Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 04:21:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  15 year girls give GNR fans a bad name
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 15 year girls give GNR fans a bad name  (Read 17597 times)
Dok
Headliner

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2004, 09:03:32 PM »

Oh how smart!

Thank you.

No deal!!!

And how rock n' roll! You want fans waiting for their band to be patient...well...why not understand the fans in the first place? Paying money for tickets, drinkin + having a good time and then wait for hours and hours?

To me rock n' roll is about what Guns did AND what the fans did! Otherwise there'd be no myth and no hype at all. You seem to paint the wall with just one color....

You paid money to see a show, not to wreck an arena and get innocent people hurt.

It's as "rock n' roll" as going to a football game and getting beaten up because you support the "wrong" team.

Well...you mix up some things because:

1 - sport events do start in time (99,9% of them at least)-
2 - wrecking an arena wouldn't happen with someone being there to handle the event -seeing that all new gnr-dudes have been there - no problem IMO
3 - no one was supporting the wrong team - people where just angy they got screwed [but I guess people like you would even be happy if they attend a gnr show and see a no-go and could go like this: "well, at least I got my ticket"...]
« Last Edit: December 14, 2004, 09:09:07 PM by Dok » Logged
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2004, 11:21:18 PM »

Guns N' Roses don't own the arena's they book. What good does it do getting pissed at GnR and tearing up an arena in Philly for example (not to mention possiblly injuring someone who was just trying to leave)

There's nothing "Rock and Roll" about that, it's just plain retarded. 15 year old girls don't give GnR fans a bad name....... You give GnR fans a bad name
SLCPUNK
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2004, 04:26:37 AM »

My daughter is 14 and has the "best of" to get her introduced to GnR.

No she doesn't know the entire AFD album by heart, or could tell you Axl's birthdate, or discuss the lyrics of Brownstone in great detail. But she likes GnR. I think that is pretty cool, considering most of her friends like crap like Jessica Simpson or any other garbage on the radio.

I think I'll buy her a GnR t-shirt for her 15 bday..... hihi

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2004, 05:05:14 AM »

thats how i became a prince fan

i bought the hits vol 1 and 2, love them and then started buyin all the albums and realized that Prince was much greater than the greatest hits. just like GNR are much better than the hits.

i was a GNR fan when i was 12 and i didnt think that was uncool.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Cocaine__tongue
Axl's lawyer wannabe
Rocker

HAPPY HAPPY

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2004, 05:11:35 AM »

Even if we don't like gnr greatest hits, I guess it's a good way to get some new fan base. Sure they would get a better record by buying afd ot uyi's, but it's a good way also to get to know a band.

Madrid '93
Madrid '06
Bilbao '06
San Sebastian '10
London 17
Download Madrid 18
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2004, 06:12:34 AM »

I think he's right.

those aren't true fans.
wait until the next linkin park album comes out, then the same people wear linkin park shirts, the 3 moths later Jay-Z gets his album out and then they wear Jay-Z clothes
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2004, 06:28:36 AM »

? I love hot chics in GNR shirt.? ?
m2, that's not bad imo

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2004, 08:24:27 AM »

I think he's right.

those aren't true fans.
wait until the next linkin park album comes out, then the same people wear linkin park shirts, the 3 moths later Jay-Z gets his album out and then they wear Jay-Z clothes

If you were around in the early 90s, that's exactly how it was.

I don't think everybody who went to the shows on the UYI tour knew all the lyrics, birthdates, Slash's real name etc.

but I guess people like you would even be happy if they attend a gnr show and see a no-go and could go like this: "well, at least I got my ticket"...

GN'R cancelled on me twice and Snakepit once just two days before the show. Did I beat anybody up or destroy anything? No.

I even remember back in 1991 that I was afraid they'd not come to Europe because of what happened in St Louis. But they showed up and I didn't have to tear down Globen in Stockholm.  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SADIS
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2004, 09:54:50 AM »

I don't hate 15 y.o. girls who wear the t-shirt because they have GH.

I do hate 22 year old women/barbie's who wear a GNR (or Iron Maiden/Led Zeppelin) shirt because it makes them look cool in the club. And if you ask them how much they like GNR they reply with "oh, ehm..... Paradise City, is that a new club?". Stupid cunts.....
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 09:57:17 AM by SADIS » Logged
neko
Rocker

Coco el rey de las moronas

« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2004, 03:50:09 PM »

Dok  is understandable that people get mad due to the band not showing up , but you cant put people in risk for that or damage property because of that , that its nor Rock N Roll , i wouldnt like to be injured or get my car destroy because some guy was angry at Guns N Roses. you wouldnt even have the right to damage property of the band .

matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2004, 04:17:14 PM »

People who know only one GN'R song usally SCOM and think thats all their is to them. They piss me off.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2004, 04:26:51 PM »

I think its cool that young people are getting in GN'R. Although some are idiots and will only discover the GH when there is so much more to discover but there is nothing you can do about that but young people getting into guns n' roses is a good sign to me

EEEERRRR Little boy
Kahz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2004, 06:02:14 PM »

These 15 year old girls don't give a bad name to Guns N' Roses fans to anyone except yourself. How many strangers do you think approach them and start mentioning the song titles of Guns N' Roses songs to them in order to get the desired reaction that you crave? Not many. Therefore, most people that see these girls in the Guns N' Roses shirts will just think "Oh, a girl in a Guns N' Roses shirt" and go about their day, not "I bet she doesn't even know the songs on AFD and she just bought the Greatest Hits so I'm going to be a damn snob and go up to her and make fun of her for not being the obsessive GNR fan that I am!"
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 06:15:38 PM by Kahz » Logged

"Can you hear yourself? ... He can't hear shit. It'd be real nice if he could hear better. Probably'd make the song go better."
takeshi
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2004, 06:19:09 PM »

There are few things more annoying than music snobs who think they should decide who is a "real fan" and who isn't.  I couldn't honestly care less if someone buys a GN'R shirt and never listens to the music, it makes no difference to me.  I don't need to inflate my self esteem by trying to make 15 year old children look dumb.

If you bought the greatest hits cd yesterday and like it and you want to say you're a GN'R fan then that's cool with me.  I bought AFD soon after it was released when I was 13 and i'm still a fan and I don't need to put down other fans.  It's petty and pointless and only ends up saying more about you than the kid in the GN'R shirt.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2004, 06:51:07 PM »

My problem is with the posers. The first question I ask is if they are big gnr fans. Most of them say yes. So wouldn't a big gnr fan know the material off of appetite for destruction?

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2004, 06:58:53 PM »

for some people-
it's like nazareth is love hurts, zeppelin is stairway, aggluera is slutty etc

it's defining but not nessescary ignorant or a bad thing,
It's just whats out there in the mainstream, and trademarkin\defining them for the main people
« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 07:05:54 PM by norway » Logged

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Kahz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2004, 08:30:03 PM »

My problem is with the posers. The first question I ask is if they are big gnr fans. Most of them say yes.So wouldn't a big gnr fan know the material off of appetite for destruction?
Why don't instead of mocking these people you encourage them to purchase their other albums?

It's not 1987. If 'Greatest Hits' is all they know and they like that music enough to call themselves fans then that is perfectly allright--because they WEREN'T EVEN BORN WHEN AFD CAME OUT. These people weren't even in grade school by the time TSI came out. All they know of Guns N' Roses is the Greatest Hits. Give them time and they will discover the rest of the albums. If not, then they will probably not stick around as fans for that long and therefore no longer be an embarassment to snobs such as yourself.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2004, 08:32:05 PM by Kahz » Logged

"Can you hear yourself? ... He can't hear shit. It'd be real nice if he could hear better. Probably'd make the song go better."
Furious Styles
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2004, 10:35:44 PM »

Well that's what most Greatest Hits albums do, they showcase the essential hits from a band in hopes to increase the sales catalog of the artist. This worked well with 2Pac, after his death they released his Greatest Hits album with one new unreleased song (Changes) His sales for his previous albums almost doulbed and his Greatest Hits went on to sell close to 10/11 million copies while rocketing his All Eyez On Me album back into the Top Ten.

So releasing a Greatest Hits album is just as much a marketing ploy as it is paying tribute to a band or artist. And to consider that the Gretest Hits album was in some eyes, half-assed, to sell as well as it has is a testament to the music because there wasn't any promotion what so ever. Although in Canda, I have noticed commercials for the Greatest Hits album. And secondly, they are still unconvering Guns N' Roses. I remember the reason I bought Live Era was because of You Could Be Mine. Then slowly over time, every song grew on me and I became a fan for life.

I don't know how to explain this well, but I think there is/was this bias against Guns N' Roses, that may slowly be dwindling in my eyes. I think people held/hold resentment of some sorts to them (media included) so when the band became inactive, they somehow in some twisted way became the antithesis of what was regarded as "cool" in the 90's. They became black-balled in essence.

Guns N' Roses isn't an old 80's band, nor are they a dated grunge band. They can't really be classified because their music and attitude was so diverse as compared to the conditions of that specific time, people can now go back and listen to the music and not find it dated. They spanned a few musical eras, but they were so out of the loop, the trends and changes didn't effect them. So therefore in a sense, kids can now go back and not have to classify Guns N' Roses, they are in essence as much a Rock Band back then as they are a pop band now.
Kahz
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: December 16, 2004, 12:38:23 AM »

This worked well with 2Pac, after his death they released his Greatest Hits album with one new unreleased song
Actually it was four unreleased songs: Changes, God Bless The Dead, Troublesome '96 and Unconditional Love.

*Kicks self for knowing that.

Smiley
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 12:41:22 AM by Kahz » Logged

ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2004, 01:25:48 AM »

i have no problem with people wearing gnr shirts even if they dont know much about them, even if all they know is the greatest hits, Im sorry if some of you disagree but the exposure can only help gnr, as it will make more people curious about gnr and lead them to look more into gnr, and then when cd comes out it is also publicity

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: