Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 08:02:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228015 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Why Are People...
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Why Are People...  (Read 8586 times)
youngerformofaxl
« on: November 20, 2004, 02:29:32 PM »

So Pessmistic about the release of this album?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 02:40:22 PM »

Does this really need an anwser..? COuld give you a list either way I why it would or won't..

The way I feel is this is like a yearly thing, every year it has a slated time period wether hinted by axl or made by the forums and it never has panned out.. Years back you had hints from axcl. be back next summer with new songs, time to wrap this up.. Hearing it from him was somethign to give hope to.. Tommy doesn't exactly give me hope, nor does dizzy, they seem to say soon alot, tommy does too, but he just schanges his metaphors..

I hope it's this year or early next (feb). I see no reason thought to be excited because there's no real evidence of anything..
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2004, 02:56:28 PM »

Simple... what Madonna or Michael Jackson are to pop, Axl Rose is to rock. That's the level of super-stardom he's achieved. If Madonna or Michael Jackson we're getting anywhere close to releasing their first album of original material in thirteen years it would be all over the media. The same with Axl. Unfortunately, Udday Huessein is showing more signs of life than Axl at this point. It might as well be 1994-98 all over again- that's how far the guy has gone back into the shadows the last two years. Embarrassed

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2004, 03:06:10 PM »

I think most people have gotten to that point after all the rumored release dates, tours, cancelled shows etc and no new album out.

I remember back in 2001 when they played in Brazil, I thought "maybe something's gonna happen this year". Just like it did in 1991. Nothing happened.

Then the 2002 tour, I thought "Well, maybe they're gonna release it after this introduction tour in 2003", nothing happened.

This year people heard the November release date on VH1 and assumed they knew what they were talking about. Nothing happened.

Nothing has happened since 1999 when the album title was announced. That's five years ago. I'm not surprised that people are pessimistic.

I'm pessimistic too to the point that I don't let the rumors get to me. It'll be out when it's done.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Tied-Up
VIP

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2004, 03:07:56 PM »

I'm with Jarmo on this one.  I don't believe any rumors anymore.  I figure when they release the album, and I see it, and I'm actually at the record store and I can touch it and feel it with my own hands, and see it with my own eyes, that's when I'll take it up to the cashier and buy it.  Until then, I don't buy the bullshit that goes along with it.
shaun
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2004, 03:12:15 PM »

I?m not Pessimistic about Chinese democracy in the least. I believe it will be released sometime around February 2005, and I will take the album for what it is, which I am sure will be good to listen too. Sure there will be a few duff tracks and a heck of a few amazing songs there too? Smiley
« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 03:14:05 PM by shaun » Logged
insupportofaxl
Optimist
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2004, 03:13:01 PM »

I think most people have gotten to that point after all the rumored release dates, tours, cancelled shows etc and no new album out.

I remember back in 2001 when they played in Brazil, I thought "maybe something's gonna happen this year". Just like it did in 1991. Nothing happened.

Then the 2002 tour, I thought "Well, maybe they're gonna release it after this introduction tour in 2003", nothing happened.

This year people heard the November release date on VH1 and assumed they knew what they were talking about. Nothing happened.

Nothing has happened since 1999 when the album title was announced. That's five years ago. I'm not surprised that people are pessimistic.

I'm pessimistic too to the point that I don't let the rumors get to me. It'll be out when it's done.

/jarmo

So, tell us how you really feel   Tongue Grin Wink
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2004, 03:14:34 PM »

I'm with Jarmo on this one.? I don't believe any rumors anymore.? I figure when they release the album, and I see it, and I'm actually at the record store and I can touch it and feel it with my own hands, and see it with my own eyes, that's when I'll take it up to the cashier and buy it.? Until then, I don't buy the bullshit that goes along with it.

I agree with everything you two said.. I think I let myself buy into them in a half assed way even though I know it's not going to happen just to keep my hope alive..

It's like a catch 22, I get happy when tommy says something because you feel he knows something, butt hen I get mad because nothing happens.

I come to this gnr board 99 percent to see or hear about any news involving cd, and odds have it that one day it will be finished so I sometimes say why not now.. I KNOW axl has the last word and we need his announcement..
I get manic with the album, part of me says it will happen soon ,it just has to, another part says there's nothing coming, it will never come out,, It's like the devil n angel on ?your shoulder..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2004, 03:17:08 PM »

So, tell us how you really feel? ?Tongue Grin Wink

It'll be out. ?Tongue

Either it'll be out or I'll win on the lottery. I think the chances of CD coming out are bigger. ?hihi

Everybody who's waiting for CD, go buy Tommy's album. Three current band members are on it plus a former drummer! Almost like having a GN'R album. Wink

Oh, and have I mentioned how great it is? ?Cool

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2004, 05:22:33 PM »

It'll be out. ?Tongue

Either it'll be out or I'll win on the lottery. I think the chances of CD coming out are bigger. ?hihi

Everybody who's waiting for CD, go buy Tommy's album. Three current band members are on it plus a former drummer! Almost like having a GN'R album. Wink

/jarmo

What if you've already bought his album? What are you supposed to do then?
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2004, 05:58:58 PM »

Uh.. maybe live your life? Roll Eyes

youngerformofaxl
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2004, 06:05:56 PM »

Uh, maybe I was just being fucking sarcastic
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2004, 06:10:45 PM »

Uh, maybe I was just being fucking sarcastic
Uh, maybe I was being fucking sarcastic too.  Roll Eyes

Mr. Nik™
VIP

This I Love

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2004, 06:13:38 PM »

well... do what you want to do... I'll live my life.... (preparing money to buy three copies of C.D. ?hihi )

my signature... starts now!!?
morally pure, exact, calm, serenity, peace, reighteousness, forgive, eternal, thank, passion, enthusiastic, respect
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2004, 11:43:42 AM »

It'll be out. ?Tongue

/jarmo

You've said it, almost.......Anything regarding guns n roses without Axl's voice is lacking the most important thing. This doesn't mean Tommy's album is not worth the money, it's actually a great fu*-/-n' record. If his 2 cents in Chinese democracy are similiar to his solo effort, then we will get a fine masterpiece. And yeah, it will come out sometime. Just relax and enjoy.  beer

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2004, 11:47:59 AM »

It'll be out. ?Tongue

/jarmo

Buy a copy for a friend so you can BOTH enjoy it.  Wink

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2004, 12:07:26 PM »

I wish I felt the same way about tommy's album, I don't know how tommy's album will make my wait feel better when I want to hear axl sing..
I guess for some tommy's album is what contraband is to me..

So far new gnr is only about axl for me, I have't gotten to the point where I am like wow about the other members.. The only one who was becoming close and that I was enjoying was BH, he had some very cool solo instrumentals..  COlma and for mom and shit like that is cool and something to enjoy.

I've never been a hunter for the same show done 20 times, meaning I didn't want the soundboard or concert of every new gnr show.. Seeing pics are cool as are reviews, this is why I never got very close with any members outside of axl.. Once there's a video and open interviews and shit liket hat I will gett o know the band better..

This isn't to sound like a dick, but I never understood how so many people have fallen in love with different players so quick.. There's people that love the new guys like it's been going on for years n years, albums n touring.. I usually like to get to know the band through years of playing and hearing good albums..

I like dave from VR, but not anything to get excited about, I already knew all the other players so I had a feeling for the guys already.. I think it takes time to feel for a player of a new group, songs can be instant, but people need to grow on you..
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2004, 12:24:08 PM »

I wish I felt the same way about tommy's album, I don't know how tommy's album will make my wait feel better when I want to hear axl sing..
I guess for some tommy's album is what contraband is to me..

No, Tommy's album is a great record on its own.

I probably wouldn't have heard it if it wasn't for the GN'R connection.

So far new gnr is only about axl for me, I have't gotten to the point where I am like wow about the other members.. The only one who was becoming close and that I was enjoying was BH, he had some very cool solo instrumentals..? COlma and for mom and shit like that is cool and something to enjoy.

That's the problem I guess. People think it's "the Axl show". But the truth is, the band is full of talented people.

/jarmo

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2004, 12:34:41 PM »

Of course the guys are clearly talented, I just said how it will take a while for me to get connected to the band.. Everything since it began has been sporadic(sp) so I never got to truly become a fan of more then axl.. I mentioned how I looked into bh's work(her made new gnr a little more interesting) and was starting to enjoy him..

It's a little easier when the band is around and it's fresh in your mind.. I have three things on dvd/vhs mtv 2002, rio 3, & msg 2002.. I enjoy watching them, but they also make me sad when I watch them.. In a way I'm not allowing myself to take them in 100% until they become mainstream gnr for the fans,,
I watch them every so often and think think wow this was going to be it and it was 2001-02 and now look..  Round one always annoys me.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2004, 12:50:09 PM »

after dec 5th/6th 2002... its all gravy to me
what i mean is that after philly - i thought it was all over
we didn't know if axl was okay
we didn't know if there still WAS a GN'R
we didn't know if there was going to be an album
things did not look good or promising at all
months after we slowly heard things
and since then we keep hearing things here and there
hey, we even heard from Axl himself in March of this year ?Smiley
so to me... ?fans of the new GN'R have a lot to be thankful for
whenever you get to a point where you are not feeling you have reason to be happy/thankful/hopeful.. etc.
just recall where we 'stood' on Dec 6, 2002

when the album comes out and GN'R plays some shows .... ?drool
on 12/6/02 i woulda given a lot to just know that was still something to look forward to
know what i mean? ?yes

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: