Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:21:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227820 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Wake up, it's time to play!
| |-+  Nice Boys Don't Play Rock And Roll
| | |-+  [Begging for sugestions] Wanta make a band
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: [Begging for sugestions] Wanta make a band  (Read 3066 times)
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« on: December 02, 2004, 04:53:33 PM »

Hi there folks !

This is the deal... I've been learning guitar for about 2 years, I will continue learning, and I got a decent gear for playing.

A friend of mine, plays less than I (he did start playin later than me) but we have the same musical tastes. I also know about a decent drummer, not GOOD, but plays ok.

The problem is that I don't have the courage to start a band... I never played with other guys exept few times... and I really dunno how to start... I did create some songs and riffs, like my guitarrist friend...

My questions are:

Should we (2 guitars 1 drums) jam some covers together? or our own songs?

Should we call a bass player and a singer from day zero? like an audition?

I really feel musically "inmature" to start a band (I mean... I am not joining any band.. I am creating it with my friend) and I'm affaird to waste some others time.

Please share with me your experiences, that might help me.

Thanks guys !  peace

loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 04:56:04 PM »

I have never started a band before, but I would say stick with your friend, and just practice together.  Write a song or two (you don't need lyrics) and get to the point that you can play them, and then just be on the lookout for a bassist and a singer.  Bring the drummer in whenever you feel like you're ready for it...

The main thing, I think, is to be comfortable playing together, and the easiest way to start to achieve that would be to get comfortable playing with you friend with the same musical tastes.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 06:05:34 PM »

Look, I?ll tell you what I did with my band.It was (and still is) me, my best friend as a drummer, and my other friend as the bass player.And although it can be better to sart with playing covers, so that the band  gets comfortable playing with each other, my band started from zero, jamming with my ideas for songs and now we have about 15 songs, that are great.
Also, you should start just the 3 of you practicing some songs, till you get to do your own, and then start looking for a bass player and a singer.When they learn the songs you?ve done, start new songs with them involved.
Hope my aadvice helps you.

P.D:Dont feel  imature to start a band.After all, you?re friends have porbably never been in a band before, so you are all the same!

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 08:03:36 PM »

thanks for all your support guys !  peace

Since my friend will possibly go to learn guitar at the same place than I, I guess we can start playing songs with 2 guitars in someone's house, and then call the drummer for a small jam !

love

I wanna play covers from GnR, LA Guns, Gilby, Velvet, Stones... Wanna have fun ! (and possibly lots of chicks lol)

drool Rock and Drool

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 08:51:17 PM »

dude u gotta have confidence that is the key

if u are this nervous about starting a band with your friends, imagine how nervous u will be when u actuallyplay a gig.

its fun, remember that, its suppose to be fun.

ive had it with bands to be honest

ive been in several and im just too independent of a musician *call it axl syndrome* to really work well with an entire band

i get a song in my head and thats how it is, other peoples visions clash withmine and it just drives me crazy.

i have a a few guys wanting me to join their band but i just dont want too.

ive played with these guys before and they are a pain in the ass

if it were up to them theyd still wanna play green days "when i come around"

i mean cmon i dont need that.

i figure ill try to get signed and put a record out on my own, if i need a band to gig ill hire a backin/touring band.

playin in bands is fun, really helps u develop and will improve your skills tremendously.
plus it really gives u something to belong too.

what the hell i may call those guys up one is a drummer the other plays bass and give it a go.

im telling u, playin a show is an amazing rush like no other.

i remember though once we followed a christian gospel group at a  local festival in front of a thousand people.

needless to say only about 25 remained after our metal genre of music was over

metal didnt go over so well after a gospel band hihi

most importantly practice till u are tight

being tight as a band is the most important thing

u start well, play well and finish well

u gotta be as one as a band and everyone rock and carry their weight

u form chemistry through practicing so form the band and practice practice practice

gig when u have a good set of songs that u play good and just go for it!! dont let anyone tell u that u cant do it

follow those fuckin dreams till the end!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2004, 10:55:59 AM »

I did play Cure or Kill me and other spanish songs last weekend... I'll upload some mp3 or video later, I was really nervious before playing, but not when I came onstage.

I am not nervious or affaird about starting a band, I just don't wanna make my friends to waste time with me cuz I think they are way better than me.

But well... I'll make a try since I'm on vacations   hihi

Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2004, 12:14:44 PM »

dude u gotta have confidence that is the key
i get a song in my head and thats how it is, other peoples visions clash withmine and it just drives me crazy.

if it were up to them theyd still wanna play green days "when i come around"

i mean cmon i dont need that.

i figure ill try to get signed and put a record out on my own, if i need a band to gig ill hire a backin/touring band.

You sound tooo much like axl, be careful. hihi

*call it axl syndrome*

Yeah, dude, and I?m afraid you?re getting worst, go to a doctor quickly!!Or then you?ll start  with phase 2!!(braids and botox) hihi rofl beer rofl

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: