Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:56:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Somethin' on my mined!!!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Somethin' on my mined!!!  (Read 4618 times)
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« on: November 22, 2004, 07:26:18 PM »

I was wondering if anyone is goin' through the same shit.

I for one am an anti MTV rocker, i cant stand the way the scene is today, what makes all the money really today is the 15 year olds buying singles n' all that shit thats on the top 50.
The same shit music n' same filmclips, just a different black singer n' different dancers (ho's Roll Eyes)
yeah, ya get my point. Man, a mate of mine saw 50 cent n' there was nothin' but little girls n' tryhards, they make the money.

What im sayin' is since mid high school i've been goin' in reverse with music, i dont really like anything out today.
After the big bands at the time, Nirvana, Metallica, Pantera, Sepultura, Faith No More etc. i was listening to at the time, like i said, i started goin' in reverse from what was being drilled to us.

Latelly, i've started listening to ELO, years ago i would have called my self a pussy for listening to this band, as im listening to it i thought i'de write this.
I love The Doors, Pink Floyd, Fleetwood Mac, Creedance, Mammas and the Pappas, Jefferson Airplane, all the old school shit .

Doesnt mean i dont listen to all the metal shit, i wear nothin' but ripped Metallica n' metal shirts n' get dubbed a metal head n' thats it. People know who i am n' where i stand, when there's rap music or techno playin' they try n' drill me with it n' tell me how nice they really are n' listen to what he's sayin'........bullshit, nothin' today is real n' if it is it's not given the chance.

Im constantly in a time warp with music n' wish to hell i was livin' in the 60's 70's or 80's in my prime for music, all this Australian, American Idol shit is the worst, na....i wont even get started on that!!!

Half this world is fooled into thinkin' there into somethin' they're not, all because of trends n' what's up to date n' all that shit, i just wish more people would stand up for what they're into n' be proud of it ok ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Lady Livin
Louder Than Love
Rocker

Don't fear the reaper

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 07:45:41 PM »

you's crazy. there have been trends with shitty music since the birth of rock n' roll. i'm sure some kids got teased for like _____ in the '70s or _____ in the '80s. it sort of sucks that no "revolutionary" bands have been coming around for a while; all we have is rap, pseudo-rock, screaming, and "supergroups" containing members from the decade previous. people that realize the true state of music right now resort backwards, too, i'm sure. that's why classic rock has that moniker; it's classic, and it'll never go outta style. 
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

It's better to burn out than to fade away...

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2004, 07:50:02 PM »

you's crazy. there have been trends with shitty music since the birth of rock n' roll. i'm sure some kids got teased for like _____ in the '70s or _____ in the '80s. it sort of sucks that no "revolutionary" bands have been coming around for a while; all we have is rap, pseudo-rock, screaming, and "supergroups" containing members from the decade previous. people that realize the true state of music right now resort backwards, too, i'm sure. that's why classic rock has that moniker; it's classic, and it'll never go outta style.?

Rage Against The Machine was a "revolutionary" band if I ever saw one.  yes
Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2004, 08:12:12 PM »

Music really started going down after '95 or so. Grunge and black metal, the 2 big musical innovations of the early 90's, were getting predictable. So, then we get rap-rock in the late 90's.  no Lately, hardcore and metalcore are doing well (and unfortunately, so is emo). Better than rap-rock or nu-metal, I guess...

Maybe we'll get something really good when the "cores" fade out.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2004, 08:29:58 PM »

what makes all the money really today is the 15 year olds buying singles n' all that shit thats on the top 50.

Whoa. Singles sales have collapsed since downloading came about, its almost to the point of dying out (or so the ''industry'' say), the singles has never been more irrelevant so don't blame that.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2004, 08:47:17 PM »

what makes all the money really today is the 15 year olds buying singles n' all that shit thats on the top 50.

Whoa. Singles sales have collapsed since downloading came about, its almost to the point of dying out (or so the ''industry'' say), the singles has never been more irrelevant so don't blame that.

not everyone owns a computer dude, so dont blame that.

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2004, 08:48:57 PM »

Chinese Democracy ok

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2004, 11:35:53 PM »

Music really started going down after '95 or so. Grunge and black metal, the 2 big musical innovations of the early 90's, were getting predictable. So, then we get rap-rock in the late 90's.? no Lately, hardcore and metalcore are doing well (and unfortunately, so is emo). Better than rap-rock or nu-metal, I guess...

Personally, I'm getting a little sick of every band trying to prove "how fucking heavy our record is, dude."
Chris Misfit
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2004, 08:26:57 PM »

Do something about it, quit your fucking whingin'.
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2004, 09:24:21 PM »

like misfit said, quit your whingin.

i do the exact same thing as you, most of the stuff if not all of it i listen to is 30 years old. hell i've been listening to john coltrane lately. but there are bands out there today that you would like, they're just way harder to find. i've been searching lately and have found a couple of bands that are playing the music i like today. silvertide, hurricane party, monster magnet, young heart attack, buckethead's colma (best chill album ever!), umphrey's mcgee (which i recommended in that songs you recommend thread). i love all of em, but they're not gonna be on mtv or vh1.

another thing, learn an instrument, start a band and do it yourself. now is even more of a reason to do it cuz you're angry at the current scene and that'll be some big motivation. well thats what im doing anyway.

rock n roooooooooooooooll  smoking
Mattman
Sk8er boi
VIP

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2004, 10:17:55 PM »

i do the exact same thing as you, most of the stuff if not all of it i listen to is 30 years old. hell i've been listening to john coltrane lately. but there are bands out there today that you would like, they're just way harder to find. i've been searching lately and have found a couple of bands that are playing the music i like today. silvertide, hurricane party, monster magnet, young heart attack, buckethead's colma (best chill album ever!), umphrey's mcgee (which i recommended in that songs you recommend thread). i love all of em, but they're not gonna be on mtv or vh1.

another thing, learn an instrument, start a band and do it yourself. now is even more of a reason to do it cuz you're angry at the current scene and that'll be some big motivation. well thats what im doing anyway.

rock n roooooooooooooooll? smoking

I am forming my own band, actually.  I'll get back to you in 5 years when I'm opening up for KISS.   smoking

Besides, I don't believe the current music scene is ALL bad, anyway.  Green Day and Blink-182 are two of my favourite bands, I love The Strokes and The Darkness, and even Dashboard Confessional is beginning to appeal to me.
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2004, 11:19:20 PM »

rock n roooooooooooooooll  smoking

I am forming my own band, actually.  I'll get back to you in 5 years when I'm opening up for KISS.   smoking

Besides, I don't believe the current music scene is ALL bad, anyway.  Green Day and Blink-182 are two of my favourite bands, I love The Strokes and The Darkness, and even Dashboard Confessional is beginning to appeal to me.

when i posted i did infact realize that a lot of the people on this board are in bands or doing something similar. i wasnt attacking anyone or anything.

noooooooo not dashboard confeeeeeesional. well i guess they've done they're job cuz they must be so catchy/annoying that i actually still memorize some of the lyrics from only hearing that song from spiderman 2 like twice.

hope, dangles on a string, winding in, winding out *in breathy constipated voice(

that song annoys the hell out of me, but the melody must be good if i've remembered it.

fuck that i'm goin to listen to some umphrey's mcgee

*13mins later*

best..........guitar solo...........ever smoking
ClintroN
Legend

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2004, 01:55:07 AM »

I've been playin' in bands since i was 13,  guitar n' vocals

I did do something about.

n' still am.

June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2004, 03:41:33 AM »

I've been playin' in bands since i was 13,  guitar n' vocals

I did do something about.

n' still am.

good for you  ok

wait that sounded sarcastic and like a joke. i do mean it though.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2004, 05:46:13 PM »

I have to this this rap shit does really annoy espically when people try to follow it and act like assholes it just gets me really pissed off

EEEERRRR Little boy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: