Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:11:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The Tommy Stinson Interviews and Articles thread (If you have one post it here)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Tommy Stinson Interviews and Articles thread (If you have one post it here)  (Read 50670 times)
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #200 on: October 13, 2004, 07:43:10 PM »

Very Cool!
The Village People!? lol..!
okay.. now... which parts of which songs from each of the respective bands might he have been reminded of from the original 3 songs that ended up making up VGH.

YMCA!?  In The Navy!?

Tommy..!   hihi

Pandora
Collector extraordinaire
Legend

« Reply #201 on: October 14, 2004, 04:49:31 AM »

Very Cool!
The Village People!? lol..!
okay.. now... which parts of which songs from each of the respective bands might he have been reminded of from the original 3 songs that ended up making up VGH.

YMCA!?? In The Navy!?

Tommy..!? ?hihi

The Motorhead part was dropped in the end, so no need to look for it   Wink  But I'm still confused about that Village people thing, too  hihi

Got my attitude and my shiny shoes.....
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #202 on: October 14, 2004, 07:18:18 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/presenters/phill_jupitus/home.shtml

Go under Thursday's show.

The part with Tommy starts after 3h 20m something.

Thanks to nia137 on the TS board.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #203 on: October 17, 2004, 07:24:33 PM »

NEW INTERVIEW TONIGHT (gnrsucks.com):

"For starters, the train we took down to Oslo hit a car just 10 mins after it left the station. Some signal stuff didnt work, and a car got its ass smashed in real good. I dont't know what happened to the driver or any passangers, but if he was alone, I think he was alright, although very shook up! We got a taxi to Oslo from there on, on the Norwegian railway system's bill. Before the concert started I was also lucky enough to find a very good quality Motley Crue, Girls Girls Girls Vinyl from 1987, with the tattoo sticker still intact!

The Alien Crime Syndicate guy did a few songs before Tommy. Meanwhile, Tommy was going back and forth from backstage to the merchandise girl and I got the chance to get him to sign my VGH album booklet and get a picture with him! We never got a chance to ask any questions, but don't worry, we would later!

Tommy opened with 2 songs I wasnt familiar with, maybe called "7 days a week" or "On top of the world" or something like that. He commented on my mate's GNR shirt that looked like a Jack Daniels bottle. He thought it was rather wierd they didnt serve Jack at the bar. He also said he might have been in Oslo before, but wasnt sure.

He did "Without a view" and "Light of day". He felt that it was a very relaxed evening, but still very cool. During "Light of day" a couple of guys (including me) sang along to his song and he commented after the song that "maybe his album wasnt so hard to find afterall". He didnt bring any CD's with him, coz they were all stolen somewhere.

Then he played "Someday" with more sing along before one of the strings broke and they had to stop the song and do another one instead with Malin's guitar. One of the songs of his "new old" album.

He finished with "Not a moment too soon". Really cool song live btw.

Ran into a couple of GNR fans from HTGTH from what I could understand and we hung out a bit.
After the show was over he went up to the merchandise stand again and we started talking to him. We didnt get any "new" information from him, but yet a few interesting bits and pieces. I asked him if he felt that the European audience were more hungry for live music than in the US, like Nikki stated this summer. Tommy didnt think so, but he said it was very expensive to go touring in Europe and had to strip it down to just him and his guitar with the ACS guy on backup.

On the subject of Buckethead: Tommy didnt like the guy at all. He tried to be friends with him, talking to him and get a bit close to him, but it didnt work. He was a great guitarist, but didnt really fit in just doing his thing, and the chemistry in the band was a lot better whith Buckethead gone. He mumbled something about "shitting in his bucket", so no, Buckethead was in Tommy's opinion not a nice person at all.

Richard Fortus: Tommy's best mate from what he told us. Richard was an fantastic guitarist and a really good friend. I think he was very happy they had Fortus in the band.

Robin Finck: We asked what Robin was doing these days. I never caught it, but my mate said Tommy said that Robin had been taking dancing lessons! Tommy said Robin was a great guy, and the artistic bit in the band. He had been to his website and thought it was really cool.

February tour: As we propably knew, he wanted to do some solo touring in February, but it wasnt a done deal, coz Axl needed him as well, so it would sort of be on and off with the tour and with GNR.

VMA 2002: He thought it was awesome. Just before they started playing, Axl cracked a joke and kind of caught everyone a bit off guard when the carpet suddenly started rising and they had to stop laughing and start playing!

Future with GNR: When the ball starts rolling sometime after new years, everything will happen. Videos, interviews, a new and updated website. They will be making videos for sure and be on tour. (cool! Wink)

Bumblefoot: Never heard of him, but he said he would propably be filled in on that once he gets back.

He also introduced us to Nathalie (if that was her name) the merchandise girl. "Nathalie, this is the guys". I thought that was pretty cool.

I dont know how long we talked to him, might have been 10-15 minutes or more. When Jesse Malin started his show, Tommy went back to the hotel to check when their flight was departing."

www.gnrsucks.com
« Last Edit: October 17, 2004, 07:26:30 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
DemocracyRose
« Reply #204 on: October 18, 2004, 01:56:12 AM »

Future with GNR: When the ball starts rolling sometime after new years, everything will happen. Videos, interviews, a new and updated website. They will be making videos for sure and be on tour. (cool! Wink)

Great news!!!!

A new webside... finally...

I think C.D will be released in spring next year....
« Last Edit: October 18, 2004, 02:03:03 AM by DemocracyRose » Logged
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #205 on: October 19, 2004, 03:50:40 PM »

Nice one nesquick

I saw this finally after forgetting where it was. This shows that no one should have gotten worried about thal, or buckethead's parts..

Stinson added that he thinks the record is finally almost done, and the only thing that's holding back its completion is legal issues. Even the recent departure of guitarist Buckethead (see "Buckethead's Hand Puppet Says Goodbye To Guns N' Roses") isn't slowing anything down. "As far as I know, he hasn't been replaced, but we already have enough guitarists," Stinson said. "We have Robin Finck and Richard Fortus, and Buckethead will be on the record, too. I really have no idea why he decided to leave, but it didn't come out of left field because he's always come and gone. Even when I do see him, I don't know what he thinks."

Seems like they don't need a third, and that bucket's parts will stay.. Never says you need three to play teh songs..
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #206 on: October 19, 2004, 05:31:51 PM »

Great news!!!!

Yes, and this is true! Actualy it was me asking the question! Since he was so positive that there were going to be videos, they may have made some!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #207 on: October 19, 2004, 05:56:01 PM »

Great news!!!!

Yes, and this is true! Actualy it was me asking the question! Since he was so positive that there were going to be videos, they may have made some!

Good Job guys ok

Videos, Cd, tour...sounds too good to be true.

By the way, GNR hasn't shot a vid in almost 11 years ( WTTJ Live Era doesn't count) Can't wait till I watch the first one off CD.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #208 on: October 19, 2004, 09:37:25 PM »

Source:? BLENDER (mag)
NOVEMBER 2004 Issue

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Kitty
Rocker

« Reply #209 on: October 20, 2004, 12:26:47 AM »

Source:? BLENDER (mag)
NOVEMBER 2004 Issue

red X

9/20/06 9/21/06 12/15/06 2/10/12 2/12/12 2/15/12 10/20/12 10/21/12 11/2/12 11/3/12
Gunner Fucker
Axl's Yes Man
Headliner

Bucketwho?

« Reply #210 on: October 20, 2004, 12:44:22 AM »

I read this at the 2TI board, thought it would be worth posting, quite interesting, some gnr info, nothin' new, but interesting anyway:

"Tommy Stinson "review" 12th of Oct, 2004, Oslo.

Pictures at: http://home.no.net/mysticy/

For starters, the train we took down to Oslo hit a car just 10 mins after it
left the station. Some signal stuff didnt work, and a car got its ass smashed in real good.
I dont't know what happened to the driver or any passangers, but if he was alone, I think
he was alright, although very shook up! We got a taxi to Oslo from there on, on the Norwegian railway
system's bill. Before the concert started I was also lucky enough to find a very good quality
Motley Crue, Girls Girls Girls Vinyl from 1987, with the tattoo sticker still intact!

The Alien Crime Syndicate guy did a few songs before Tommy. Meanwhile, Tommy was going
back and forth from backstage to the merchandise girl and I got the chance to get him to sign
my VGH album booklet and get a picture with him! We never got a chance to ask any questions, but
don't worry, we would later!

Tommy opened with 2 songs I wasnt familiar with, maybe called "7 days a week" or "On top of the world"
or something like that. He commented on my mate's GNR shirt that looked like a Jack Daniels
bottle. He thought it was rather wierd they didnt serve Jack at the bar. He also said he might have been
in Oslo before, but wasnt sure.

He did "Without a view" and "Light of day". He felt that it was a very relaxed
evening, but still very cool. During "Light of day" a couple of guys (including me) sang along to his song and
he commented after the song that "maybe his album wasnt so hard to find afterall". He didnt bring any CD's with him,
coz they were all stolen somewhere.

Then he played "Someday" with more sing along before one of the strings broke and they had to stop the
song and do another one instead with Malin's guitar. One of the songs of his "new old" album.

He finished with "Not a moment too soon". Really cool song live btw.

Ran into a couple of GNR fans from HTGTH from what I could understand and we hung out a bit.

After the show was over he went up to the merchandise stand again and we started talking to him.
We didnt get any "new" information from him, but yet a few interesting bits and pieces.
I asked him if he felt that the European audience were more hungry for live music than in the US, like
Nikki stated this summer. Tommy didnt think so, but he said it was very expensive to go touring in
Europe and had to strip it down to just him and his guitar with the ACS guy on backup.

On the subject of Buckethead: Tommy didnt like the guy at all. He tried to be friends with him, talking
to him and get a bit close to him, but it didnt work. He was a great guitarist, but didnt really
fit in just doing his thing, and the chemistry in the band was a lot better whith Buckethead gone.
He mumbled something about "shitting in his bucket", so no, Buckethead was in Tommy's opinion
not a nice person at all.

Richard Fortus: Tommy's best mate from what he told us. Richard was an fantastic guitarist and a really
good friend. I think he was very happy they had Fortus in the band.

Robin Finck: We asked what Robin was doing these days. I never caught it, but my mate said
Tommy said that Robin had been taking dancing lessons! Tommy said Robin was a great guy, and
the artistic bit in the band. He had been to his website and thought it was really cool.

February tour: As we propably knew, he wanted to do some solo touring in February, but it wasnt a done
deal, coz Axl needed him as well, so it would sort of be on and off with the tour and with GNR.

VMA 2002: He thought it was awesome. Just before they started playing, Axl cracked a joke and kind of
caught everyone a bit off guard when the carpet suddenly started rising and they had to stop laughing and start
playing!

Future with GNR: When the ball starts rolling sometime after new years, everything will happen. Videos,
interviews, a new and updated website. They will be making videos for sure and be on tour.

Bumblefoot: Never heard of him, but he said he would propably be filled in on that once he gets back.

He also introduced us to Nathalie (if that was her name) the merchandise girl. "Nathalie, this is the guys".
I thought that was pretty cool.

I dont know how long we talked to him, might have been 10-15 minutes or more. When Jesse Malin started
his show, Tommy went back to the hotel to check when their flight was departing." gnr.com.ar

A "new updated website"..."videos".... I cry everytime I read that....

ROCK ON

If All I Knew Was That With You I'd Want Someone To Save Me, It'd Be Enough.
Gunner Fucker
Axl's Yes Man
Headliner

Bucketwho?

« Reply #211 on: October 20, 2004, 12:47:49 AM »

Shit I just saw that on the "Tommy Stinson In Europe" thread, didn't know it had been posted.
My bad Undecided Sorry!

ROCK ON
« Last Edit: October 20, 2004, 03:18:59 AM by Gunner Fucker » Logged

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #212 on: October 20, 2004, 03:15:53 AM »

cool reading man ok
makes me wanna cry too, they must be hangin' to get it all out to the world. yes

oh well...lets see it for 05' Cry

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
Guns N Ballz
Rocker

Proud Member of the Butch Walker Mafia!

« Reply #213 on: October 20, 2004, 03:39:13 AM »

Tor (Invisible Noise-2TI)) did a great write up didn't he?  ok
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #214 on: October 20, 2004, 04:44:05 AM »

I already posted this article 3 days ago.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #215 on: October 20, 2004, 06:07:37 AM »

Future with GNR: When the ball starts rolling sometime after new years, everything will happen. Videos,
interviews, a new and updated website. They will be making videos for sure and be on tour.

can we say with confidence that Tommy actually said that??

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #216 on: October 20, 2004, 06:16:51 AM »

For second Time! I were there with Tor! (The guy who made this review) And i can with confidence say that Tommy said this! Because it was actually me Asking the questionto Tommy!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Death Cube K
« Reply #217 on: October 20, 2004, 07:08:31 AM »

It's not a "done deal". It's to his best knowledge. He isnt really in touch with the GNR camp right now, but would be filled in
as soon as he got back.

There were 2-3 of us asking questions. I didnt catch all of it, but most.

And i can with confidence say that Tommy said this! Because it was actually me Asking the questionto Tommy!

Definetely. You also asked what Robin was doing. I didnt hear the answer, but my mate said that Tommy told us Robin have been taking dancing lessons. I asked the question about Bumblefoot, his view on the European live audience compared to the American and some stuff I cant remember.

On the train back home I wrote everything I could remember down on a CD booklet I was given prior to the show.
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #218 on: October 20, 2004, 08:09:31 AM »

It's not a "done deal". It's to his best knowledge. He isnt really in touch with the GNR camp right now, but would be filled in
as soon as he got back.

There were 2-3 of us asking questions. I didnt catch all of it, but most.

And i can with confidence say that Tommy said this! Because it was actually me Asking the questionto Tommy!

Definetely. You also asked what Robin was doing. I didnt hear the answer, but my mate said that Tommy told us Robin have been taking dancing lessons. I asked the question about Bumblefoot, his view on the European live audience compared to the American and some stuff I cant remember.

On the train back home I wrote everything I could remember down on a CD booklet I was given prior to the show.

Thats great! I got a bit drunk later that night, so i cant remember everything, LOL. So, But i do remember that when we asked about videos and things, he answerd with an enthusiastic voice!
I think he said that Robin wasnt doing anything special, but he was taking som lessons. But anyway, i think u got the most in the review Tor, and it sure is the best review we got from any of Tommys shows..!

Nytunz.blogspot.com

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
Gunner Fucker
Axl's Yes Man
Headliner

Bucketwho?

« Reply #219 on: October 20, 2004, 03:14:30 PM »

It's time we got some info from Richard, Robin and Chris. Those guys never speak.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: