Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:42:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227698 Posts in 43242 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  FIFA------Player of the year!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: FIFA------Player of the year!  (Read 24185 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« on: December 02, 2004, 11:15:59 PM »

I asked your thoughts on this, in the footie thread, but you hooligans did not reply, so we'll start a thread dedicated to this award!

The nominees are Henry from Arsenal, Shevchenko from AC Milan, and Ronaldinho from Barcelona.

So who do you think's gonna be crowned?

I'm going with Sheva, he's had a hell of a year, and puts it in the net on a very consistant basis. And he's probably more valuable to his team than the other two are, league-wise, and internationally.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 09:39:54 AM »

Prob Ronaldhino. Sheva is going to win the "France Football Magazine Award", so Ronaldihno will get the FIFA player of the year. In Europe, the first mentioned award is more prestigious than the second. PRetty much everybody remembers who got it last year and the year before last, but hardly no one remembers who received the FIFA player of the year award.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 11:22:03 AM »

Prob Ronaldhino. Sheva is going to win the "France Football Magazine Award", so Ronaldihno will get the FIFA player of the year. In Europe, the first mentioned award is more prestigious than the second. PRetty much everybody remembers who got it last year and the year before last, but hardly no one remembers who received the FIFA player of the year award.

Er...no

No one gives a fuck about some award from a French magasine, the world playe rof the year award is the only one that matters a damn.

And Henry will win it.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 12:05:18 PM »

I don't think he will.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 01:28:26 PM »

Er...no

No one gives a fuck about some award from a French magasine, the world playe rof the year award is the only one that matters a damn.

And Henry will win it.

I assumed the FIFA one was the most prestigious, but you two would know more about this than me...

I don't think he will.

Who?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 02:38:13 PM »

Er...no

And Henry will win it.

Just because is french ain't good right Izzy? The FIFA player of the year should be the most prestigious award cause it's chosen by coaches of all national teams worlwide. "The France Football Magazine Award" is only given to players who happen to play in Europe. Every great player who happens to play here ( at least in spain) would like to receive the France Football award than the FIFA player of the year. Simply because it is more prestigious in Europe.

I said before, will say it again. Sheva will win the France Football Award and Ronaldinho de FIFA player of the year.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2004, 03:00:55 PM »

He has no idea, Metallifuck just posted to up his post count.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2004, 07:14:58 PM »

Er...no

And Henry will win it.

Just because is french ain't good right Izzy? The FIFA player of the year should be the most prestigious award cause it's chosen by coaches of all national teams worlwide. "The France Football Magazine Award" is only given to players who happen to play in Europe. Every great player who happens to play here ( at least in spain) would like to receive the France Football award than the FIFA player of the year. Simply because it is more prestigious in Europe.

I said before, will say it again. Sheva will win the France Football Award and Ronaldinho de FIFA player of the year.

Er...okay, but i happen to live in ''Europe'' too ya-know, and the Ballon D'or (as its formally called, feel free to launch into a tirade against me if my spelling is incorrect) is definetly second place to the World Player of the Year award. But ultimately, who cares peace

Quick! To the bandwagon!
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2004, 07:56:24 PM »

He has no idea, Metallifuck just posted to up his post count.

Oh yeah, gotta watch out for that hihi

----------------------------

So the way I see it, the FIFA one encompasses all, and the magazine only europe... why would europeans prefer their guy to be the big fish in the small pond, so to say?

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2004, 07:57:59 AM »

Er...okay, but i happen to live in ''Europe'' too ya-know, and the Ballon D'or (as its formally called, feel free to launch into a tirade against me if my spelling is incorrect) is definetly second place to the World Player of the Year award. But ultimately, who cares peace

Nah...my french is probably worse than yours. Maybe Dirt as he is from Canada knows better.

So the way I see it, the FIFA one encompasses all, and the magazine only europe... why would europeans prefer their guy to be the big fish in the small pond, so to say?

Ok, The best players in the world play in Europe. Plain and simple. The Ballon D'Or - as Izzy Brilliantly point out? Tongue - is given to any player who plays in Europe. Every great players dream is to come here ( either UK, Italy or Spain) and play for the very best. That's why argentinians, brazilians, uruguayans...leave their country to find glory in Europe. The FIFA Player of the year is like a second best trophy. A consolation prize.

In Spain, every newspaper, sport magazine, sports tv channel will give more relevance to? the Ballon D'Or than the FIFA player of the year. It may be different somewhere else, but this is the way it works over here year after year.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2004, 08:10:18 AM by Ignatius » Logged
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2004, 02:50:29 PM »

deco is a lot better than those 3 if u ask me
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2004, 02:58:35 PM »

Two things:

The French Magazine award? More prestigous? In England? (It's in Europe too, even though we don't want to touch the rest of you)

You're having a bubble bath mate.

On Deco being better than all three:

lol.

Oh, and a third bonus thing:

There is no chance in the slightest of Henry getting it. Guessing which of the other two will win though is like guessing heads or tails.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2004, 03:56:46 PM »

At least here in Brazil, the Fifa Award is more prestigious than the french one.

Ronaldinho will win, no doubt... he's the best.

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2004, 06:24:11 PM »

He may be the best...

...But that doesn't mean that he'll win.  Wink

It wouldn't suprise me at all if Shevchenko got it. Likewise with said 'the best'.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2004, 06:49:43 PM »

An up and comming Brazilian star (he's actually really good now) Adriano, i think it was, said that he beleives "Shevchenko should win. He is the best."

Yeah! I'm inclined to agree Smiley This when a fellow Brazilian is in the running, good stuff.

Pele had some critisizms about Adriano's play and he replied that Pele is jealous!

Talk about speaking your mind.

{i'm very sure it was Adriano, but if i'm wrong, somebody correct me}

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2004, 06:54:29 PM »

Do you mean Robinho?

Edit: I've heard nothing of him saying what you say, but Robinho is 'the next Pele', if that is who you have in mind. It could be somebody else.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 06:57:05 PM by used illusions [ aapc ] » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
badapple81
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2004, 09:12:26 PM »

I would have said Henry.. the guy is amazing. Having said that.. havent seen much of Sheva since moving to Australia, as we only really get the Premier League here.
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2004, 05:46:44 AM »

Metallifuck just posted to up his post count.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Henry.  The post before his ended with "I think Henry will win it" - so he said "I don't think he will".  It didn't seem too complicated to me. Undecided

I think Ronaldhino will win - he seems the most respected by coaches at the moment.  I'd love it if Henry won, but I doubt he will because he's never really excelled in the Champions League.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2004, 02:40:10 PM »

Do you mean Robinho?

Edit: I've heard nothing of him saying what you say, but Robinho is 'the next Pele', if that is who you have in mind. It could be somebody else.

It was Adriano, i found the story here:

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/041119/21/2nkg.html

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2004, 05:15:17 PM »

Really?

Oh Jesus, I've never even heard of him, and this Robinho is supposed to be the dogs.

Looks like another world cup for Brazil.  Sad

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: