Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:53:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227818 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Izzy's last two albums
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Izzy's last two albums  (Read 1908 times)
Scottyl333
Headliner

« on: December 05, 2004, 07:28:06 PM »

I was thinking about buying them but they are so exspensive.  Im talking about "On Down the Road" and "Ride On".  Does anyone know anyplace I can listen to the songs before I buy them?  Also, what are the best songs on those albums?Thanks
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 07:22:18 AM »

I didn't buy On Down The Road...import...and I just haven't gotten around to it.
Ride On is also an import but I ended up getting  a copy from a dude in the States (ebay)...it's got some cool stuff on it
The Groper is a real simple two guitar song with some nice slide work...this for me, is the reason to get this album
Needles is actually a "happy song" basic formula, talking about where he goes to "get away" from things
Hometown is pretty good, got some solid guitar riffs in it.
Here comes the Rain...okay stuff again it's alot like Hometown in the Riff department
California is pretty good...now that I think about it, the entire album has a definite vibe through the entire thing IMO...not a lot of mix up going on with regard to style (not that there's anything wrong with that) Grin
As far as getting snippets, I don't know Huh
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 01:01:22 PM »

I've downloaded all of his albums on Kazaa Lite, between Ride On and ODTR he released River btw

They're both really good albums, Ride On kinda has the 117 degrees vibe. My favourites are Spazed, Primitive Man, Trance Mission and Highway Zero.

On Down The Road is "softer" then Ride On and has more acoustic songs. My favourites are Sweet Carress, Coke'N and Way To Go.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: