Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 11:27:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Searching for a new guitarist!!!???
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Searching for a new guitarist!!!???  (Read 12480 times)
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2004, 12:40:09 PM »

would a female guitarist work for you fans?

it would be kinda cool imo yes

I could only accept a female guitarist if she looks like Notorious B.I.G., has a bucket on his head, wears a Mickey Mouse mask and likes touring with her solo stuff. Otherwise she wouldn't fit the Nu-GN'R.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2004, 12:52:42 PM »

It would be harder for me to accept another guy to replace buckethead

he's just irreplaceable

and bands consisting of males only... don't need to be like that

motley had samantha maloney on drums for a while and it was kinda intresting...

a girl guitaris would make it pretty intresting 2 me\ or some nudity, dancers etc dig?
 without havin it bloated...
« Last Edit: December 04, 2004, 12:57:26 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2004, 01:44:42 PM »

It would be harder for me to accept another guy to replace buckethead

he's just irreplaceable

and bands consisting of males only... don't need to be like that

motley had samantha maloney on drums for a while and it was kinda intresting...

a girl guitaris would make it pretty intresting 2 me\ or some nudity, dancers etc dig?
 without havin it bloated...

I agree, buckethead is irreplaceable, in my mind. Not because there are as skilled players out there, but the character and image he brought to the new band just cannot be matched by ron thal or whoever.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2004, 02:00:28 PM »

Not because there are as skilled players out there, but the character and image he brought to the new band just cannot be matched by ron thal or whoever.
yes Fuck the publicity stunts!

Yay, Why not? It will pull off a great coup if she is a freaking excellent player who blends in well with the band (plus the good looks may well be an advantage greedy).? Because the enormous character and image BH brought to the new band may be matched only by such a player.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2004, 02:04:28 PM »

How is bucket not replacable in people's minds..? We don't have one album with him..

I feel everyone is replacable, hell the group has lost a few already.. The group begins with me when an album comes out..
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2004, 05:32:46 PM »

I believe Thal.
wave Go ahead n along with a person who has stated his arbitrary view that
no one could replace the original members(read "Slash") and he wouldn?t dare try but whoa, for some reason he could replace Buckethead (read "BH is replaceable").

I wouldn?t dare believe any dogmatists whose intentions were obviously to diss GNR of post96.
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2004, 11:44:35 PM »

I saw bucket four times with GnR; to envision someone else up there filling that void just doesn't excite me at all.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2004, 11:37:52 AM »

I believe Thal.
wave Go ahead n along with a person who has stated his arbitrary view that
no one could replace the original members(read "Slash") and he wouldn?t dare try but whoa, for some reason he could replace Buckethead (read "BH is replaceable").

I wouldn?t dare believe any dogmatists whose intentions were obviously to diss GNR of post96.

I believe he was contacted about joining GNR in some capacity , thats just my opinion. I have nothing against anyone who thinks he lied or believes him. I just feel a certain way about the event is all.  peace

Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2004, 12:15:25 PM »

How is bucket not replacable in people's minds..? We don't have one album with him..

I feel everyone is replacable, hell the group has lost a few already.. The group begins with me when an album comes out..

I couldn't agree more. Buckethead was undoubtedly a good guitarist (live) albeit not much of a showman (in my opinion), but we don't have any studio recordings to go by. Ironically that is where he is probably most likely to excel, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. I'm more concerned about the album coming out.

Yay, Why not? It will pull off a great coup if she is a freaking excellent player who blends in well with the band (plus the good looks may well be an advantage greedy).  Because the enormous character and image BH brought to the new band may be matched only by such a player.

Any suggestions? A really sexy shredder would rule, but I haven't seen to many of them before!

Here today...ready to rock
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2004, 12:41:23 PM »

What I don't understand is... Buckethead left 9 months ago. Why they started looking for guitarist
months later?

I just hope Axl won't record tha buckethead parts again with the new guitarist. This means even further delays.

shaun
« Reply #50 on: December 05, 2004, 03:14:37 PM »

The album is done, that can be released early 2005. They still have their lead guitarist Robin, so someone like Gilby could fill in for the live gigs.
thelostrose
Rocker

For Promotional Use Only...

« Reply #51 on: December 05, 2004, 03:47:20 PM »

What I don't understand is... Buckethead left 9 months ago. Why they started looking for guitarist
months later?

I just hope Axl won't record tha buckethead parts again with the new guitarist. This means even further delays.

i bet they started looking for a replacement earlier, but didn't find anyone till then.

...this melody inside of me still searches for solution...
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2004, 11:40:23 PM »

Personally- I'm for either bringing Buckethead back at all costs (who cares if he's a dick- the members of GN'R have never necessarily been "good guys", plus the man's got the chops and the charisma to be in GN'R), OR, failing that- promote Fortus up to co-lead guitarist with Finck and bring back Paul Huge to handle rhythm guitar if they absolutely need three guitarists live. Enough with the outsiders- let the guys who are emotionally attached to this project be the ones to tour behind it.

And, sorry to say ladies, but hell will freeze over before there is a female lead guitarist in GN'R. Unless she's a Victoria's Secret model who can play circles around Eddie Van Halen...peace
« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 11:42:45 PM by MaoAxl » Logged

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2004, 12:38:52 AM »

it stays accordin to tommy, in the worst case, they give him extra space on the album

hope they do a gilby (like no contributions to a finsihed product, just play live) yes

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jimmythegent
Legend

Live!! From Burning Hills, Wellington...

« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2004, 01:11:02 AM »

When Axl issued the statement regarding Bucketheads departure, the tone I got from it was that he would have him back in the band. I certainly hope this is the case, IMO Buckethead would play a big part as to whether or not ChinDem is a success

"Dive in and find the monkey!"
Groghan
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2004, 02:17:59 AM »

What about Paul Gilbert?
He can shred, he can do the classical thing, he can solo . . .  and he's a goofy, "fun" type of player. A guy that doesn't take himself too seriously in terms of the media and being a press-whore.
Maybe he could inject some fun back into Axl!
terozz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2004, 02:31:02 PM »

Vinnie Vincent Vinnie Vincent

Please!

He is a she now-a-days...so he/she would surely be weird enough for Axl  peace And the guy/gal can shread too.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2004, 02:57:01 PM »

Scabbie, I don't know anyone particular.
Just I prefer a female guitarist than a she-male in GNR. Yeah, I'm narrow minded. Embarrassed

I believe he was contacted about joining GNR in some capacity , thats just my opinion. I have nothing against anyone who thinks he lied or believes him. I just feel a certain way about the event is all.? peace
That is not what he claimed. Incidentally, What label was he in?
I guess I made it clear that I just can?t stand those who bamboozle GNR fans like you and us with fish stories and evasive tales into misconstruing the band for whatever reason. Oh should I add just in case you are not.....Or are You by any chance?
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2004, 03:53:55 PM »

Scabbie, I don't know anyone particular.
Just I prefer a female guitarist than a she-male in GNR. Yeah, I'm narrow minded. Embarrassed

I believe he was contacted about joining GNR in some capacity , thats just my opinion. I have nothing against anyone who thinks he lied or believes him. I just feel a certain way about the event is all.  peace
That is not what he claimed. Incidentally, What label was he in?
I guess I made it clear that I just can?t stand those who bamboozle GNR fans like you and us with fish stories and evasive tales into misconstruing the band for whatever reason. Oh should I add just in case you are not.....Or are You by any chance?

You've lost me now. I'm a GNR fan , have been since I bought AFD on vinyl back in 1987. I just honestly believe Thal was contacted by people within the GNR camp , be it managers or studio engineers , to come and feel things out and what have you.

Regardless of if I believe or dont believe Ron Thal makes me no less a GNR fan. I certainly dont think the guy tried to "fool" us to gain any fame or new fans .. Thal has proven over the years to be genuine and very open with his fans and I will give him the benefit of the doubt unless he says otherwise.

GNFNRAXL
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2004, 04:33:44 PM »

Can anyone confirm or deny this rumour.  Apparently Joe Satriani is helping Axl finding a new guitarist.  True or false?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: