much as GNR inspire theres and to simply dismiss bon jovi as powder puff rock i think isnt right.

i am here with this thread because people dont respect bon jovi, people dont give them any credit and that is what im championing here, cause they are way above the other bands in the 80's and just barely underneath GNR and the other "classic" bands that are considered from the era.

bon jovi,metallicaand RHCP are the only bands that formed in the 80's that are still selling out stadiums and going platinum

so that in my opinion says something about bon jovi

if they were as bad as people claim they wouldve died with the poison's,warrants,slaughters etc etc etc

The New Fiona Apple
So, what do you think of my pic?
VIP

I guess I just wasn't made for these times

« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2004, 01:51:05 AM »

i didnt say it was as significant as appetite but it was as popular, just with a different crowd.

bon jovi may not have inspired many bands what good bands have their been since the late 80's? what great band has GNR inspired thats out now? none for either cause their arent any great bands

bon jovi broke open lots of market places and were one of the headliners of the moscow music festival which were the first western bands sanctioned to play there.

bon jovi inspire their fan base just as much as GNR inspire theres and to simply dismiss bon jovi as powder puff rock i think isnt right.

i am here with this thread because people dont respect bon jovi, people dont give them any credit and that is what im championing here, cause they are way above the other bands in the 80's and just barely underneath GNR and the other "classic" bands that are considered from the era.

bon jovi,metallicaand RHCP are the only bands that formed in the 80's that are still selling out stadiums and going platinum

so that in my opinion says something about bon jovi

if they were as bad as people claim they wouldve died with the poison's,warrants,slaughters etc etc etc

Well, that's because they changed their music from Anthemic hair metal to Adult Contemporary/Generic Anthemic Pop-Rock

?I only know what I read [in the press],?
Bobby Valentine

Vicarious Existence is a fucking waste of time
-Axl Rose
BP
Rocker

« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2004, 03:09:53 AM »

& his acting carreer on Alley McBeilster was a huge inspiration to me!! Die hard rocker indeed. believe it or not, he is like that that in real life to an extent... & that was my point about "he aint no cowboy" = poser.

not just that......? ?I've been watching his carreer all my life.? sorry... but he is pure cheese. They were hanging on a thing string at many points, & then there was that acoustic fluff performance that got good feedback.... & landed them some more marketing. Wasn't that a point where they decided to make more music as a 'team' ... Richie & jon?

& Yes....? ?GNR played a role in how BJ was to market himself for sure....? ?if you werent there (which i can tell you wern't D in all due respect), then you didn't get the inside scoop & vibe that no magazine, fanzine, or internet site will give you. Correct me otherwise for I'm going on a strong gut feeling here

All fun here.... but please.? -BP
« Last Edit: November 28, 2004, 03:16:00 AM by Bi Polar » Logged

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2004, 05:34:23 AM »

i think bon jovi played a role in GNR also, remember axl talkin about how bon jovi followed up slippery when wet in a rolling stone article?

He was a good actor, one of the few who could pull it off that tries and had a promising career but turned his back on it to do music, i still dont understand how he is cheese. he never claimed to be a cowboy
bon jovi are from the storyteller type songwriting and they have related the life of a rockstar as a modern day cowboy, come into a town, drink the booze,party with the girls get the money and head to another town. 

BP
Rocker

« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2004, 01:38:58 PM »

good actor huh....? ? ? He has done a great job for all actors & is? .... uhhh I quitt

If you want to see a band that survived all era's.... check out bands like the current The Alman Brothers = Warren Haynes & the boy genius Derek Trucks & bassist Otiel has more musicical creativitiy & knowhow in one pinky than all of BJ's politically correct sellout crew. check out Rush if you want storylines & Floyd.? I think your standards for break through era bands are material.? is BJ a hairband that was stepped on by GNR? yea. then they changed there image a bit & put out fun songs still. They are sort of big now because of what Fiona said:

"they changed their music from Anthemic hair metal to Adult Contemporary/Generic Anthemic Pop-Rock" = easy marketing deals & airplay & tv play = doesn't make them great. just media friendly!

GNR's music is timeless while they are in hidding....? When BJ goes into hiding, they will be forgotten? sorry - its happened before

I don't completelty understand how you don't see this. Now to stay on topic ........? Axl is going completly on a limb trying to do something different & if he didn't have a finck, brain, in his band, then I wouldn't give crap.
-------

On another note: i checked out your site --- please don't tell me you play guitar because i'll be totally confused? Wink
what are you doing in your songs?? Smiley
« Last Edit: November 28, 2004, 01:40:57 PM by Bi Polar » Logged

Mr. Dick Purple
and the iconoclast in yellow
Legend

I have inside me blood of Kings

« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2004, 09:20:34 PM »

D, I really think bon "crapy" Jovi is in no league than guns, I mean even if Jon gets a new CD this year people will still remmeber AFD than SWW, is just a fact, is not that I like more Guns than Jovi is just a fact, you can defend all you want, I know you like the band, but guns is better with all the less records than jovi, just try to accept that as we try to accept your opinions.

No man can be my equal
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2004, 09:25:41 PM »

i have accepted that, im not sayin bon jovi are better, i told u all, i was dared to make arguments for bon jovi and u can argue anything if u really try, so i accepted the challenge and like defending a murder suspect who has no chance i tried my best.

all im wanting is more respect for bon jovi and the crazy "they are disposable poppy, nothing musicans" eliminated from ever being said again.

Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2004, 09:28:20 PM »

all im wanting is more respect for bon jovi and the crazy "they are disposable poppy, nothing musicans" eliminated from ever being said again.

Bon Jovi = disposable poppy, nothing musicians.   hihi
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #71 on: November 30, 2004, 07:57:54 AM »

Bonjovi = Pop Metal, GnR = RnFR
So why is this discussion relevant?

Fuck 'Em All.
BP
Rocker

« Reply #72 on: November 30, 2004, 08:34:25 AM »

Grin I think this discussion is over.

we talked private & I didn't know D was saying many of the things for sake of 'arguements & dares'

D, I otttaa --  TO THE MOON!!!  i twazzz having fun. if I was at my board, I wouldnt have got into it as much.

Rock On my Brother <<<  peace -BP

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: