Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 02:49:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  NBA 2004/2005
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NBA 2004/2005  (Read 41625 times)
BigCombo
Rocker

« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2006, 09:00:10 PM »

Get what?  I've said above that Nash is a great player who makes his teamates better.  But you can't deny that the Suns have great talent around Nash.  Those 29 games the suns won in 03-04 (look it up)...they might've won more if Amare wasn't out for 27 games.  Phoenix is having a great year (even without Amare) and Nash should be considered for mvp.

But Kobe is also having a tremendous year.  He's making history and putting up scoring numbers we haven't seen since michael in the late 80's.  Ultimately, as a laker fan, the only way he should win the mvp is if he carries his team into the playoffs.   

Sports is all about 'ridiculous theories'.  That's why we love sports.  I'd love to see Wilt Chamberlin average 50 points a year in today's NBA or see Kobe try for 100 back in Hershey, PA in 1962.  But we can't; so we spew these theories.

Kobe and Nash are completely different players; kobe is a scorer first; nash a passer.  Honestly I'd love to see them play together, but that'll probably never happen.

Surfrider
« Reply #101 on: January 28, 2006, 01:10:08 PM »

Kobe has NEVER even been the best player in the league at any time in his career. So how could he be the best ever???
He certainly is now. 

Jordan made his TEAM better, and his teammates respected him because they knew his #1 goal was to win championships. The same cannot be said for kobe.?
I heard on the readio the other day that Jordan took a higher percentage of his team's shots than Kobe.  I haven't checked it myself.  Kobe does not have the players on his team that Jordan had.  He does everything Jordan did when Jordan didn't have any players. 
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2006, 06:09:21 AM »

Kobe has NEVER even been the best player in the league at any time in his career. So how could he be the best ever???
He certainly is now.?

LeBron James almost had a triple double last night, while scoring more than 40 points and beating the Phoenix Suns. Kobe just doesn't play that type of game!

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2006, 11:20:27 PM »

Shaq had me in stiches at the All-Star game... his shoes... his intro... that dunk he did instead of a free throw... the big man knows how to have a good time.   ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2006, 08:54:00 PM »

who is everyone's favorite players

mine are

Dirk nowitzki
Steve nash
ron artest who is a fuckin beast!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2006, 10:09:47 PM »

My favourites would probably be:
Steve Nash
Chris Bosh
Tony Parker

I'd like to say Lebron,  I think he needs a little bit more personality.

The players I dislike the most are:
Wince Carter
Allen Iverson
Kobe Bryant
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2006, 07:33:07 PM »

Lebron seems like the fakest dude in the world to me. Like David Stern sit him down and had a whole image team make him over and scripted lines for him and trained him how to act etc.

Dont like guys with zero personality.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2006, 09:40:26 PM »

Lebron seems like the fakest dude in the world to me. Like David Stern sit him down and had a whole image team make him over and scripted lines for him and trained him how to act etc.

Dont like guys with zero personality.

Yeah, that's exactly it.  He's just missing something... but he's definetaly an amazing talent with a load of potential.
Rob
Legend

The dude abides.

« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2006, 10:40:27 PM »

My favorite all-time player is Reggie Miller.  Some of my other all-time favorites are Mark Jackson, Rik Smits, Dale Davis (I'm a Pacer fan if you didn't realize).  My current favorites are Jermaine O'Neal, Anthony Johnson, Jeff Foster, and Danny Granger is quickly becoming one of my favorites.  Ron Artest is a beast, but he's also the biggest moron I've ever seen.

Yowza!!!!!!!!!
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #109 on: February 24, 2006, 05:26:28 AM »

My favorite all-time player is Reggie Miller.? Some of my other all-time favorites are Mark Jackson, Rik Smits, Dale Davis (I'm a Pacer fan if you didn't realize).? My current favorites are Jermaine O'Neal, Anthony Johnson, Jeff Foster, and Danny Granger is quickly becoming one of my favorites.? Ron Artest is a beast, but he's also the biggest moron I've ever seen.

yep...definitely a Pacer fan.

Same as Eazy, I can tell he's a Toronto fan? hihi Chris Bosh? Roll Eyes

Mine are:

Ray Allen (always a fan) - he's got the most beautiful jumper of all
Chauncy Billups - Amazng how this guy was just an avarage player in all the teams he's played, and now an all star.
Pau Gasol - Well, I'm a bit biased there obviously, but the guy's numbers are his best ever.? 20 points and almost 10 boards per game + 4.5 assits! Great season for him.
Kobe Bryant - He is the most talented player around. His individual skills are simply amazing. However, he lacks the leadership, charisma and attitude.
Steve Nash - a He reminds a lot of John Stockton. The greatest point-guard ever.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2006, 04:12:51 PM »

Chris Bosh  Roll Eyes

The coaches of the NBA agree with me.   ok   Loads of potential and a good person to boot.

Steve Nash - a He reminds a lot of John Stockton. The greatest point-guard ever.

Is "the greatest point-guard ever" referring to Nash or Stockton?
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #111 on: March 01, 2006, 10:11:03 AM »

The coaches of the NBA agree with me.? ?ok? ?Loads of potential and a good person to boot.

He's good that's for sure.? But not that good, he's not even the best of that franchise? Tongue. There's a spanish point-guard there..I think he's better? Wink

Is "the greatest point-guard ever" referring to Nash or Stockton?

I was referring to John Stockton. He lack the image and charisma the likes of Magic, Isiah, Robertson had but this guy understood the game better than any other point guard in the history.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #112 on: March 03, 2006, 07:00:18 PM »

He's good that's for sure.  But not that good, he's not even the best of that franchise  Tongue. There's a spanish point-guard there..I think he's better  Wink

Hmmm... I haven't come across a spanish guard better than Bosh... I'll have to keep my eyes open.

I was referring to John Stockton. He lack the image and charisma the likes of Magic, Isiah, Robertson had but this guy understood the game better than any other point guard in the history.

Who wears short-shorts?  hihi

The roster for the 2008 Dream Team is stacked!  A lot of young players on there... but no Iverson?  Shocked
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #113 on: March 07, 2006, 06:11:07 AM »

The roster for the 2008 Dream Team is stacked!? A lot of young players on there... but no Iverson?? Shocked

I've seen that...ridiculous.  no

How about Bryant? I haven't seen the complete roster.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

Spiraling up through the crack in the skye...

« Reply #114 on: March 07, 2006, 01:05:51 PM »

Why take AI?  He's been a part of the last 2 teams that played poorly, he's selfish, and his best days are behind him.  Kobe was selected as was Lebron DWade and Melo.  This is a TEAM and not a collection of individuals. 

The point guard for the Raptors in question is Caldaron, he comes off the bench.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #115 on: March 07, 2006, 11:52:57 PM »

The point guard for the Raptors in question is Caldaron, he comes off the bench.

LOL, I know who Calderon is... but he's not even remotely close to being better than Bosh. Tongue

He's actually been in a really bad slump lately, the "rookie wall" I guess.  Charlie Villanueava on the other hand is on fire.  If the Raps were winning games like the Hornets, I'm sure Chris Paul wouldn't have Rookie of the Year as locked up as he does now.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #116 on: March 08, 2006, 10:37:48 AM »

I wasn't saying he was better than Bosh (not even close, Bosh is a stud).  But there seemed to be a question of Caldaron name so I supplied it.  Toronto should improve if Calangelo works his magic there too.

Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #117 on: March 08, 2006, 11:28:28 AM »

But there seemed to be a question of Caldaron name so I supplied it.?

Yeah I know..I was just messing with Eazy.  He said Chris Bosh was aomngst the best nba players today and I replied to him by telling he wasn't all that.  He and I both knew who Jose Calderon was since we'd already talked about him; he's from Toronto and I'm fron Spain.
gilld1
Banned
VIP

« Reply #118 on: March 08, 2006, 11:57:26 AM »

When all the youth in the NBA matures over the next 3-5 season the talent level in the league will be scary.  Dwight Howard is already a man among boys and he's only 19 or so.  Now if they could only hit jumpers.....
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #119 on: April 11, 2006, 01:14:25 AM »

When all the youth in the NBA matures over the next 3-5 season the talent level in the league will be scary. Dwight Howard is already a man among boys and he's only 19 or so. Now if they could only hit jumpers.....

It's already starting to get scary... I still can't get over the 2003 draft: Lebron James, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, Dwayne Wade & Chris Kaman!  The NBA is in good hands for awhile.

I'm starting to like James more and more, he has just been on fire lately.  I think the Cavs have won 10 or 11 of their past 12 games.  He's definetaly learning how to perform in clutch situations (I just read on NBA.com he drained another game winner) which he was getting criticized about for awhile.  I tuned into the Cavs .Vs. Heat game about a week back and got hooked watching James and Wade go at it.  In the first quarter I had a feeling James was going to land a triple double, and sure enough I turned the game back on in the fourth just in time to see him dish the ball inside for his 10th assist (which gave Cleveland the game too).

What does everyone think about the playoff situation right now?  I think the Lakers will hang on to the 8th spot in the west and get crushed by the Spurs, but I'd prefer to see a Suns .vs. Lakers series, that would be an offensive spectacle.  I think that the Bulls will boot Philly from the playoffs which would make me really happy...  I remember saying earlier in this thread that I thought the Nets (as much as I hate them) could probably take the East and they have been playing amazing lately.  I'm starting to second guess how they will perform in the playoffs without an inside presence though.  I think Miami would kill them if they ended up in a series.  Cleveland's playing good too... but it will probably end up being Detroit with their great chemistry.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: