Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:44:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227700 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  GN'R On Tour!
| | |-+  Past tours (Moderators: Kiki, Sukie, Pandora)
| | | |-+  Toronto - Nov 29th
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Toronto - Nov 29th  (Read 158712 times)
dragan0T3
Rocker

So Axl, when are we getting a new album- 2023?! ;)

« Reply #100 on: November 28, 2002, 05:32:55 PM »

If anyone in TO finds out that Axl n' the band are here, please post it here - I'm trying to listen to Q107 and 97.7 Hitz FM for any news.

[beer]  GOOD FUCKIN' ROCKIN' AWAITS US, BABY!!!

I'll be wearing my old, ripped up, GN'R 92 shirt - it deserves to see them too!

Metal is better than ever - try Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Dragonforce, Children of Bodom, Kamelot, Symphony X, Stratovarius, Heavenly, Dream Theater, Dimmu Borgir etc.
P.S. You Finns f'n rock! _|m|
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2002, 08:16:20 AM »

Very excited about tonight!

Fuck All Y'all
queen bee
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2002, 09:37:52 AM »

axl will be staying at FOUR SEASON HOTEL.  [beer]
[how do you know?Huh?/quote]

XOXO
Gnrfan
Ben Brightside
Legend

« Reply #103 on: November 29, 2002, 09:40:08 AM »

axl will be staying at FOUR SEASON HOTEL.  [beer]
[how do you know?Huh?/quote]

What happened there?

I'm Gonna Buy A Gun And Start A War
If You Can Tell Me Something Worth Fighting For
[/color]

Get on your Dancing Shoes
queen bee
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #104 on: November 29, 2002, 10:15:30 AM »

ooooops!

XOXO
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #105 on: November 29, 2002, 02:35:43 PM »

THIS IS IT LADIES AND GENTS
 [beer] [hihi] [beer] [hihi]  [beer]
axlsalinger
Rocker

All I got, is precious time...

« Reply #106 on: November 29, 2002, 04:17:23 PM »

GREAT NEWS, KIDS... Axl Rose is definitely in Toronto!!!!!

Check out page 29 of today's Toronto Sun - apparently Axl went out for dinner last night at CENTRO in the Yonge/Eglinton area, and went downstairs afterwards to check out a blues artist named Michael Dunston. They posed for a picture together which is printed with the article.

Here's a link to the article online:
http://www.canoe.ca/TorontoNews/ts.ts-11-29-0034.html

The online article does not include the photo, but the newspaper does, as mentioned, on Page 29!! Axl is wearing a black baseball cap, & he's got the long hair braids, etc. Looking, ahem, very young.

I will see y'all at the ACC tonight, and I can't fuckin' wait!!!!! Maybe we should organize to all meet up at the Hard Rock Cafe afterwards!!!!!!!!!

When all is said and done,
We're not the only ones,
Who look at life this way
Lose Your Illusions
Rocker

« Reply #107 on: November 29, 2002, 04:22:49 PM »

I know this is late but anyone interested in buying 2 tickets? I have sec 120 row 18 seat 23-24. I'll sell them to you for $140. thats less than face value. I know its late but if ur interested post here
axl2
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #108 on: November 29, 2002, 05:23:35 PM »

I know this is late but anyone interested in buying 2 tickets? I have sec 120 row 18 seat 23-24. I'll sell them to you for $140. thats less than face value. I know its late but if ur interested post here

are u not going too the show?

www.bluejayfever.com

Blue Jays Site/Forum...Need Some Members For This Board. We Plan To Make It The Best Jays Site Online.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2002, 01:59:19 AM »

Great Fuckin Show.
queen bee
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2002, 02:08:59 AM »

GREAT NEWS, KIDS... Axl Rose is definitely in Toronto!!!!!

Check out page 29 of today's Toronto Sun - apparently Axl went out for dinner last night at CENTRO in the Yonge/Eglinton area, and went downstairs afterwards to check out a blues artist named Michael Dunston. They posed for a picture together which is printed with the article.

Here's a link to the article online:
http://www.canoe.ca/TorontoNews/ts.ts-11-29-0034.html

The online article does not include the photo, but the newspaper does, as mentioned, on Page 29!! Axl is wearing a black baseball cap, & he's got the long hair braids, etc. Looking, ahem, very young.

I will see y'all at the ACC tonight, and I can't fuckin' wait!!!!! Maybe we should organize to all meet up at the           do you think someone could scan that picture so i can see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XOXO
queen bee
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2002, 02:10:39 AM »

could someone scan that picture so i can see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

XOXO
J?
Kid In The Hall
Banned
VIP

Here Since January 11th 2002

« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2002, 02:25:30 AM »

Jimmys review, totally fuckin awesome!

On first Mix Master Mike , he was alright crowd didnt react that good but they werent booing, next was CKY I did not see them i was going around with my girlfriend Kira, she was tall blonde hair, anyhow we where walking and some guy just barfs out of no where im like what the fuck and the guy kept walking and Kiras like pointing at barf yet people walking threw it. Anyhow we get back to our seats and they are showing cameras of chicks flashing and shit, Axl said guys keep it on, girls take it off on the mike from the back. ANyhow lots of flashing I was bye two fuckin hippy guys and two chicks who where shown once on the screen they where dancing all night. Anyhow setlist I cant tell you it was basically the same, ill go by the shit i know

Order I Know Songs They Played:
Welcome To The Jungle
Its So Easy

order fucked up here

Rocket queen
Madagascar
The Blues
My Michelle
Chinese Democracy
Patience
Nightrain
**Encore** Paradise City

Songs they played I dont know where they go:
Mr Brownstone
November Rain(with the asshole song intro, and a long version of the leeds festival thing)
Live and Let Die
Think About You
Knocking on Heavens Door(orginal)
Out Ta Get Me
You Could Be Mine
I might have missed some shit but ya!

Axl came out with a Home Leafs jersey number 26, black sports pants and white shoes, Later he changed to a Away Leafs jersey with no number, then Raptors jersey, then Blue jays and finally an unknown jersey..

Dizzy Reed, Turquiose wife beater and brown cordish pants!

Brain, Blue Tartan shirt and black buckethat.

Robin Finck, Black outfit  no make up.

Buckethead All black except for the fucking blue cape apron.

Richard Fortus, Suzuki shirt and black leather plants, later he took off Suzuki shirt then just tshirt black.

Tommy Stinson, Tartan Red suit, later took off blazer for white wife beater.

Chris Pittman, cant remeber but he put  a hat on and off, a couple of times.

Axl did a rant on the press how they are bashing him for playing the old songs, he said well no shit hes playing them , this band just got started. Axl also got numerous flowers from the crowd and smelled them then gently placed them on the stage thing. He talked about earlier before the press rant about toronto having the best fucking girls and how he isnt saying that like some people , he should send David Lee Roth out to get them for the people,  he did a girly voice on the subject of how you get backstage.

Oh ya lots perverts where grapping my girlfriend Kiras ass, it was disturbing to say the least about the perverts, and they showd this funky old weed guy numerous times on the screen! I fucked my voice up screaming riot, we started a chant ouch it hurts but ya! awspp,me show i was in 109 row 28  seat 22!

Anyhow a really good show, solid all the way through, ACC was fuckin packed I didnt see any empty seats, it looked like a complete sold out 16000ish it was fuckin awesome!

[peace] [peace] [peace] [peace]

Sorry about my spelling and shit im wired!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2002, 02:30:39 AM by JimmerJammer » Logged

Fuck All Y'all
dragan0T3
Rocker

« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2002, 03:52:08 AM »

He?s back and better than ever!!!
Toronto Nov. 29th was not good? not very good? not even excellent?  IT WAS PERFECT!!!

Nothing went wrong the whole night and ACC was FULL ? at least 14,000 people; actually Axl said at one point it was 16,000.  I could not see empty seats even in the highest and farthest sections.  To make a short summary, the set list was the familiar one (only three ?new? songs) with maybe a couple of changes in order.  Axl did not make rants about former members but he did have some devilishly funny stuff to say about some others (read below).  By far the best show I?ve ever witnessed ? BELIEVE ME WHEN I SAY THIS:  THERE IS NOTHING THAT I WOULD HAVE CHANGED ABOUT TONITE?S SHOW ? EVERYTHING WAS PERFECT N? THE WAY IS GN?R SHOW SHOULD BE.

Now the details?

7:30 ? 8:05  CKY
They were prolly better than what I expected ? a couple of songs you could actually get into (96 people and another one).  I heard no one booing them, and after each song people applauded as they liked them.  For you guys that hate this band, trust me, there?s many much much worse opening acts I had to sit through.  Regardless, they figured out how to get everybody in the crowd to cheer ? just say something like, ?What?s up Toronto, you guys are at a motherfuckin? Guns N? Fuckin? Roses concert!? (MMM did the same thing)

8:30 ? 9:05  MIX MASTER MIKE
Since by this time more people had arrived in the building, he got a little more positive response from the crowd.  His stuff isn?t that bad, but like someone said before, ?it gets old quick?.  He had some cool video stuff on the screens so whatever? again no one booed him, and everyone was applauding when he was done.

9:15 ? 10:30  ?GIRLS GET ?EM? OUT TIME
Basically sit in your chair and wait and watch some nice looking girls flash the crowd and/or make out with other girls on the screens.  Until about 10 o?clock no one ?got ?em out?, but then one did and everyone started doing it.  A funny thing:  they were showing these hot chicks, and then all of a sudden they show this 60 year old old-school rocker smokin? weed.  Everyone went nuts? grandpa didn?t even realize he was on it until they showed him about 10 times.  Anyway, I was getting a little stiff as I had been sitting down since about 7:00 when they opened the doors (oh yeah, they did have really tight security tonite, and made me take of my shoe cause the metal detector was beeping around my shoe (why I have no clue).  Oh yeah, they also showed a fight between some guys on screen and everybody started cheering ? gotta love those crazy bloodthirsty Canucks.

Metal is better than ever - try Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Dragonforce, Children of Bodom, Kamelot, Symphony X, Stratovarius, Heavenly, Dream Theater, Dimmu Borgir etc.
dragan0T3
Rocker

« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2002, 03:52:36 AM »

10:35 ? 12:40  GUNS N? FUCKIN? ROSES
The stage is amazing, the lights are awesome, the sound was perfect, and those flames are fuckin? out of this world.  Anytime they put the flames on, you can really feel the heat ? I have no clue how the band takes it but it?s the coolest.
OK
1. Welcome to the Jungle ? ?Do you know where the fuck you are??  the place (now filled to capacity) goes nuts, crazy, etc.  The sound of Axl?s screeching scream is unbelievable and the band plays it with everyone in the audience singing along.  Oh yeah, the jersey thing ? white (home) Toronto Maple Leafs (hockey) jersey with NO name but with #26.  He wore this for about half the show.

2.  It?s So Easy ? starts right after Jungle, and people are still going crazy and singing their asses off.  This being one of my favourite tunes really made me enjoy it.  Oh sorry, maybe I should mention what the guys wore:
Axl ? the jersey, black shiny sports pants, and white running shoes ? braided hair
Robin ? black ?suit? with black and white striped socks (his pants were a little shorter than they ?should? be) and black shoes/boots like Dr. Marteens.  His hair is quite long, and he wore a sort of Samurai hat for the first three songs ? looked really awesome, like one of those guys from the Mortal Kombat game
Buckethead ? ?bucket, mask, wig? (well of course), and a black work suit kind of thing (like a mechanic wears).  Also the small cape at the back.
Fortus ? a orange/black Suzuki motorcycle ?jersey? ? like the ones those X-Games guys wear.  Black leather(?) pants.
Tommy ? exactly like in Rio ? white undershirt (no star GN?R logo, something else though) and those striped pants
Brain ? looked like a fisherman ? hat, and a shirt, pants I could not see;  he still has the goatee
Dizzy ? tank-top, but not the GN?R logo one ? it was black with some other logo on it, plus black jeans, dread hair, and a chain (punk rock style) on his right hip
Pittman ? ??in a suit he said he would not get into? ? Axl;  so yeah a 70?s type suit ? pretty nice actually

3.  Mr. Brownstone ? a couple of seconds pause after Easy;  again people were still singing and rockin?

4.  Live and Let Die ? actually I was expecting Axl to say something but they went straight into it.  The first time they used the flames, and the first time people around me were in awe of Axl?s screaming abilities.  Finck has the helmet one for this one.

5.  Knockin? on Heaven?s Door ? again, no speech just played it straight up ? the crowd took their lighters out and waved them ? looks especially cool when you look behind (since I was on the floor, which did have seats btw, about 50 feet from the stage) and see those guys at the very top and far away.  The crowd is into it?

6.  Think About You ? great rockin? tune (much better than on the CD) especially after a slow one like Knockin? ? I was surprised by the amount of people that knew the words to this song.

dragan0T3
Rocker

« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2002, 03:53:00 AM »

7.  You Could Be Mine ? I think Axl says something like ?Hello Toronto? although he did say it during the songs like in Jungle ?Do you know where the fuck you are Toronto, Canada??.  He introduces Brain by saying, ?We?ll let Brain start this one.?  No screw ups btw ? sounded excellent.

8.  Sweet Child O? Mine ? introduces Finck on guitar, and he does his solo, and starts the infamous lick ? people go nuts!  Played to utter perfection.

9.  November Rain ? finally a few words from Axl:  he says ?We have a lot of nice looking girls out here tonite? and then he says something about the Leafs and the Raptors, something about how it?s hard to watch sports when there are so many good looking women ? like why watch guys, when you can be with girls.  Then he says something really funny about David Lee Roth ? like he was chosen to pick the girls that go backstage and he does a really good job of it, since he has nothing better to do these days.  Then it?s the ?Let?s bring out the piano? line.  He sits down and starts singing this ?folky? song I don?t know ? a parody sort of thing.  Then he starts his ?playing with the audience? solo and his serious solo, until Brain does the opening drum line and Rain starts.  Note:  Richard Fortus plays the first solo, Finck the second, and Buckethead the last solo (i.e. outro)  BH is not on stage until the conclusion of the piece, which btw includes a fantastic rain-sparks effect.

10.  Buckethead solo ? Axl takes time to introduce the whole band, ending with BH.  He also says, ?You guys never expected me to pull this (i.e. Buckethead) out my bag of tricks? + the alien/chicken coop thing.  Great reception for a great guitarist!  First he does his nun-chucks thing, then he plays the medley solo (nothing you haven?t heard before), and then he gets his Foot Locker bag and gives out the toys.  Some guys around me (well me too) were really in awe of his playing abilities.  Oh and Brain and Pittman actually played at the beginning of his solo ? sound really awesome with the three of them.

11.  Out Ta Get Me ? Jersey alert #2:  has a no name, no number (road) blue Leafs jersey.  First real rant:  ?So how many of you were at that Montreal show (GN?R-Metallica tour riot)?  People start cheering? ?I don?t know what?s up with Canada?? referring to the two riots.  He mentioned Vancouver, and jokingly said, ?so Ohio State won, and they had a riot ? so I was watching it on TV, and I?m like, ?Fuck, I?m late again!??  Really cool and funny?  Then he says something like, ?Don?t get me started on Montreal, I have a lot of things to say about our friend Lars (sarcasm all the way), but we?ll have time for that later?  Actually he never got back to it?  Some guys start shouting, ?Metallica sucks!? while others laugh.  The song starts and rocks? now you can really tell the real GN?R fans apart since only they seem to know the words.

12.  My Michelle ? actually now I think I screwed up ? the above rant was before My Michelle not Out Ta Get Me.  Regardless, this song in my opinion, looked like the most rockin? song.  Everyone in the band was running around full of energy.  Sounded great!

dragan0T3
Rocker

« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2002, 03:53:22 AM »

13.  Madagascar ? more audience knows this song than I thought.  Axl sounded great again, and sang all the notes/words with perfection.  Great reception!  Cool videos of MLK behind and his speeches.

14.  The Blues ? piano gets out and people start cheering ?Dizzy, Dizzy,?? .  He starts the song, and not as many people know this one ? I?m proud to say that I didn?t miss one line tonite, and that I still got my voice, so I suggest you do warm ups in your car as you listen to GN?R.  Axl sounds great (again), and this is the only song which I heard a better version of (Rio one).

15.  Rocket Queen ? Brain starts it, and they do have this 70?s disco groove video in the background.  Fortus does the solo, but the best part of it is the second part of the song where everyone in the arena starts clapping to that intro drum beat along with Axl.  Rocks period.

16.  Chinese Democracy ? Axl rant #2:  imitates (in a funny gay voice) a recent reviewer who said that some songs sound ?dated?.  ?Well no shit!?, Axl says and everyone starts cheering.  He goes on bashing this guy, and at one point says something in general about news guys, ??that?s what you get when you can?t get a real job!?  The songs starts with all them flames.  Again the crowd seems to like the new stuff.

17.  Patience ? I heard better versions but Axl did sound great ? only problem is that the two acoustic guitars are hard to hear, so Finck sounds like he?s alone.  I don?t have to tell you that songs like this everyone in the arena enjoys.  Great atmosphere.

18.  Nightrain ? well I?m beginning to feel sad ?cause I know the show?s about to be finished.  Regardless the crowd really enjoyed this one and the extended band only session at the end (kinda like Paradise City?s jams).  Axl says, ?Good night Toronto? and the band leaves with the cheering fans still wanting more.  All three guitarists play solos, and for those that think Fortus is not really involved, I got news for you ? he plays on more stuff than Buckethead who usually is featured on the solos more than on the rhythm guitars.

19.  Paradise City ? after a minute or two the band does the encore.  Axl jersey alert #3:  Toronto Raptors (basketball) (road) purple/black #15 Vince Carter.  The band sounds great again with no screw ups ? actually after Finck?s little intro, it is Fortus that does the opening chords of Paradise City.  Axl jersey alert #4:  changes into a (road) Toronto Blue Jays (baseball) grey/blue sleeves jersey with no name nor number.  Axl jersey alert #5:  near the end of the jam session Axl changes into a strange hockey jersey ? the background looks like the road green/black Dallas Stars jersey, but this one has a different logo on it ? I couldn?t tell what it was but it looked like the Harley-Davidson logo ? no names or numbers.  Show end with confetti and the whole arena rocking!  ?Good fuckin? night Toronto!? and throws the mic down on the stage (not crowd).  He actually threw his whistle for Paradise after he used it?  Oh btw, there were several roses, and one particularly large (must?ve been 24) of bouquet of white roses handed to Axl ? I even think some one gave him a drink too at one point.

dragan0T3
Rocker

« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2002, 03:53:40 AM »

Anyway, it?s 3:41 in the morning here now, so I should prolly wrap this essay up.  Perfect show from start to finish!  I wish they had recorded this for a future release so you?d know how great it was.  The video screens (and the whole stage in general) looked amazing, with those great Matrix-type effects.  The crowd was never negative and the show was sold-out for sure.  One of the greatest nights in my life and GN?R history I?m sure.  You could tell that the band (esp. Axl) was really pleased to look up at the rafters and see them filled.  This new band does kick ass and I can?t wait for Chinese Democracy to come out.
On a personal note, I bought the long dragon sleeve GN?R Chinese Democracy World Tour shirt ? $80 Canadian, I think the most expensive one.  Other shirts cost at least $45 Canadian, and all of them looked great so I had a hard time picking, but I chose this one cause I knew not many people would buy it (and I was right).  BTW I didn?t really like that rather cheap imitation of the Lakers jersey ? it?s a cool idea, but poor implementation.  I didn?t find the soccer jersey so I dunno.

I finally got to hear/see Axl ? I?ll sleep well tonite!  Have a great time at the other shows, as I?m sure you will!

/signing off
Dragan0T3

P.S.  Dizzy gave an interview with Q107 at 6:40 before the show ? I did not hear it.

Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

And for the finishing touch, God created the Dutch

« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2002, 04:53:01 AM »

Jarmo and the 'crew',

Some notes on the Toronto show:

Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone,
Live And Let Die, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Think
About You, You Could Be Mine, Robin Solo, Sweet Child
O' Mine, Out Ta Get Me, Axl Piano Solo, November Rain,
Band Intro, Buckethead Solo, Rocket Queen, Madagascar,
The Blues, My Michelle, Chinese Democracy, Patience,
Nightrain

Encore: Robin Solo, Paradise City

Audience: Pretty much sold out.  Axl mentioned at one
point "I'm here with 16,000 friends."  I'd say that's
about right, maybe 17000.

New songs were very well received.

Quotes by Axl:

Mentions how hard it must be playing hockey in this
arena with all these girls walking around.  "Are you
going to be focussing on a stick and a puck, or, well,
on..."

Started to ripping into reporters.  Mentions how he
read a review of one of the shows and the journalist
said that the songs were "dated."  Axl looks at the
crowd, pauses, and says, "NO SHIT!"  Then proceeds to
bash reporters, saying how "they make a living off
disucssing what people do."  That they do what they do
because they couldn't get a real job. (Don't expect
any good reviews from any Toronto newspapers Axl).

He then asks the crowd, "So how many of you were at
that Montreal show."  Starts shaking his head.  He
then went on to talk about Columbus and made the same
joke as in a few other shows that he thought he was
late, hence the riot in Columbus.  He then begins to
talk about Montreal a bit, not too much details (I've
forgotten a bit), but then says, "we'll have a talk
about Montreal and our good friend Lars a little
later."  Unfortunately, he never did speak upon the
subject again.  Anyone going to London tomorrow might
get a good rant.

After My Michelle, Axl noted about how the song was
fitting with some girl he saw walking down the stairs
who was wearing a very high skirt.

When Axl introduced Chris Pitman, he mentioned
something about "someone who swore would never wear
this suite ever..." and began to laugh (so did Chris).

He also said something about CKY or what someone from
CKY was mentioning to him, but I seem to have
forgotten it.

Axl was pretty talkative and in good spirits.  I think
he was pumped with the fact that the entire venue was
filled.  

I'll write a full review tomorrow.  The sound was not
as good tonight as I had a hard time hearing Axl some
times (they really need to hire a new soundman).  I
feel really sorry for those who went to the Detroit
show because Paradise City was amazing.  What a way to
close the show!'

Well, off to bed.  Expect a real review tomorrow with
my ratings break down of the band.  Still have no idea
what Chris Pitman does.  As I got a view from my view
point (I was right along the side), the guy just plays
with his right hand the whole night and moves the damn
keyboard around).  It was nice seeing some of you
before the show (Angel, Jossee, and Elena).  Hopefully
we might be able to meet up for tomorrow in London.

Cheers,

Andrew

Unless your a hemmerhoid, get off my ass!
Kiki
The Clog Lady
Legend

And for the finishing touch, God created the Dutch

« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2002, 04:53:19 AM »

I guess, after coming home from tonight's show, I will try to write the
first Toronto review.

This was my 2nd show on this leg of the tour (the first being at Auburn
Hills).  It's funny, I thought that was a great show (despite no encore),
however, this show was much, much better.  I got to the place right at the
end of Mixmaster Mike.  I was annoyed because I figured we'd have over an
hour of nothing to do.  Luckily, the girls here were better looking and
more adventurous than in Detroit (all spare all the female readers of the
lust I had for this girl who looked like Anna Kournikova but with better
*features*).

The band finally went on at around 10:40pm.  I must say, the lights and the
music before the show go on is great.  It has a nice eerie feel to it.  The
set was the standard set, so I won't bother writing it all out.  Axl did
much more talking than the Michigan show, which was great.  He talked about
how he doesn't understand how we're able to concentrate on hockey because we
have so many beautiful women here.  He talked about how a newspaper writer
wrote that the old songs sound dated.  He agreed and said they are dated,
but how on this leg of the tour, they're just having some fun with the old
songs.  He then mentioned how there is nothing worse than being a newspaper
writer.  He said how bad is it that your job is writing about other people's
lives.  Finally, my highlight, earlier in the show he said that some girl
asked why some girls get backstage and others don't.  He said that they get
David Lee Roth to go through the crowd and pick out the hot girls, because
he has good taste and he has nothing else to do.  The last Axl talk, I
believe, was after 'My Michelle', he said he saw a girl in a school girl
skirt and that is the perfect example of 'My Michelle'.  I think that's all
he said on the night.  I'm sure if I have forgotten something, someone else
on this list will point it out.

Axl wore two Leaf jerseys, a Raptor and Jays jersey and another one which I
couldn't make out.  He seemed to be in a great mood all night.  He even did
a joke song before November Rain (I think he did that somewhere else).

Each time I go to the show, I love watching the band play too.  My friend
walked away saying how the highlight for him was Buckethead.  The whole band
is great.  I also love Richard Fortus, but they're all great in their own
way.

Finally, the place was almost packed.  I was surprised about this.  I would
guess there were about 16 000-18 000 people there.

That's enough for now.  I'm tired and I need to get some sleep, so I can I
do this all again tomorrow night.

Andrew DNB-list

Unless your a hemmerhoid, get off my ass!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: