Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 04:53:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER: Tensions On The Road Run High
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER: Tensions On The Road Run High  (Read 24225 times)
sandman
Legend

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2004, 02:40:36 PM »

and thank you, matt, for speaking against that assinine kerry rant by scott!! ?ok

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2004, 07:07:42 PM »

am i getting a vibe that VR will break up? perhaps a reunion tour might be in the future? that would be nice

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2004, 09:03:43 PM »

All we hear Scott rant about in his lil diary of his is how he and his band are the most dangerous sleazy dangerous rock band in the world. Yet hes crying about a fellow bandmate having naked girls walk around. Am I missing something?

Scott keep your fukin mouth shut. Same with vr everytime they open their mouth they contradict themselves. Just play the tunes and whatver comes out of that is what you are. Please stop forcing this message/image down our throat when you arent living up to it.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2004, 03:58:30 AM »

Meanbone has some points there.

No, he doesnt.  Good points, anyway...

All these years we've heard the stories about how horrible it was in GN'R and yet it seems like this band that's like "a gang" are fighting too.

Theres been "fights" like this since the bands inception...theyre a band, and unlike some bands, theyre actually out there together touring, city to city, country to country.  So yes, theres inevitably going to be some problems.  Do you honestly think that makes them any less tight of a band?  So bands can only consider themselves close if they never have problems? 

Well then fuck the Gallagher brothers...They not only say theyre like family, they claim to be family!  But they fight all the time?  What liars!

What makes them "a gang," or a family, is that at the end of the day, they overcome the bullshit, gather around to watch DVDs, and laugh together (which can be found in the EW article that inspired this blurb, but is something the likes of younggunner would like to ignore, since it contradicts the general negativity he would like to dwell on).

Axl was an egoist because he wanted his own dressing room, well look at how VR are doing it. One guy wants his "groupie" room.

See, now youre being dishonest, because you know Axl wasnt called an egotist just for wanting his own dressing room...Come on.
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2004, 08:34:28 AM »

Meanbone has some points there.

No, he doesnt.  Good points, anyway...

yes i do

Chinese Democracy!
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2004, 08:46:44 AM »

am i getting a vibe that VR will break up? perhaps a reunion tour might be in the future? that would be nice

Because they had a spat over some dislikes?? Every band does these things, but that doesn't mean a thing..  When they hit the stage it's all business, they do everything anyone could ever want in a group(tour the countries, give videos n singles, a cool album, b sides, dvd slarted for march..)
It's just now everyone goes over every spoken woprd with a fine tooth comb..

One of the biggest rock groups in aersomith have had their problems but just move on and be a band, no one can get along all the time..,. Even the most perfect couple in the world argues..
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2004, 08:51:47 AM »

Of course Booker is here to tell how great everything is in the VR camp.  Wink

You don't think that when people are pissed off at each other that it might cause some problems?

You know, I read that STP broke up after a fist fight or something.

Watch out Matt, here comes a megaphone. Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2004, 09:00:59 AM »

Of course Booker is here to tell how great everything is in the VR camp.? Wink

You don't think that when people are pissed off at each other that it might cause some problems?

/jarmo

Yeah that was the final straw with the fist fight, but those guys were together since at least 92.. ANy group can break up, it's just how you deal with the problems..
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2004, 11:27:15 AM »

All we hear Scott rant about in his lil diary of his is how he and his band are the most dangerous sleazy dangerous rock band in the world. Yet hes crying about a fellow bandmate having naked girls walk around. Am I missing something?

Scott keep your fukin mouth shut. Same with vr everytime they open their mouth they contradict themselves. Just play the tunes and whatver comes out of that is what you are. Please stop forcing this message/image down our throat when you arent living up to it.

Who are you to tell anyone else to shut the fuck up?  You cant bitch about his life and behaviour but he can't have his own opinion on things?  It does not work like that - you don't have to read or listen to a word he or they say, But you choose to be interested and you choose to hear and read. 

He knows what he's talking about he's lived life in music - the ups and downs.  He's now at a point where he can reflect and decide what he wants , what he likes  ect.  Thats what life is about isn't it? So if you do happen to read contradictions it could be perhaps that they have changed their opinion, they have looked from a different state of mind. 

If you have been in bands, you will know it takes alot of effort at times to get everyone one the same page and mindset.  And you alway will have little things you argue about because everyone is different.  But that's life aint it? just normal life.   When your stuck in a bus or a van living on the road with like 4 other guys, you do get little niggles.  It doesn't detract from their work though does it?

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
using my illusions
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2004, 11:33:52 AM »

fuck, i hope they break up. and STP comes back, i would WAY rather have just one more STP album then another 20 velvet revolver albums...

Then VH1 can do a "bands reunited : Guns N' Roses" WITH Adler on drums.

smoking
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2004, 03:01:32 PM »

fuck, i hope they break up. and STP comes back, i would WAY rather have just one more STP album then another 20 velvet revolver albums...

Then VH1 can do a "bands reunited : Guns N' Roses" WITH Adler on drums.

smoking

That's a stupid thing to say/. It's like saying hope new gnr breaks up to bring back the old, it's the past this is the present..
Maybe one day they will all reuntie with their first bands..
using my illusions
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2004, 03:29:55 PM »

sorry - i guess i should have said that the "bands reunited" thing was a JOKE. man people are sensitive on here...oh don't say that! Lips Sealed i dunno if you have watched, but they tried to reunite the new kids on the block...that to me, is funny. but i know im probably offending someone on here just for saing that...ffs

but as for wanting another STP album over a VR album - that is truth - VR will never have songs like "adhesive" or "still remains" contraband doesn't come close to being as good as any STP album.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2004, 03:45:57 PM »

sorry - i guess i should have said that the "bands reunited" thing was a JOKE. man people are sensitive on here...oh don't say that! Lips Sealed i dunno if you have watched, but they tried to reunite the new kids on the block...that to me, is funny. but i know im probably offending someone on here just for saing that...ffs

but as for wanting another STP album over a VR album - that is truth - VR will never have songs like "adhesive" or "still remains" contraband doesn't come close to being as good as any STP album.

I saw that too, I never know who's being srious or joking... My mistake..  SOme people might be like adler should rejoin the old gunners..
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2004, 03:54:21 PM »

Who are you to tell anyone else to shut the fuck up?  You cant bitch about his life and behaviour but he can't have his own opinion on things?
Its not about having his own opinions. Its that he talks a big game but isnt the game. He says he and his band are "x" Whent they have done nothing that reprsent what he and his band says. Therefore I am aloud to say Scott shut the fuk up already

It does not work like that - you don't have to read or listen to a word he or they say, But you choose to be interested and you choose to hear and read.
yes, and then im allowed to form an opinion based on what they say and what they do and reach a conclusion.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2004, 04:21:57 PM »

I'm thinking Duff has been the most vocal with the "danger" hoo-ey, not sure what your speaking of with the "everytime they open their mouth they contradict themselves" remark.

One thing I will attest to, the 2 shows I've personally seen have been the most violent shows I've been to in years.? I don't buy the "dangerous" self labeling by any means although their music in a live setting definately brings a more ominous crowd than your average Coldplay gig...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2004, 06:45:57 PM »

Of course Booker is here to tell how great everything is in the VR camp.? Wink

Is that what I did?  Im only referring to the EW article that inspired this discussion, except Im not conveniently leaving out key pieces of information like yourself and younggunner.

Oh well...I understand, its a lot easier to make a comment like that than to respond to what I posted. Undecided

Lets go back a few posts and see what I said...

yes, theres inevitably going to be some problems

Shocked

Problems like these are generally caused because people are pissed off at each other...does that mean that they dislike each other or arent close?? Well, Ill direct you to my last post since you seem to have missed it the first time.

Huh

The point?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 06:57:38 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2004, 06:58:04 PM »

It was a joke, hence the Wink smiley.

I just wonder what they do, just bitch about stuff or are they gonna force the others to adjust to what the majority wants? If four others say Matt's room has got to go, will he say "fine"?

Same thing with Scott's "rants" on the site. What if the three others decide those aren't needed?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2004, 07:06:28 PM »

It was a joke, hence the Wink smiley.

I understand, but I also think youre kidding on the square (which means youre not kidding at all).? I think that in a discussion like this, which came from that EW article, its very misleading, and even dishonest, to not draw a little bit of attention to the end of the article.? Maybe you understand, but I dont think others do.? So Im really not here to tell everyone how great VR gets along, Im simply telling the truth (or at least the truth according to that article).?

I just wonder what they do, just bitch about stuff or are they gonna force the others to adjust to what the majority wants? If four others say Matt's room has got to go, will he say "fine"?

Same thing with Scott's "rants" on the site. What if the three others decide those aren't needed?

No clue...However, my main point is that its possible to have these problems and still consider yourself part of "a gang," or even a family.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 07:09:45 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2004, 07:40:14 PM »

Yeah, the old GN'R was like a family too. They were brothers remember?

Or maybe it's just part of the plan of being a dangerous band. Wink

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2004, 08:42:42 PM »

admitting u fall asleep with a book on your chest?

now that is dangerous! ok hihi

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: