Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:28:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227819 Posts in 43248 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  why bucket left
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: why bucket left  (Read 9584 times)
BucketvsSlash
Opening Act

Here Today...

« on: December 06, 2004, 12:58:32 AM »

Can anyone shed light into why Bucket left GNR. I dont understand Axl's letter very much. Why would Bucket get a copy of a show off Ebay?Couldnt him or Axl have gotten some of the master taping, being that most of the shows were pro filmed and surely edited live on the spot. Is Axl lying? Is Tommy a douchebag? Is Bucket really a weirdo asshole? Why did Bucket say he was in GNR on live TV but quit very shortly after?
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2004, 03:48:43 AM »

Can anyone shed light into why Bucket left GNR.  I dont understand Axl's letter very much. Why would Bucket get a copy of a show off Ebay?Couldnt him or Axl have gotten some of the master taping, being that most of the shows were pro filmed and surely edited live on the spot. Is Axl lying? Is Tommy a douchebag? Is Bucket really a weirdo asshole? Why did Bucket say he was in GNR on live TV but quit very shortly after?

According to the MTV report "Buckethead became fed up with Guns' inability to complete an album or tour and stopped working with them, his manager said" 

According to Axl's letter, Buckethead was 'inconsistent and erratic' and made it 'virtually impossible to move forward with recordings.'

How to reconcile these statements.
My personal take on it, is that perhaps Buckethead felt he had done enough - recorded enough, that is, and that he was finished and that was it.  I mean, if he didn't think he was done - how could he be expecting the album to be released?  He had to have been of the mind that he was done in order for him to be expectng the album to be released.
Perhaps... well, I should say - apparently Axl wanted him to continue to record - whether it be new parts or to re-do parts he had already recorded.  When Axl says that they couldn't move forward with recording... it stands to reason that he is referring to Buckethead parts.

So if Buckethead felt he was done recording - and Axl wanted him to record additional parts or re-record some existing parts...   I think that's where the problem stemmed from.  I think that is why Axl made it a point to say "despite being under contract".

As to why Buckethead got a video off of e-bay.  Perhaps the band taped video is not actually available to them.. or perhaps getting it off of e-bay was just easier for him

Tommy is most certainly not a douchebag!  Could just be that has some hard feelings because of the situation Axl described and because of Buckethead's untimely departure.

As far as Buckethead being an asshole...  if what i understand is true - and this is just a case of an artist who refused to change his parts or who refused to contribute more to a project he felt was already done....  that in and of itself would not make me think the guy is an asshole.
Could just be that he was discouraged that what he had already done wasn't good enough...
perhaps felt that he had nothing more to offer... and his heart wasn't in it anymore

As far as the talk about him having joined Guns with his own personal agenda in mind - Axl does not state to know it for a fact ... he says its something someone else said to him.

Can Buckethead come back?  Well, either Axl woulda had to/have to say - "You know what?  remember the parts i wanted you to change and the new parts I wanted you to work on...?  don't worry about it! forget it!"   OR Buckethead would had to/have to say "You know what?  remember the parts you wanted me to change and the new parts you wanted me to work on..?  Lets do it!"

But its been a while...
and I believe both Buckethead and GN'R have moved on....

ABut who wants a guitarist who doesn't want to be there anyway.   
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2004, 03:57:22 AM »

I personally did not know who Buckethead was before GN'R.  I'm glad he came to the new lineup and hope his parts will remain on the album (according to Tommy). He left because of lack of material being put out, and the continous cancellations or no shows.  Bucket did not want to be a part of a band that constantly had riots or people being pissed about paying for there favorite band and then not showing up.  If they had released the album during the 2002 tour, I think we would still see Bucket in the band.  I just can't imagine the band being as good without Bucket.  I guess anything's possible with Axl Rose I know CD will be great, but he really should leave Bucket's parts!
echrisl
VIP

Use My Delusion

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2004, 05:10:24 AM »

Because he's chickenshit (no pun intended) insane, and so is Axl.  Do you really need any further explanation?  Whatever he or Axl would tell you would be either a lie, or just wouldn't make sense, so why bother?

Enjoy the above post while it lasts ... lately posts made by those of us who maintain a firm grip on reality enjoy an infinitesimal lifespan. 

Yes, mods, I have noticed your fine work.  High Five!
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2004, 06:37:42 AM »

Buckethead is a very succesfull artist on his own, that could make it feel more near to be a contributer than a full member fighting full time for gnr and be on the same ship

He'd worked on it and perhaps wanted finished material just put out and do stuff
But after finsished material, there are other material+finishing touches

and gnr seem to put everything on hold until everythin is finished, done and ready to launch

and Tommy being a asshole, maybe not, they've said there's a lot of friendship and respect inside, so you're allowed to say your true opinion on people you feel safe and friends with

these people are also rockers, and when they say things in media it could also be accordin and influenced to the puplic profile to themselves or the projects they are involved in

Bucketheads parts stays, thats what i've heard from the members

Hope i'm not too ofroad now

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2004, 06:58:30 AM »

well, as much as i love gn'r. as of now i can only give BH credit. cuz let's face it. gn'r didn't do anything for the last 2 years, and BH is more than a Slash cover guitar player. he is a sucessful guitar player. and i think it's funny how from all the people he's worked with only gn'r complained. from what i've read everyone that works with him loves the guy. and that was the general feeling when he was in gn'r. he left so now he's the bad guy.
i'm happy for him. he should do what makes him happy and dealing with Axl's inability to work out an album must be quite exausting. i guess no money was worth the hassle.

Chinese Democracy!
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2004, 08:10:49 AM »

BH seems to be the kinda guy who just likes to do a few takes and put that on the album while Axl likes to do multi takes and pick the best take out.  Remember how dizzy say each song had like 4 different versions, i am sure BH got tired of waiting around and redoing the same parts over and over again. 

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2004, 08:15:03 AM »

According to the MTV report "Buckethead became fed up with Guns' inability to complete an album or tour and stopped working with them, his manager said"?

According to Axl's letter, Buckethead was 'inconsistent and erratic' and made it 'virtually impossible to move forward with recordings.'

How to reconcile these statements.
My personal take on it, is that perhaps Buckethead felt he had done enough - recorded enough, that is, and that he was finished and that was it.? I mean, if he didn't think he was done - how could he be expecting the album to be released?? He had to have been of the mind that he was done in order for him to be expectng the album to be released.
Perhaps... well, I should say - apparently Axl wanted him to continue to record - whether it be new parts or to re-do parts he had already recorded.? When Axl says that they couldn't move forward with recording... it stands to reason that he is referring to Buckethead parts.

So if Buckethead felt he was done recording - and Axl wanted him to record additional parts or re-record some existing parts...? ?I think that's where the problem stemmed from.? I think that is why Axl made it a point to say "despite being under contract".

As to why Buckethead got a video off of e-bay.? Perhaps the band taped video is not actually available to them.. or perhaps getting it off of e-bay was just easier for him

Tommy is most certainly not a douchebag!? Could just be that has some hard feelings because of the situation Axl described and because of Buckethead's untimely departure.

As far as Buckethead being an asshole...? if what i understand is true - and this is just a case of an artist who refused to change his parts or who refused to contribute more to a project he felt was already done....? that in and of itself would not make me think the guy is an asshole.
Could just be that he was discouraged that what he had already done wasn't good enough...
perhaps felt that he had nothing more to offer... and his heart wasn't in it anymore

As far as the talk about him having joined Guns with his own personal agenda in mind - Axl does not state to know it for a fact ... he says its something someone else said to him.

This elucidation sounds very rational. That?s crisp n natural like 1+1=2.

Perhaps Truth is simpler than fiction (= rumour). smoking

Lawzy
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2004, 08:51:05 AM »

BH seems to be the kinda guy who just likes to do a few takes and put that on the album while Axl likes to do multi takes and pick the best take out.  Remember how dizzy say each song had like 4 different versions, i am sure BH got tired of waiting around and redoing the same parts over and over again. 

I agree. Bucket likes to gets things down and released quickly. Just look at how much stuff he's released. It takes a lot of patience to be in GNR.
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2004, 09:12:13 AM »

This elucidation sounds very rational. That?s crisp n natural like 1+1=2.

Perhaps Truth is simpler than fiction (= rumour). smoking

thank you... glad to know that someone can 'see' what i was saying  ok

I think he was a great addition to the band...  apparently so did Axl as he personally pursued Buckethead for the band,
and as Axl stated in the letter - he "afforded Buckethead every acommodation"...
I mean really...
It had to be a trip to have that chicken coop built in the studio!  hihi
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2004, 11:43:58 AM »

WHo really knows, you have the statement where axl blamed everything ever wrong on buckethead, and then you have the? possibility that the guy is a great solo artist and probably figured things would happen alot sooner and realised guns was for people with tons of time and the idea they weren't going to do anything probably sucked ass in his mind..

The? you have the idea that a great player like bh has to share with two other players, like a group needs three guitar players,,. He is by far the best player there and he has to share lead n play rythm, not a big suprise he left.. The guy is driven and like to play, new gnr is celarly not a place for people that just want to play, it's a place for people with years to do nothing..

Everyone from new gnr has done something solo or worked with others to keep busy,? I think it's really selfish when you join a group and because the leader doesn't want to do anything everyone else must find their own work to keep busy..
Being bucket is driven he just probably said fuck this snail's pace I'm going to go back and just play like I want to.. Their only tour wasd cancelled so it must really suck, he did the smart thing and packed it in before he found himself sitting forever ,and never able to get serious outside the band because he never knows when axl might get up to play..
« Last Edit: December 06, 2004, 11:49:13 AM by mikegiuliana » Logged
Aero
Not Axl
VIP

Not Axl

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2004, 11:50:17 AM »

Axl didn't like the idea of playin in the same day and the same stage with velvet revolver  ok

Duff said they were asked to participate and they said ok.

I guess bucket leaving gnr was the perfect excuse to cancel rock in lisbon and delay a little more the new album... who knows maybe he will come back soon !

killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2004, 01:19:05 PM »

Bucket is not a guy who wouldn't put the energy and time into his music. He just doesn't put out anything for the sake of releasing new material. His work is well crafted and ingenious. I am a huge fan.

So what happened to bucket in gnr? Bucket has a number of side projects to which he is committed, his Giant Robot band, Claypool's C2B3 as well as others. He was asked to record a studio album with C2B3 and embark on a long fall tour. He toured with Giant Robot in the spring and summer. Clearly during this time, he also wanted to work on music as a solo artist. I believe that the uncertainty of the GnR record compromised these plans; he couldnt commit to GR or C2B3 or to studio time if he could be recalled at any time to re join Guns. He weighed the rewards staying with GnR vs. the satisfication from fulfilling his personal projects and decided that GnR was too hazardous to his career if he kept waiting.

As for not finishing his parts, this is of course is any one's guess. I have always said that Bucket's contributions are not as significant as we think. if he didn't finish his parts, it was probably due to lack of consistency in the recording process or his desire to complete a project instead of the nth revision of a project. Bucket no doubt took more satisfication from recording new music than patching a solo he wrote years ago.

Alot of blame has been cast on bucket for this lost year, but the cancelled 2002 tour was an embarrasment for the band that showed up and waited for their leader. We all should have known that casualties would have been taken after that incident.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
BucketvsSlash
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2004, 06:01:49 PM »

Tommy is kind of a douche if you think about it..For years he's been giving false hope to Guns fans..So i take his comments on Bucket with a grain of salt. I truly think that Bucket liked Gnr and was really anxious and happy about the material, but it never saw the light of day..In his Loder interview,he said he was excited..Cut to 2 years later and nothing....
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2004, 06:34:34 PM »

Tommy is kind of a douche if you think about it..For years he's been giving false hope to Guns fans..So i take his comments on Bucket with a grain of salt. I truly think that Bucket liked Gnr and was really anxious and happy about the material, but it never saw the light of day..In his Loder interview,he said he was excited..Cut to 2 years later and nothing....

exactly. Then if you ask bucket, do you want to do a full force GR and C2B3 tour or just a few odd dates while you wait for the landing of Axl and his starship spectacular. He didn't want to put off plans any more so he informed everyone he was pulling out. Diz and Tommy have been doing small venues with a small pick up band. Conversely, C2B3 was a quite an event, coordinating the schedules of 4 substantial talents.  He had commit totally or hold everyone back.

This is not to say that if news filters down to bucket that CD is about to take off, he might jump back on the ship. Tommy's comments however are tough to overlook.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2004, 01:26:26 AM »

A lot was blamed on Buckethead during his GN'R days.  I'm sure he wasn't even aware of some of the things he was blamed for.  Maybe this is the reason Bucket really left.  He was fed up with the band giving him a bad guy image.
BucketvsSlash
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2004, 02:29:54 AM »

what exactly was blamed on bucket,grog mug? Like I was talking about with my girlfriend today..Axl is a weirdo..Bucket is a weirdo..If anything negative was said on Bucket..it was by ignorant idiots.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2004, 11:26:10 AM »

what exactly was blamed on bucket,grog mug? Like I was talking about with my girlfriend today..Axl is a weirdo..Bucket is a weirdo..If anything negative was said on Bucket..it was by ignorant idiots.

Well you can say axl was the one who said alot of negative things about buckethead, the guy praticvally blamed him for anything wrong in gnr..

See my last post to see how I feel..
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2004, 09:21:49 PM »

wow!

A thread about why Buckethead left GNR without cussing and swearing and people calling him "fuckethead" ?!

This is a great thread and you've all made very good points. I think what his manager told MTV is explanation enough for me.  ok  You blew it axl. You and Big B coulda been such a dynamic duo in videos and onstage.  peace

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2004, 11:32:06 AM »

A thread about why Buckethead left GNR without cussing and swearing and people calling him "fuckethead" ?!

Perhaps that?s because we are no "NERD"s. Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: