Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 03:07:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  18 tracks plus 10 extras
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 18 tracks plus 10 extras  (Read 4365 times)
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« on: November 24, 2004, 09:28:25 AM »

Came across this review and saw wwhat axl mentioned ,does anyone feel it will still be like this

http://www.nme.com/news/102769.htm

I ask because most seem to talk about tracks, but no extras..
I figured it's slow so why not talk about something that has been slated to happen?

Rose also provided details on the band?s long-delayed studio album, ?Chinese Democracy?, promising that it would include 18 tracks, with "10 extra tracks "on top of that". He added: "Just because we?ve only played five or six new songs, people think there mustn?t be any other songs on the album. Au contraire, mon fr?re!"
« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 09:33:50 AM by mikegiuliana » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 09:44:46 AM »

Before Dave asks me to post the quote, here it is:

"There's been some concern. That if we play five or six new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire, mon fr?re. We're just playing the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So, you'll get 18 songs, and about 10 extra tracks. And when that, when the record company feels that has run its course, then you'll get it all over again. By that time, I should be done with the third album. So we'll see if all goes well boys and girls"

Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2004, 09:50:16 AM »

OMG, I don't know how many times I'll be reading this quote... Damn Axl, release this fuckin' cd or talk about it!!!!!  Grin

Anyways, I guess Axl said in 2001 (in Argentina or Chile, I dunno) the same thing about the 18 tracks. I dunno about the 10 extra tracks, though...

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 10:14:00 AM »

Thanks I never saw that exact quote just talk, it's nice to see it.
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2004, 11:05:19 AM »

A lot will have changed since 2002! I mean, Axl changes his mind daily probably, so a lot of the plans will have changed since 2002!

So what's the more recent information?

Well, in a recent interview Tommy said that when he last checked in with GnR he heard 5-6 really epic tracks, and that they were just finalising the 10-11 tracks to go on the album.

You can read this in two ways... Either there is only 10-11 tracks on the album or they had already decided on 5-6 and were still deciding on the last 10-11. There is a rumoured tracklist from a reliable source on the rumourboard. They are "definites" I would say. There may be more, there may be less. Who knows?

Personally, 11 quality tracks is enough in my opinion. But I'm basing that on the assumption that there is 3 albums coming out a year apart! Which is a different argument altogether...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2004, 11:08:52 AM »

"Well, in a recent interview Tommy said that when he last checked in with GnR he heard 5-6 really epic tracks, and that they were just finalising the 10-11 tracks to go on the album."

I think that just means the final 10-11 they need to deside on. I think its a given that this i love, maddy, the blues and CD are going to be on the album, so that  brings it up to 15 or so tracks.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2004, 11:38:20 AM »

There is a rumoured tracklist from a reliable source on the rumourboard.

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.   The Rumorboard.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA rofl

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2004, 11:41:41 AM »

what is an epic to you?? I hear that word throw around all the time with gnr fans, is it a long ballad or a long song in general, or some grand production? I don't want the webster's definition just your feel on what an epic is..
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2004, 11:42:04 AM »

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.? ?The Rumorboard.? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA rofl

Thanks for your input. Dunno what we'd do without it...

FYI - the Buckmaster "information" was first "uncovered" at the rumourboard...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 11:45:23 AM by gigger » Logged
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2004, 11:45:39 AM »

Thanks for your input. Dunno what we'd without it...
It is a reliable source, whether you choose to believe that or not.  I'll leave it at that.

Ali
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2004, 11:48:15 AM »

Thanks for your input. Dunno what we'd without it...

Your welcome rbuddy. ?I check the Rumorboard a few times a day. ?A little revelation about who Administrator is would be very helpful in knowing if that site is a waste of time or not. ?Every thing he has put a date to ends up in the Killed Rumors section.

gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2004, 01:27:15 PM »

Admin works in the music industry. One of his jobs is to sort out tour dates for bands. He is not an insider but he does have contacts with people that are. He has said that previously on the board.

And he would be the first to admit that a lot of the rumours turn out not to be true. The purpose of the site is to post rumours and then see if they are valid or not.

If he only posted rumours when he was certain they were true then it would be a VERY empty board wouldn't it! Bear in mind how little happens in the GnR world at the moment...

The board is a little bit of fun really... It's not all meant to be gosepl truth. Any rumour gets posted there and then people try and prove or disprove them.

People can be cynical of the board - I recommend you take what it says with a pinch of salt - that is your own choice. But as Ali said I know the tracks stated on the board come from a VERY reliable source.

It's up to you what you think. And I doubt I'd be able to convince you anyway...
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2004, 03:04:47 PM »

"There's been some concern. That if we play five or six new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire, mon fr?re. We're just playing the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So, you'll get 18 songs, and about 10 extra tracks. And when that, when the record company feels that has run its course, then you'll get it all over again. By that time, I should be done with the third album. So we'll see if all goes well boys and girls"

Wink

/jarmo

I know this quote is dated a bit now. There's been alot of waiting, maybe too much waiting for some. But come on, how could anyone read this quote and not get excited about this album and the bands music future. None of the other quotes(atleast to me) that have been mentioned about the album by Axl, band members, or anyone else who has contributed in this album sparks an emotion of excitemnt like this one.

peace

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2004, 03:18:08 PM »

Admin works in the music industry. One of his jobs is to sort out tour dates for bands. He is not an insider but he does have contacts with people that are. He has said that previously on the board.

And he would be the first to admit that a lot of the rumours turn out not to be true. The purpose of the site is to post rumours and then see if they are valid or not.

If he only posted rumours when he was certain they were true then it would be a VERY empty board wouldn't it! Bear in mind how little happens in the GnR world at the moment...

The board is a little bit of fun really... It's not all meant to be gosepl truth. Any rumour gets posted there and then people try and prove or disprove them.

People can be cynical of the board - I recommend you take what it says with a pinch of salt - that is your own choice. But as Ali said I know the tracks stated on the board come from a VERY reliable source.

It's up to you what you think. And I doubt I'd be able to convince you anyway...

I WANT to believe.  We all Want to believe.  Hence the reason why I check his board so often.  Now, If you say that he has some pull in the industry, then I digress my previous statement and apologize.  And yes I can be convinced.  As long as I have some proper background.  I sometimes was under the assumption that he could be another PURE. 
« Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 03:21:20 PM by Got Mule? » Logged

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2004, 03:29:21 PM »

what is an epic to you?? I hear that word throw around all the time with gnr fans, is it a long ballad or a long song in general, or some grand production? I don't want the webster's definition just your feel on what an epic is..

? Yo Mike: ?I know you didn't want it, but let me start with the Webster's Dictionary definition of the word "epic." ?Extending beyond the usual or ordinary especially in size or scope. ?
 ? I'm of the opinion that the word "epic" gets thrown around way too much. ?In GNR terms, Estranged, November Rain, and Coma are on my list of epics. ?Locomotive's a great song, just not epic in my book. ?
 ? Chinese Democracy has insane potential to have epic hits. ?The rumors of orchestration bode well for us die-hard fans. ?We are going to get some beautiful music. ?The Blues and Maddy are amazing live, and the studio work is going to be that much better. ?(Yes, I know, some songs sound better live, like LALD in my opinion) but the added effects and instruments will make the studio versions of CD songs alot tighter. ?I am confident we'll see some amazing stuff...dare I say...gulp...soon!

-Axl4Prez ?beer ?

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2004, 03:39:32 PM »

? Yo Mike: ?I know you didn't want it, but let me start with the Webster's Dictionary definition of the word "epic." ?Extending beyond the usual or ordinary especially in size or scope. ?
 ? I'm of the opinion that the word "epic" gets thrown around way too much. ?In GNR terms, Estranged, November Rain, and Coma are on my list of epics. ?Locomotive's a great song, just not epic in my book. ?
 ? Chinese Democracy has insane potential to have epic hits. ?The rumors of orchestration bode well for us die-hard fans. ?We are going to get some beautiful music. ?The Blues and Maddy are amazing live, and the studio work is going to be that much better. ?(Yes, I know, some songs sound better live, like LALD in my opinion) but the added effects and instruments will make the studio versions of CD songs alot tighter. ?I am confident we'll see some amazing stuff...dare I say...gulp...soon!

-Axl4Prez ?beer ?

Yeah I feel pretty musch the same..

You said "soon", now we're jinxed.. Cheesy
gigger
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2004, 03:57:18 PM »

I WANT to believe.? We all Want to believe.? Hence the reason why I check his board so often.? Now, If you say that he has some pull in the industry, then I digress my previous statement and apologize.? And yes I can be convinced.? As long as I have some proper background.? I sometimes was under the assumption that he could be another PURE.?

I've been speaking to the guy a lot recently and he is legit. He has a lot of contacts...

Comparisons to "Pure" are obviously gonna happen but "admin" isn't like that. He openly admits that a lot of his rumours are probably bullshit, but that it is the point of the board to find out which are true and which aren't.

You have to take everything on the board with a pinch of salt...
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2004, 04:41:09 PM »

Pretty much every thing you mentioned.....For example November Rain......Ballad/Long/Pretty big Production.
But why do I get the feeling that this albuum is going to have better songs than that smoking

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2004, 04:45:59 PM »

Pretty much every thing you mentioned.....For example November Rain......Ballad/Long/Pretty big Production.
But why do I get the feeling that this albuum is going to have better songs than that smoking
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2004, 04:37:21 AM »

"We're just playing the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. "

that means Maddy, the blues, rhiad, chidem and Silkworms are not going to be singles ??
I thought that was a rumour from Ivan from argentina? hihi

peace peace

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: