Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:59:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227808 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  FIFA------Player of the year!
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FIFA------Player of the year!  (Read 24452 times)
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« on: December 02, 2004, 11:15:59 PM »

I asked your thoughts on this, in the footie thread, but you hooligans did not reply, so we'll start a thread dedicated to this award!

The nominees are Henry from Arsenal, Shevchenko from AC Milan, and Ronaldinho from Barcelona.

So who do you think's gonna be crowned?

I'm going with Sheva, he's had a hell of a year, and puts it in the net on a very consistant basis. And he's probably more valuable to his team than the other two are, league-wise, and internationally.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 09:39:54 AM »

Prob Ronaldhino. Sheva is going to win the "France Football Magazine Award", so Ronaldihno will get the FIFA player of the year. In Europe, the first mentioned award is more prestigious than the second. PRetty much everybody remembers who got it last year and the year before last, but hardly no one remembers who received the FIFA player of the year award.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2004, 11:22:03 AM »

Prob Ronaldhino. Sheva is going to win the "France Football Magazine Award", so Ronaldihno will get the FIFA player of the year. In Europe, the first mentioned award is more prestigious than the second. PRetty much everybody remembers who got it last year and the year before last, but hardly no one remembers who received the FIFA player of the year award.

Er...no

No one gives a fuck about some award from a French magasine, the world playe rof the year award is the only one that matters a damn.

And Henry will win it.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2004, 12:05:18 PM »

I don't think he will.

Bow to the Tempo of the Damned!
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2004, 01:28:26 PM »

Er...no

No one gives a fuck about some award from a French magasine, the world playe rof the year award is the only one that matters a damn.

And Henry will win it.

I assumed the FIFA one was the most prestigious, but you two would know more about this than me...

I don't think he will.

Who?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 02:38:13 PM »

Er...no

And Henry will win it.

Just because is french ain't good right Izzy? The FIFA player of the year should be the most prestigious award cause it's chosen by coaches of all national teams worlwide. "The France Football Magazine Award" is only given to players who happen to play in Europe. Every great player who happens to play here ( at least in spain) would like to receive the France Football award than the FIFA player of the year. Simply because it is more prestigious in Europe.

I said before, will say it again. Sheva will win the France Football Award and Ronaldinho de FIFA player of the year.
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2004, 03:00:55 PM »

He has no idea, Metallifuck just posted to up his post count.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2004, 07:14:58 PM »

Er...no

And Henry will win it.

Just because is french ain't good right Izzy? The FIFA player of the year should be the most prestigious award cause it's chosen by coaches of all national teams worlwide. "The France Football Magazine Award" is only given to players who happen to play in Europe. Every great player who happens to play here ( at least in spain) would like to receive the France Football award than the FIFA player of the year. Simply because it is more prestigious in Europe.

I said before, will say it again. Sheva will win the France Football Award and Ronaldinho de FIFA player of the year.

Er...okay, but i happen to live in ''Europe'' too ya-know, and the Ballon D'or (as its formally called, feel free to launch into a tirade against me if my spelling is incorrect) is definetly second place to the World Player of the Year award. But ultimately, who cares peace

Quick! To the bandwagon!
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2004, 07:56:24 PM »

He has no idea, Metallifuck just posted to up his post count.

Oh yeah, gotta watch out for that hihi

----------------------------

So the way I see it, the FIFA one encompasses all, and the magazine only europe... why would europeans prefer their guy to be the big fish in the small pond, so to say?

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2004, 07:57:59 AM »

Er...okay, but i happen to live in ''Europe'' too ya-know, and the Ballon D'or (as its formally called, feel free to launch into a tirade against me if my spelling is incorrect) is definetly second place to the World Player of the Year award. But ultimately, who cares peace

Nah...my french is probably worse than yours. Maybe Dirt as he is from Canada knows better.

So the way I see it, the FIFA one encompasses all, and the magazine only europe... why would europeans prefer their guy to be the big fish in the small pond, so to say?

Ok, The best players in the world play in Europe. Plain and simple. The Ballon D'Or - as Izzy Brilliantly point out? Tongue - is given to any player who plays in Europe. Every great players dream is to come here ( either UK, Italy or Spain) and play for the very best. That's why argentinians, brazilians, uruguayans...leave their country to find glory in Europe. The FIFA Player of the year is like a second best trophy. A consolation prize.

In Spain, every newspaper, sport magazine, sports tv channel will give more relevance to? the Ballon D'Or than the FIFA player of the year. It may be different somewhere else, but this is the way it works over here year after year.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2004, 08:10:18 AM by Ignatius » Logged
just_one
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2004, 02:50:29 PM »

deco is a lot better than those 3 if u ask me
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

Singin' tu-lur-a-lei-oh...

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2004, 02:58:35 PM »

Two things:

The French Magazine award? More prestigous? In England? (It's in Europe too, even though we don't want to touch the rest of you)

You're having a bubble bath mate.

On Deco being better than all three:

lol.

Oh, and a third bonus thing:

There is no chance in the slightest of Henry getting it. Guessing which of the other two will win though is like guessing heads or tails.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2004, 03:56:46 PM »

At least here in Brazil, the Fifa Award is more prestigious than the french one.

Ronaldinho will win, no doubt... he's the best.

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2004, 06:24:11 PM »

He may be the best...

...But that doesn't mean that he'll win.  Wink

It wouldn't suprise me at all if Shevchenko got it. Likewise with said 'the best'.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2004, 06:49:43 PM »

An up and comming Brazilian star (he's actually really good now) Adriano, i think it was, said that he beleives "Shevchenko should win. He is the best."

Yeah! I'm inclined to agree Smiley This when a fellow Brazilian is in the running, good stuff.

Pele had some critisizms about Adriano's play and he replied that Pele is jealous!

Talk about speaking your mind.

{i'm very sure it was Adriano, but if i'm wrong, somebody correct me}

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2004, 06:54:29 PM »

Do you mean Robinho?

Edit: I've heard nothing of him saying what you say, but Robinho is 'the next Pele', if that is who you have in mind. It could be somebody else.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2004, 06:57:05 PM by used illusions [ aapc ] » Logged

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
badapple81
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2004, 09:12:26 PM »

I would have said Henry.. the guy is amazing. Having said that.. havent seen much of Sheva since moving to Australia, as we only really get the Premier League here.
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2004, 05:46:44 AM »

Metallifuck just posted to up his post count.

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Henry.  The post before his ended with "I think Henry will win it" - so he said "I don't think he will".  It didn't seem too complicated to me. Undecided

I think Ronaldhino will win - he seems the most respected by coaches at the moment.  I'd love it if Henry won, but I doubt he will because he's never really excelled in the Champions League.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2004, 02:40:10 PM »

Do you mean Robinho?

Edit: I've heard nothing of him saying what you say, but Robinho is 'the next Pele', if that is who you have in mind. It could be somebody else.

It was Adriano, i found the story here:

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/041119/21/2nkg.html

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2004, 05:15:17 PM »

Really?

Oh Jesus, I've never even heard of him, and this Robinho is supposed to be the dogs.

Looks like another world cup for Brazil.  Sad

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2004, 05:21:25 PM »

He's damn good, he scored 3 goals for Inter Milan in their last game, he's only 22.

And yeah, Brazil doesn't slow down when it comes to producing top-notch talent

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2004, 05:29:32 PM »

Although that's because they have to.

It is one of only a few ways that they and their family can escape from poverty. That is precisely why Brazil have produced such outstanding talent, because everyone gives football a shot.

Over here, we could some fat lazy fuck who, having never kicked a ball in his life, could have been one of the best talents to come out of England based on raw talent. We'll just never know.

Pretty much anybody with two legs gives football a go over there.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2004, 02:36:41 PM »

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Henry.  The post before his ended with "I think Henry will win it" - so he said "I don't think he will".  It didn't seem too complicated to me. Undecided

Thank you, Danny Top Hat.

My posts may usually be short but I mean relevance to them, you know.

And yes, I was reffering to Thierre (sp?) Henry.

GNR_Green
VIP

Green Army

« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2004, 02:37:29 PM »

I don't think Henry should win it because his form is so patchy at high-levels of football.  In the Premiership he finds it easy do to the fact that the quality isn't as high as international or champions league.  Especially the defending.

I've always liked Shevchenko, I'd vote for him.  I was really impressed when he scored 20+ goals in his first season in Serie A, it takes talent to do that.  Not sure about this past year, but I've seen him briefly in champs league and serie A and he's got it all.

I like Ronaldinho, but you sometimes get the impression that he's too casual.  He's awesome, don't get me wrong, I just prefer more solid all-rounders like Shevchenko.  Ron's probably gonna win it though.

"Said if they had someone to buy it, Said I'm sure they'd sell my soul"
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2004, 03:34:35 PM »

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Henry.? The post before his ended with "I think Henry will win it" - so he said "I don't think he will".? It didn't seem too complicated to me. Undecided

Thank you, Danny Top Hat.

My posts may usually be short but I mean relevance to them, you know.

And yes, I was reffering to Thierre (sp?) Henry.

Some people answer the original post without much thought of it conflicting with later posts. I don't know exactly how you are yet, but given your history, it wouldn't have been that much of a surprise that you replied "I don't think he will" in order to attain post # 125.

Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2004, 05:15:31 PM »

Talli fuck, you did spell Henrys first name wrong.

It's spelt t-w-a-t.

I thought that was why he replied?

I doubt he even watches football.

Grin

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2004, 05:41:22 PM »

Talli fuck, you did spell Henrys first name wrong.

It's spelt t-w-a-t.

I thought that was why he replied?

I doubt he even watches football.

Grin

I have a season ticket for PAFC as does my Dad and my older brother, Here Today Gone To Hell member, GNR_Green.

You may find that most of my posts are short but they are short for a reason. Not to 'up my post count' but so people actually bother to read them. Think about it, if there is a bulging paragraph then some people won't bother reading it, whereas my compact posts can hold more-or-less the same information but in a way that can be read quicker. By the way, 'The Posting Thread' will never happen again.

Now, let's talk about football, people.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2004, 05:57:27 PM by Metallifuck » Logged

Chris Misfit
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2004, 11:05:15 PM »

What?
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2004, 10:02:02 AM »

What?

That's it Misfit, u and ur post boosting ways hihi

I think David Healey should win simply because he has been mentioned more times on this board than virtually any other player......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Metallifuck
Rocker

R.I.P. Dimebag 1966-2004

« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2004, 10:57:22 AM »

What?

I invented that, now i'm un-inventing it.

By the way, does anyone here support a team from the English Coca-Cola Championship?
Just wondering as I support Plymouth Argyle.

Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2004, 05:46:42 PM »

Robinho is an amazing player! Anyways, I don't think he will play that well in his first year at Europe. He's not tall or strong (less important in the brazilian championship than in Europe), but sure he will became one of the best in the world.

Santos is missing him a lot, since his mother was sequestrated (is this the word?) some weeks ago and he is not playing during this period...

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
Chris Misfit
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2004, 09:52:32 PM »

I think David Healy should win simply because he has been mentioned more times on this board than virtually any other player......

He's a fucking legend, and will be a major premiership star one day. Infact, I'd say about two seasons from now.
nemo
Opening Act

just a little fish

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2004, 11:20:16 PM »

so, i heard ronaldinho won then

welcome to the dance, bitch
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2004, 09:59:21 AM »

Yeah, Ronaldinho won. Not my kind of player, but at least he's a Guns N' Roses fan  Smiley

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2004, 02:18:26 PM »

Damn.

Anyway, congrats to him.......good thing he's a GNR fan!

Judge Dredd
VIP

Pretty Hate Machine

« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2004, 02:43:59 PM »

Yeah, Ronaldinho won. Not my kind of player, but at least he's a Guns N' Roses fan  Smiley

Er, no he didn't.

The announcement is in Monaco on Monday 20th December.

The Ballon D'Or is announced this Tuesday.

And Theirry Henry should win. ok

http://www.gnrstrip.com/forum/

Give Peace A Chance...
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2004, 12:20:44 PM »

Sheva's won the Ballon D'Or. ( I posted it)

Now if Ronaldinho wins the FIFA world Player of the Year, I'll play the lottery.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2004, 12:26:01 PM »

so, i heard ronaldinho won then

Yeah, Ronaldinho won. Not my kind of player, but at least he's a Guns N' Roses fan Smiley

Lies! Spreading lies!

Sheva's won the Ballon D'Or. ( I posted it)

Now if Ronaldinho wins the FIFA world Player of the Year, I'll play the lottery.

I guess it's highly unlikely that Sheva will win both, eh?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2004, 12:29:13 PM by the dirt » Logged

Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2004, 10:26:22 AM »

everyone gives football a shot.

Thats so not true. Ok, we arent rich country, and some people use football to get a better life, but thats not the reason we produce so many great players. It is because football is like a religion to us, and every corner you go there are people playing it. We have amateurs champinships in in the school, college, neighboorhood etc. And some great talents are discovered in those "peladas" (thats the word we use for some kind of recreative playing) and taken to professional teams.
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2004, 12:59:47 PM »

everyone gives football a shot.

Thats so not true. Ok, we arent rich country, and some people use football to get a better life, but thats not the reason we produce so many great players. It is because football is like a religion to us, and every corner you go there are people playing it. We have amateurs champinships in in the school, college, neighboorhood etc. And some great talents are discovered in those "peladas" (thats the word we use for some kind of recreative playing) and taken to professional teams.

And because they as a people aren't fat and lazy like us westerners, they actually do sport.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2004, 01:51:35 PM »

What?

I invented that, now i'm un-inventing it.

By the way, does anyone here support a team from the English Coca-Cola Championship?
Just wondering as I support Plymouth Argyle.

Yea, a Leeds fan here! OK don't laugh!

That's a hatrick for Doull
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2004, 06:49:31 AM »

Oh well.  I still think Henry deserved it more...
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2004, 07:32:38 AM »

And I think that Defoe did. We all have bias opinion here boy.  Tongue

Although, I seriously thought that Sheva would be second if he didn't win it.

Anybody think that Defoe stands a chance of being in the running next year? I certaintly do. Although, and it pains me to say it, I don't think that they will have the courage to put him in the top three if he stays at Tottenham throughout this season and next.

Assuming that we beat Norwich and Palace (Palace co0uld be a bit tricky if we lose our heads), then Spurs Everton on New Years day will be very, very interesting. I'm guessing that they are going to be contending with us for a UEFA Cup place later in the season, so it should be a classic six pointer.

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Danny Top Hat
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2004, 06:33:11 AM »

Are you joking, or do you really think Defoe is one of the best in the world?

I mean, he's very good and all, but he's not close to those three.
Jim
I was cured, all right.
Legend

« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2004, 08:37:44 AM »

You should have figured from the fact that I used the words 'although, seriously' in the next paragraph that I was joking.  Tongue I was just trying to illustrate your being bias. Fool.

Although, I was completly serious when I asked if you thought he had any chance of being up there next year. Have you seen him play this season?  Huh

He's been better than Rooney and Owen, in my opinion, this season, and if he does not completly break into the England team come our next qualifiers then I will be very, very suprised.

Oh, and be he at United, Arsenal or Chelsea then you would probably agree with me.  Tongue

But you just wait. Europe for us this season.  smoking

...Well. Either that or relegation.

Six losses then four defeats? I have a feeling that this season will end either incredibly or awfully. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground.  no

worst signature.

officially.

not chris misfit.
Pages: 1 2 3 [All] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: